Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2015, 3:09 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Originally Posted by thegrailer
While I too am also a spargel fan, I have hotel questions

Have a stay upcoming and a few questions.

1. Lounge hours? As stated in the email post from a couple years ago or different these
I emailed them last week. The answer is here:

Our Executive Lounges operating hours and offering hours are as following:
Monday to Friday from 06:00 till 23:00
All day offerings: The Lounge is offering non-stop Coffee and Tee, Soft drinks, mini chocolates, crackers, chips and Fruits
Newspapers, Tv and internet facilities are included
Morning offerings
We serve continental breakfast from 07:00 till 10:00
Afternoon offerings
From 15:00 till 18:00 you will be able to have the afternoon snacks, sandwiches and diverse mini cakes
Evening offerings
And last but not least our Evening snacks, alcoholic drinks happy hour starting at 18:00 till 20:30
We have a big variation of mini starters, veggie sticks, cheese, wraps/appetizers, bread and warm snacks
chicken wings /yakitori chicken/falafel ect every day we offer different snacks
During the weekend the breakfast will be served at the Max restaurant. from 06:00 till 11:00 and the Lounge will be open from 15:00 till 23:00 with the above offerings
Due the less occupancy of our Hotel, between the 23/12/15 – 03/01/16 the Executive Lounge will be closed but all the guests having Executive rooms booked will have an Executive card
Offering as below
-............. Complimentary Breakfast in .Restaurant MAX
-............. Complimentary parking
-............. Food and beverages vouchers per person and stay on value of EUR 20.00 at the Axis Bar (Children till .12 years old – EUR 10.00)
-............. Discount of .25% .on any F&B department, including the Minibar.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:31 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I emailed them last week. The answer is here:

Our Executive Lounges operating hours and offering hours are as following:
Monday to Friday from 06:00 till 23:00
All day offerings: The Lounge is offering non-stop Coffee and Tee, Soft drinks, mini chocolates, crackers, chips and Fruits
Newspapers, Tv and internet facilities are included
Morning offerings
We serve continental breakfast from 07:00 till 10:00
Afternoon offerings
From 15:00 till 18:00 you will be able to have the afternoon snacks, sandwiches and diverse mini cakes
Evening offerings
And last but not least our Evening snacks, alcoholic drinks happy hour starting at 18:00 till 20:30
We have a big variation of mini starters, veggie sticks, cheese, wraps/appetizers, bread and warm snacks
chicken wings /yakitori chicken/falafel ect every day we offer different snacks
During the weekend the breakfast will be served at the Max restaurant. from 06:00 till 11:00 and the Lounge will be open from 15:00 till 23:00 with the above offerings
Due the less occupancy of our Hotel, between the 23/12/15 – 03/01/16 the Executive Lounge will be closed but all the guests having Executive rooms booked will have an Executive card
Offering as below
-............. Complimentary Breakfast in .Restaurant MAX
-............. Complimentary parking
-............. Food and beverages vouchers per person and stay on value of EUR 20.00 at the Axis Bar (Children till .12 years old – EUR 10.00)
-............. Discount of .25% .on any F&B department, including the Minibar.
Thanks for sharing, all this sounds very inviting and comprehensive. Superb offerings. Cheers & Safe Travels. ^
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:06 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Delectatio
We have a big variation of (...)
chicken wings /yakitori chicken/falafel ect ...
I'm so sad! They are now serving cheap and untasty Junk Food since a few weeks. It is like UK-Style now.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by flysmart2
I'm so sad! They are now serving cheap and untasty Junk Food since a few weeks. It is like UK-Style now.
Goodness, what did they used to serve? Filet and lobster on china? Don't come to a US Hilton - we'd kill for some chicken skewers and falafel...
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Goodness, what did they used to serve? Filet and lobster on china? Don't come to a US Hilton - we'd kill for some chicken skewers and falafel...
As you know there is a big difference between the US, Europe and Asia.
I would never book any Hilton in the US.
And I would also never ever buy or eat any cheap chicken skewers like this - that kind of Convenience Food is unhealthy, but - hey - in this mindset there is also a difference between US, Europa and Asia...

The time before they had pasta, or chicken filet or some fish. This was really nice and worthily for a Five-Star-Hotel in Germany and especially an elegant town like Düsseldorf.

Last edited by flysmart2; Dec 14, 2015 at 1:31 pm
Old Dec 14, 2015, 1:56 pm

Interesting.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 2:33 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Yes. The best spargel, as you may know, comes from Beelitz near Berlin and also in the Frankfurt area (Neustadt Weinstrasse). If your primary purpose is to scarf white asparagus, stick close to these areas for the best local, fresh cut product available.
While I'd personally contest that statement, at the least we should mention there are several other excellent growing regions for spargel in Germany, one notable one is the Baden region with its excellent climate and sandy soil as well as accompanying arable land and excellent wines.

Its not for naught that Baden was a favoured location to detox with the baths and 'the food of kings' (spargel).

However, as helosc mentions, nearly anywhere in Germany will have the white gold during that time and it will be delicious in most locations if it is fresh and accompanied with a local wine ^ (of which the DUS Hilton is not badly placed ) (to bring it ever so slightly back on topic )
Old Dec 17, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
deleted - oops

Last edited by thegrailer; Dec 17, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old Dec 17, 2015, 11:56 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Baden Baden and Neustadt (Weinstraße) are pretty close, no more than 65km apart, so similar climate and growing conditions.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 5:56 am

Programs: Marriott and British Airways
Update from my stay at 19-20 dec: Hotel was oversold and my upgrade tot a junior king went to the presidential suite!
What a room, almost 3 times of my own house. This was the second time I stayed in a presidential suite. Just stayed here for a small review.
This Hilton Dusseldorf is famous for the fresh and high level of breakfast. Gold and Elite Members can have their breakfast complimentary in the restaurant. Skip the lounge for this. The German like to have their breakfast big and fresh so enjoy!
Service is still good, front-office and staff doing a great job.
Tip: Do the walk to downtown, about 25 minutes, Dusseldorf is a great city.

Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just completed a stay at this property. As expected for Gold members, there is not so much love shown by this property. Even though there were still Executive rooms available, they did not upgrade and want to upgrade members who booked a standard room.
They are following the rules word to word. I was only upgraded to a deluxe room. The only benefits as far as I was told for Gold are
- breakfast [which was sub-par in my opinion - they should learn from the Hilton Bonn]
- free minibar in the room [a few softdrinks, water, 2 bottels of beer, kitkat, pringles]

No other additional benefits.

Cheers!
Old Dec 31, 2015, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ITravelElite
This Hilton Dusseldorf is famous for the fresh and high level of breakfast.
Congratulations soon your big upgrade! As far as the breakfast goes (and I admit to having stayed here only once, don't expect to come back) I would give this a below-average grade for four-star hotels in Germany. Fruit seems to come from a tin, paper napkins, pretty poor scrambled eggs...
Old Jun 26, 2016, 10:32 am

Just back from a 2 night stay as a Diamond.
Standard room was pre-upgraded the night before to an executive room (which I don't consider an upgrade). I emailed the hotel a week before arriving to request a 9am check in due to changing travel plans. They told me I would get a room if they had one available.
When we checked in at 9am the guy at the front desk told me that 'they had absolutely no rooms available for early check in and that we would have to come back at 2pm' (He didn't check my name or tier). I told him that I did send them an early check in request and the answer was that 'they didn't have ANY rooms available and that they can't let me check in early...'
When I asked him if I they could please arrange something a little earlier than 2pm (He was getting slightly annoyed) I gave him my name so he could check my reservation. The answer now was 'Ooooh it seems that there are some magicians here, your room is ready!. 5 minutes later I was up in our room...
He was apologetic about the situation but I wasn't very impressed by his approach to be honest.

We had a good stay though, apart from the warm room (A/C doesn't work well and despite the ability to open windows, this wasn't sufficient).
Lounge has improved a lot, they had lovely fresh asparagus with Hollandaise sauce the first night and Chinese/Asian dishes the second night.
The choice of alcoholic drinks is still amazing and one of the best in Europe I guess! (Bacardi, Baileys, Port, Asbach, Whiskey, Sekt, Vodka, Beefeater, etc.)
Breakfast was good.

Definitely a good stay and we will soon return for another leisure weekend!
Old Aug 25, 2017, 1:57 am

Looking to stay here next week as a Diamond. Wondering if there are any more recent reviews.

Are the Lounge hours still as reported up-thread, i.e. open for breakfast on weekdays and for evening refreshments all days (including weekends), with weekend breakfasts for Diamonds complementary in the restaurant?
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by SusanDK
Looking to stay here next week as a Diamond. Wondering if there are any more recent reviews.

Are the Lounge hours still as reported up-thread, i.e. open for breakfast on weekdays and for evening refreshments all days (including weekends), with weekend breakfasts for Diamonds complementary in the restaurant?
I stay here regularly and the lounge hours are indeed still the same.
3 weeks ago I stayed here during the week and could also eat breakfast downstairs in the restaurant as a Diamond (despite breakfast also being served in the lounge).
During the weekends indeed no breakfast in the lounge, the breakfast downstairs is very good btw. (outside terrace weather permitting) as is the lounge (very wide range of drinks and often -not always- very good food). The only problem with the executive lounge is that it is always very warm there (dress lightly :-))
Enjoy your stay!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.