Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY} — CLOSING as of October 1 2023

Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Since you're on points the HGI Chelsea is an option too. It's quite decent, and located in the middle of Chelsea, centrally, and right around the corner from the JFK express train.. Depending on the day, Embassy Suites in the WFC is good too, but they have good points availability only on weekends and you'll go everywhere by subway from there.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: SPG PLT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by expatinglasgow
Definitely stay in the city. You can get to/from JFK with relative ease.

the WA is a classic and worth a splurge. TS Hilton is fine, but it lacks the charm of other options in the city.
I'd stay in Manhattan. Personally, I find getting to and from JFK to be a pain, expensive, or both. If you want to take public transit, you need to take a shuttle bus from the HGI to AirTrain, AirTran to the subway/LIRR, and the train into the city. This is especially true late at night, when service is less frequent. Cabs/car is readily available, but it'll cost you $50+.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:26 pm
sk3
Suspended

Programs: AA Gold
Arrow Hilton New York JFK Airport {US-NY}

[I did a search here but didn't see mention of this - if there's already a thread could someone pls provide a link.]

Just noticed this on Hilton's website: Hilton JFK Airport
"This hotel will soon be joining the Hilton Worldwide Portfolio of Brands but is not yet accepting reservations. It is scheduled to open in November 2011"

I posted the following question in this Hilton Forum thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...airport-3.html, but then figured you all would most likely know the answer: Is this a rebranding or new construction?
Old Mar 16, 2011, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It's a rebrand of the old Holiday Inn (currently known as the "International JFK Airport Hotel"). Just Google the new hotel's address -- without the incorrect "11372" ZIP code.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 1:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Good to have another option at JFK. Wish it was at the location of the old Ramada/Travelodge which is right where the Van Wyck ends on airport grounds.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Good to have another option at JFK. Wish it was at the location of the old Ramada/Travelodge which is right where the Van Wyck ends on airport grounds.

Um, I think not. Ever taken a whiff out the car window when driving past the old Ramada? Yep, that would be the sewage treatment plant located directly adjacent to the Ramada. Easily visible from the Howard Beach line of the AirTrain.

I would never stay at a hotel in this location. Better to have a quick hotel shuttle to/from Federal Circle than to be smelling sewage all night. But hey, that's just me.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:20 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
And now please continue to follow this thread in the Hilton Forum.

dstan
NYC Forum Moderator
Old Feb 26, 2012, 3:27 am

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Hilton New York JFK Airport

Just did a search looking for the HGI at JFK (where I have stayed at in the past)--and came across this:

http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...-York/index.do

Seems like this new FS Hilton at JFK opened with very little fanfare....

And given the overall disappointing array of JFK hotel choices, this could be a welcome new option.

Also surprising is that this is a level 4 property, same as the HGI JFK.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:08 am

Programs: HH D, IHG G, SPG G
I think this is the old Holiday Inn which lost it's franchise a couple of years ago - I hope it has been refurbished because when it was a Holiday Inn, it was a dump....
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by wildthing271
I think this is the old Holiday Inn which lost it's franchise a couple of years ago - I hope it has been refurbished because when it was a Holiday Inn, it was a dump....
I understand they are refurbishing it because I had a booking for next week and I received a mail saying that the opening had been postponed, and that they were canceling my reservation.
Did not offer other alternatives though.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:32 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
See also this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...er-2011-a.html

Believe the renovations were delayed, and it opened about a month ago.

The 356-room International JFK Airport Hotel has been rebranded under the Hilton Hotels and Resorts portfolio, following the completion of a renovation programme.

The Hilton New York JFK Airport is located around a quarter of a mile from the airport, with a free 24-hour shuttle bus.

The rebranded property features 263 standard and 64 executive rooms, an indoor swimming pool, fitness centre, Restaurant 44 serving “modern American cuisine”, five meeting rooms and executive lounge.

The hotel becomes the sixth property under the brand in the New York metropolitan area, joining joins the Hilton Times Square, Hilton New York, Millenium Hilton, Hilton Manhattan East and Hilton New York Fashion District.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
Believe the renovations were delayed, and it opened about a month ago.
I understand not yet...

Copy of the mail I received:

Dear Guest,

This email is in regards to your pre-paid reservation recently confirmed at our Hilton New York / JFK Airport property. It is with deep regret to inform you that due to an internal delay the property will not open as scheduled on February 7, 2012. Unfortunately all reservations prior to March 12, 2012 are not valid until the further notice. All pre-paid charges regarding the room and tax only will be refunded accordingly due to this unforeseen circumstance.

We want to thank you again for choosing Hilton Portfolio of hotels for your travel needs. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-236-7113 (24/7). Thank you.

Best regards,
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:08 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
I understand not yet...
You can reserve a room for tonight there, so at least part of it is open
Old Feb 26, 2012, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by cordelli
You can reserve a room for tonight there, so at least part of it is open
Thanks cordelli,

I booked somewhere else but I may look again the Hilton JFK.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 12:27 pm

Made a booking some time ago for a stay starting in 10 days.
Got the same email about cancelation but now the Hotel-Page looks like open already.
Since I got the cancelation I booked into the Double Tree.

Now I'm having TWO prepaid bookings shown at the Hilton Website and the money of the "canceled" booking is still pending to get paid back to the credit card.

Have asked the Diamond Desk to figure that out but no result yet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.