Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:00 am

Thanks for the review; have a stay upcoming and while I was not anticipating a world class property, this is good for expectation management. It seems, for whatever reason, that neither of the big chains really has a decent property in DUS. At least the rates and redemptions are indeed quite low, and I do not plan to spend a ton of time at the property anyhow.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Been reading some reviews about this hotel, and the last month or so they do not look good.
Lot's of people complaining. I'll be here this Friday-Saturday, will write a review here
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I found it fine for the price.
Get to the lounge 17:45 to get a seat and table.
Sit in the bar area for breakfast and find the breakfast fizz.
Worst thing about this place is its too warm.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by GLABA
I found it fine for the price.
This. Stayed over the holidays. Tiny rooms (especially the bathrooms!), no upgrade, lounge was closed, imperfect location, mediocre gym. But, you know what? Fantastic service across the board, excellent sleeping conditions, vouchers to use at the bar, and really good breakfast in the restaurant - all for 60 Euro/night.

Was it a great full-service Hilton? No, probably one of the least impressive I've ever stayed in.

Was it a great 60 EUR/night hotel? Yes, one of the best ever!!!

Context always matters.
FFlash likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Has the lounge re-opened and is the lounge food and drink still out until 2030, as reported by previous posters (as opposed to 2000 like in many other Hiltons)?

I saw the 60 euro rate and jumped on it too quickly without checking the location... I'll probably arrive at the main station after 1900. It will take another 20 mins or so to get to the hotel, check in and dump bags in room, so I would like to know if I should walk briskly or if I can be more relaxed.

Are Diamonds allowed breakfast in the restaurant now? I am staying on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Yes, breakfast is allowed in the restaurant even on weekdays.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:05 am

Programs: EBD, HH Diamond, BW Rewards Diamond, Nordic Choice Club Platinum, Sixt Diamond, Avis President
Always treated well at this property. EL is great with quality beers (Maisels Hefe Weizen, Radeberger lager and traditional Alt) as well as good food. Given upgrade to EL floor every time visiting. HH Diamonds taken good care of. Agree location is not the best, but is a 15-20 minutes tram ride away old town. I prefer to walk along the river if weather is nice. [img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/d40e17c4-76b8-4e96-a1d0-6e371429b29b[/img]
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by :D!
Are Diamonds allowed breakfast in the restaurant now? I am staying on Monday night/Tuesday morning.
I have never been at a Hilton property in Germany (or anywhere in Central or Eastern Europe, for that matter) where Diamonds were not given breakfast in the restaurant.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:46 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I have never been at a Hilton property in Germany (or anywhere in Central or Eastern Europe, for that matter) where Diamonds were not given breakfast in the restaurant.
The Budapest City refused me, but then again the lounge served a full breakfast (it was full in my book at least) and we had it to ourselves both mornings, in contrast to the overcrowded restaurant.

Well, for this property I was going by the breakfast wiki which states "There have been several reports of a €10 upcharge per person for full breakfast in restaurant when the lounge is available, and one report of a gold guest being refused access to the restaurant unless the supplement was paid. Policy is unclear."

and in this thread:

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
In this a case a Diamond with Lounge access got only the breakfast in the lounge.
although reading more carefully, it looks like there is nothing to worry about.

Anyway can anyone answer regarding the lounge evening times?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 10:52 am

The Budapest City refused me, but then again the lounge served a full breakfast
Good point actually. Never did try the restaurant there because the lounge was indeed super nice. I like the terrace. Presumably, the restaurant was packed with river cruisers, who I'm more than happy to avoid.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: HH D

Anyway can anyone answer regarding the lounge evening times?

Executive Lounge hours

You'll notice a slight contradiction between the header and the base text, but this is the most recent(ly possible) information. Evening Snacks and Drinks: 6pm until 8.30pm.
:D! likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I stayed here this weekend. As the picture suggests, there's no breakfast at the lounge during the weekend, thus I was directed to the main restaurant. All in all an okay stay but the location is a bit frustrating.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond KLM gold
Stayed 21 Feb to 24 Feb . The lounge at weekends is open at 3pm. The breakfast in the restaurant is excellent and I always go there. Depending on the drinks you like , the lounge has 3 German beers including the local Alstadt and are all tasty. There is also a selection of wines and spirits. I was only in the lounge Friday due to watching evening football Thursday and Saturday and had forgotten there are sandwiches and cake in the afternoon. Evening food was enjoyable.

I cannot complain about the location. Although a tourist I try not to be one. I catch the skytrain to the main airport railway station then bus 729 to the final stop which is a 5 minute walk to the hotel. I catch tram U78 or U79 which is around 6 minutes to the old town or 10 to the main railway station. I walk to the Rhine which again is a short distance past the trams and sometimes walk through the park to the old town. On Sunday thanks to the weather a large number of people had the same idea.

I stay here quite often and have had no problems. The staff are excellent and some have been there for some time.

Dusseldorf Card is also good value for money

Will certainly stay again.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
I am a regular at this hotel. EL is good, albeit almost always busy - good drinks and beer/wine selection. Food (until 8.30pm) can be a bit variable. I find the lounge staff to be very good. Rooms are all pretty samey, except for the couple of large suites (only been upgraded to one of those once). Small bathroom with over-bath shower (see pictures in a post above). Corridors are recently recarpeted and new chairs in the upper floor rooms. Air-con can be a problem, but at least the windows open. Avoid rooms x12 and x14 unless you like elevator noise!
As noted above it is a bit out of the centre of DUS but it is only a short walk to the U78/U79 U-Bahn/tram service which is cheap and frequent.

Last edited by redpalmetto; Nov 26, 2019 at 9:05 am
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I am also a regular here and I agree with most of the things mentioned in the above post.
Had another stay last weekend. Unfortunately they didn't have port wine, Bailey's and Bacardi any longer in the executive lounge.
When I questioned this, they said that they stopped offering these 6 months ago, even though they were still there during my stay 3 months ago?
Executive lounge food was ok. It is just always sooo warm and if often smells a bit funny in there.
Also noticed a few improvements on the breakfast, a larger selection with a few things that I haven't seen there before.
Still very good value when the price is right.
redpalmetto likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.