Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2002, 7:43 am

Show the names of the 2 venues in the hotel. They will tell you how to get there. No short translation possible.
Wellingerode is quite far.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search
Old May 17, 2002, 8:40 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nobody-elite:
Thanks USA Fan... not what I wanted to hear but thought it was probably going to be true.
What does this mean in English?... I have NO German
Meuser in Alt-Niederkassel for "Speckpfannkuchen"
-Uerigen in the "Altstadt" for "Alt-Bier"
</font>
Not sure what exactly you want to know, but "Speckpfannkuchen" would be Bacon-Pancake (litteral translation) and Alt-Bier is either a brand of beer or old beer (I'm guessing traditionally brewed or similar). Altstadt litterally means the old town and usually signifies the historic city centre or similar.

Old May 17, 2002, 1:42 pm

This is the original German beer, a thousand-year-old brewing legacy. In fact, Alt is the beer Germans loved before they even knew they were Germans. Alt Bier means “old beer” (as in old brewing style, not beer that’s been sitting around too long).
Summit continues the age-old tradition of top fermentation favored by brewers in the Düsseldorf region in far western Germany (thus the mouthful of a name).
We only brew this rich, strongly malted, dry hopped beer from September through October, but that’s the perfect time of year to enjoy it.
Old May 20, 2002, 8:23 am
Original Poster

I ended up staying at the Four Points Sheraton in Dusseldorf instead of the Hilton.

By faxing the hotel directly, I got a 49 Euro rate and got upgraded to a one-bedroom suite. Rate included a wonderful breakfast buffet.

Old May 20, 2002, 11:28 am

Chpp...

Do you know if this rate or something similar is still being offered?

How long ago was it that you stayed at the Sheraton? Unfortunately, I am not a Starwood member, so probably wouldn't get such a nice upgrade, but the Euro price is very good.

[This message has been edited by nobody-elite (edited 05-20-2002).]
Old May 20, 2002, 3:33 pm

This is an update on the rate that Chppp was telling us about for the Dusseldorf hotel.

I know it is not Hilton property but the price is fantastic.

I called the Sheraton hotel directly and talked to a girl at the reservations and this is what she told me...

There is a 50 Euro price for a King or Queen room and this price includes taxes and a breakfast buffet. If there are 2 people sharing the room the price goes up to 60 Euro but that also includes 2 buffet breakfasts...

The very best rate I can get at the Hilton is 98 Euro for the dates in June I am looking for..

To everyone who has posted information to help me out, I really do appreciate it, and hope that I too can help somebody in return by sharing my information.

Old Apr 15, 2003, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Dusseldorf Hilton

I'm going to be staying there for the "Dusseldorf Do" in July using award. I did a search but didn't really find anything on DH other than a brief mention in a compliant thread (and boy am I a dumb bunny; I can count on one hand the times I've gotten some of the things mentioned in said compliant thread even w/ paid stays at Hiltons, but I digress). Anyone stayed there lately? Info appreciated. Cheers.

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited 04-15-2003).]
Old Apr 16, 2003, 1:12 am
Suspended

An average european Hilton, the exterior is so ugly, but Hilton decided some years ago to stay in the building and not to build a new Hilton in DUS.Rooms are ok from what I have heard lately.

Location is solid, if you like to walk around.The Rhine is about 200-300 yards away, the city center a little bit further.You don`t need a car in DUS, the public transportation system is actually pretty good.

I just checked and was amazed that it will be a Cat.4 Hotel from June.Rates at the property vary wildly, I have seen it in the $ 70-80 range as well as thrice as expensive during fairs...

Sometimes you can get great rates, if you book a hotel in combination with Musical tickets, make sure to check:

www.miaminights.de

[This message has been edited by Threy (edited 04-16-2003).]
Old Apr 17, 2003, 5:51 am

I have been there before the renovation (beginning of this year). The lounge access is one of the best I have ever had. You can eat and drink champagne, and never leave the hotel...
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Hilton Dusseldorf Treatment of Diamonds and internet access

Can someone advise please on treatment of HHonors Diamond members at this Hotel? Also if possible please advise on internet access from the Hotel. Any other comments appreciated. Cost of cab from DUS to Hotel? Thanks and regards
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
As I am staying there right now:

I got a room on the exec floor as Gold.

Breakfast is in the exec lounge (not as good as breakfast in the restaurant which will cost 10€ if you stay on the exec floor)

Drinks (Full Bar) and warm Snacks in the exec. lounge from 5pm-8pm

Internet by analog modem only (although DUS claims to be on of the first cities to be completely wireless-lan'ed, I can't get any signal in or around the hotel)

Taxi from the airport should be ~12 Euro for a &lt;10min ride.

If you need to know anything else, just let me know.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 8:59 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks. Our rate includes buffet breakfest so maybe we will make it downstairs for food. Is there a business center w/ internet access? Maybe I will skip the laptop on this trip. Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz ignored
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:
Thanks. Our rate includes buffet breakfest so maybe we will make it downstairs for food..</font>
My rate included it also, but I was told if I get upgraded to the exec. floor, I will have to have breakfast in the exec lounge. Even with a breakfast included in the rate, they would charge me 10€ for the breakfast downstairs . There are no hot items in the exec lounge. They even seem to charge 3-5 Euro for eggs/omlettes/pancakes...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> Is there a business center w/ internet access? Maybe I will skip the laptop on this trip. Thanks.</font>
Will check this tonight.
Old Jul 8, 2003, 9:29 am

That is not fair. I will take it up with them when we arrive. Please advise on access. Thanks
Old Jul 8, 2003, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
RTWSTARALLIANCE, you're going to be completely booked w/ the Dus Do activities. Leave the laptop at home I am. Enjoy your time in UK & Dus & leave work behind. See you next week.

------------------
Sharon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.