Search

Hilton Dusseldorf {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 9:09 am

Dear guest,

In regards to your question, please find our executive opening hours below:
Monday - Friday: 7.00am - 11.00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 3.00pm - 11.00pm
On weekends we do serve breakfast in our MAX restaurant from 6.30am - 11.00am.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf and please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions. I am at your service!

Kind regards from Dusseldorf,

Jil Hartmann
Personal Assistant to General Manager
[email protected]
Old Jul 12, 2011, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Hilton Duesseldorf
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dusseldorf and please do not hesitate to contact me for further questions. I am at your service!
While I appreciate the offer to write to you directly, I would prefer asking my questions here so other people will see the answer and not have to contact you with the same questions.

I will be staying at the Hilton Dusseldorf for four nights beginning on 5 December. I am Hilton Gold and will be on an award stay.

1. What are my chances of being upgraded?

2. Are breakfasts continental or full?

3. If they are continental, am I offered the option of paying the difference between the price of a continental and full breakfast to get the full?

4. I will not have a car. I would like to visit the historical section of Dusseldorf and also the Christmas Mart. What public transportation would be available to/from the hotel?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 3:40 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
4. I will not have a car. I would like to visit the historical section of Dusseldorf and also the Christmas Mart. What public transportation would be available to/from the hotel?
There's a subway/tram station quite near to the Hilton. (Kaiserswerther Str)
You will easily access the old town within 10 Mins.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Andie007
True. And my gut feeling tells me that I have answered this question quite a few times further up in this thread. The U78/U79 depart any few minutes, so no need to study time tables.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:28 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Andie007
The stop of U 78 / 79 is actually either Golzheimer Platz or Theodor-Heuss-Brücke ( I take the later if coming from main station / old town and the first if going in this direction). In addition there is a bus stop Nordfriedhof very close to the hotel.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
In addition there is a bus stop Nordfriedhof very close to the hotel.
In a city which I don't know, I always prefer taking the bus to a train as it gives me more of a chance to sightsee. Does every bus at Nordfriedhof go to the Old City or should I look for a specific line?

Also, is the Christmas Mart in the Old City?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 2:17 am

[QUOTE=Dovster;16716078]While I appreciate the offer to write to you directly, I would prefer asking my questions here so other people will see the answer and not have to contact you with the same questions.

I will be staying at the Hilton Dusseldorf for four nights beginning on 5 December. I am Hilton Gold and will be on an award stay.

1. What are my chances of being upgraded?

2. Are breakfasts continental or full?

3. If they are continental, am I offered the option of paying the difference between the price of a continental and full breakfast to get the full?

Dear guest,

First of all thank you for choosing the Hilton Dusseldorf for your reward stay.
Of course I am glad to answer your questions via Flyertalk:

1. At this point your chances for being upgraded are quite good and I already made a note in your profile. Unfortunately I am not allowed to confirm this as upgrades are subject to availability.

2. & 3. The breakfast we serve in our Executive Lounge is a continental breakfast, however we do offer a full breakfast in our MAX restaurant for an additional charge of 10 euros.

4. There are usually different Christmas Marts in Dusseldorf and they are all quite close to each other in the Old Town and the City Center. I would definetely recommend taking the subway U78 / U79 as they depart in a minute cycle and take your directly to the Old Town. If you would like to bus, you might take the line 834 until "Münsterstrasse" and then switch to 701until "Jan-Wellem-Platz" from there on it is a 5 minute walk to the Old Town.
Otherwise you could also take a 30 minutes walk along the river Rhein to the Old Town.

Dear guest, I hope I was able to answer your questions and please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. We are looking forward to welcoming you in December.

Kind regards,

Jil Hartmann
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Duesseldorf

Kind regards from Dusseldorf,

Jil Hartmann
[email protected]
Jil was better than her word -- much better!

I was planning on renting a car from Sixt's office in the Hilton on Dec 9 and driving it to Frankfurt for my stay in the Hilton there.

I noticed on the Hilton Dusseldorf's website that the hotel has a special Christmas Package offer in which parking is free. (The usual price is 22 Euros per night.)

I explained to Jil that I would actually prefer to rent my car for four days but the extra 88 Euros for parking made it too expensive and asked if the free parking was only for the Christmas Package rate or for all stays in December (I will be on an award stay.)

Jil told me that it was only for the Christmas Package but she spoke with the Sixt Office in the Hilton and got them to agree that if I extend the rental to four days, they will arrange for me to have free parking at the hotel.

I changed my reservation to pick up the car at the airport (thus saving me the taxi fare) and wound up paying 294,91 Euros for the four day rental (as opposed to the 92 Euros I was going to pay for the one day). Much of the difference in price will be made up by my not taking the train to/from Wuppertal two or three times during my stay.

Jil not only made me a much happier Hilton guest but at the same time made a profit for Sixt by getting them a four day rental instead of one for a single day. That has got to improve the Hilton Dusseldorf-Sixt relationship.

Now, if we can only get Jil appointed to head up the international HHonors program...
Old Dec 19, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Currently staying at this property for the 2nd time this month. Nice hotel, but the normal rate of circa €190 for a deluxe room is horribly overpriced.
This time I took advantage of the December sale, and I've got an Exec room for €140.
The room isn't really much different to the deluxe room, but the lounge is very nice, there was a good spread of food when I arrived on Sunday night and some decent breakfast options. If the price was normally this reasonable I would be staying here again, but once the price goes back up I will be taking my business elsewhere again.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:41 pm

Just had a one night award stay at the Hilton Dusseldorf. I used points since the regular rates were too high. I booked a King Hilton Deluxe room and was upgraded to Executive Floor room (10th floor). This was a nice surprise since it allowed me to have dinner in the lounge.

I was allowed to have breakfast in the lounge, but also got a voucher for the restaurant, so I had the full breakfast in the restaurant which was quite good with excellent cereal, cheese and cold cuts selections as well as a omelette station.

There are plenty of taxis waiting right in front of the hotel, so going from the hotel to the airport is very easy.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gld, Hyatt Plat
Spent one night after flying TATL from JFK via LHR. Checked in by Julie (Julia?) who was fantastic. I did an advance purchase for a king room and was upgraded to the 10th floor with access to the Executive Lounge (not open 24 hours). I did swing up to check out the Executive Lounge which had an array of non-alcoholic drinks, teas and a single-serve coffee/expresso machine. The bedroom was nicely done with a view of a freeway, but not noisy at all. Similar amenities as the standard US Hiltons, except with an added gift of cheesecake, a small bottle of wine, and a pear. Unfortunately, my flight coming into Dusseldorf was delayed so I ended up checking in too late to enjoy dinner in the Executive Lounge (9pm).

As others mentioned, the hotel is situated in an industrial park like setting, but is only 2 blocks away from the tram/subway that goes directly to the main railway station. This makes coming to/from the airport, or the town center, very easy with frequent trains. Another option for going to the city center is via a 15-20 minute walk along the Rhine, which has a riverside park that travels the whole length of the river and is beautiful. The immediate neighborhood is mostly empty, but safe, and there is a Vapiano restaurant a couple of blocks away.

The Executive Lounge had a late opening the following day (Thursday) and didn't serve breakfast. But they offered the full breakfast buffet (just mention your room number at the front) which was more than adequate with made-to-order omelets, a whole spread of cheese and bread, and lots of other goodies.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
As a non-upgraded elite, I still got the pear plate and cake. No wine, though.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:34 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

Just spent 1 night at this hotel.
Location, not too far from the U-Bahn station, but not close enough if you have luggage. Parking in the weekend should not be a problem close to the hotel for free.
As a Gold Elite, was not upgraded to the Exec floor, to the new rule "Deluxe rooms" to what this property refer to as the "Business floor".
Received a platter plate (cherry cake + cherries) and a small bottle of red wine.
Room comes with a bottle of water (both sparkling and non-sparkling).
Breakfast is thrown in even if not upgraded to the Exec floor.
Exec. floor is closed in the mornings during the weekends, opens only from 3 pm till 11 pm(if I remember correctly).
Breakfast spread not too bad, though quite sparse considered that if I had to pay 20++ euro for it.

Furniture in the room is exactly the same as the one in Bonn where I am now writing this. Is this a German-wide Hilton decoration fetish?

Cheers!
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:07 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi,

Just spent 1 night at this hotel.
Location, not too far from the U-Bahn station, but not close enough if you have luggage. Parking in the weekend should not be a problem close to the hotel for free.
As a Gold Elite, was not upgraded to the Exec floor, to the new rule "Deluxe rooms" to what this property refer to as the "Business floor".
Received a platter plate (cherry cake + cherries) and a small bottle of red wine.
Room comes with a bottle of water (both sparkling and non-sparkling).
Breakfast is thrown in even if not upgraded to the Exec floor.
Exec. floor is closed in the mornings during the weekends, opens only from 3 pm till 11 pm(if I remember correctly).
Breakfast spread not too bad, though quite sparse considered that if I had to pay 20++ euro for it.

Furniture in the room is exactly the same as the one in Bonn where I am now writing this. Is this a German-wide Hilton decoration fetish?

Cheers!

No, the Hilton Dortmund, Cologne, Nuremberg, Berlin have different furniture, but you might have a deja-vu in Munich City ...

The opening hours are correct and in terms of room amenities you have not missed much, the executive floor rooms have the same cake, bottle of wine and mineral water.

As Gold Breakfast should be free anway, if you are upgraded or not. It is rare that you are not upgraded to the Executive floor as Gold at the Hilton Düsseldorf on the weekend, but if it was July 20 - 21 the lounge was surprisingly busy in the evening (Stayed there as well and will return tomorrow).

You might check the Hilton Meeting thread

Regarding parking, close to the L'Oreal building are usually free parking spots later in the afternoon or in the street leading to the Radisson.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Does this hotel offer the EL in the PM's everyday of the week, including weekends (eg Sunday)? What is the spread? Seems like non-alcoholic drinks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.