Honors points transfers

Old Jun 13, 01, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Honors points transfers

I am wondering how strict Hilton is about point transfers. Would I be able to transfer points from my account into my son's AA ff account?
Old Jun 13, 01, 3:01 pm
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I was wondering the same thing, but thanks to the Hilton 1K bonus for updating account and conversion of MyPoints to Hilton, my wife had enough Hilton points (10K) for transfer to AA (2K miles).

I have done it the other way around, airline miles to HH between among family member accounts, but there is no guarantee that it will work in the future.
Old Jun 14, 01, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

I, too, would like to do the transfer for the AA promo. My kids can use the partner credit.

Now that this message is at the top, perhaps a Hilton expert will attempt an answer.
Old Jun 15, 01, 8:53 am
PG
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
I am sure that the official answer is no, but what would happen if you try. I doubt if you'll lose your HH points.
Old Jun 15, 01, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, the transfer is not automated. I talked to a customer service rep today who said no. I'm still thinking about sending an email with my son's ff# instead of mine but I bet they won't let it go through. I tried with Diners Club too but no luck.
Old Jun 15, 01, 10:34 pm

I was able to transfer some of my Diner's points into my son's SW account. He needed 4 more credits for a free ticket and the 12 month deadline was approaching. It went through without a problem.
Old Jun 15, 01, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

sgosline,
Do you and your son have the same name? I filled out the DC form online to transfer miles to one of my kid's accounts and they called me to tell me that I couldn't do the transfer. What is your secret?
Old Jun 16, 01, 12:54 am

As far as Diners Club is concerned, point transfers to someone else's account are allowed, except for AA, BA, Air France, and Frontier. This has been the case for many, many years. And, no, it does not have to be the same last name. Make your request by telephone, and do not forget to take down the confirmation number for the transfer.

[This message has been edited by Likemiles (edited 06-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Likemiles (edited 06-16-2001).]
Old Jun 16, 01, 9:33 am

You can always add your son's FF account number to your HH account and make it the active one for your next stay. It won't affect your HH points, but will keep his FF active and provide some miles for him. Has worked for me.
Old Jun 21, 01, 11:35 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by DebBrown:
I am wondering how strict Hilton is about point transfers. Would I be able to transfer points from my account into my son's AA ff account?</font>
The names on the account must match. It is done through the "system", meaning a person isnt handling it, and if they names do not match, the transfer will simply reject. On top of that, alot of time is lost due to how long it normally takes for a transfer to go through. On the flip side, if a child has expiring airline miles, a HHonors account can be set up in the childs name and the miles can be transferred from the the childs airline account in to his newly opened HHonors account. By contacting the Customer Service Center and letting them know what is going on with that, they will usually let the parent of the child use the points upon account verification as it is obvious that a child cannot check into a hotel. Hope this helps.
Old Oct 22, 02, 8:47 am

Transfer HH -> airline for family members ?

Hi,

Can my daughter trasfer her HHonors points to my airline FF program (let's say UA) ?

Thanx in advance
Absik001
Old Oct 22, 02, 11:01 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Exchanges may only be made in the specific increments, and both the Partner program account and the HHonors account must be in the same name.</font>
http://www.hilton.com/en/hhonors/terms.jhtml#exchange
Old Dec 14, 03, 1:44 pm

Transfer HH Points into Amex MR account?

Hi All,

I know it is possible to transfer American Expres Membership Rewards points into a HH Accounts.

But can I transfer HH Points into an Amex MR account, and what is the conversion rate (do I loose a lot)?
Old Dec 14, 03, 2:01 pm

The transfer can only be done from MR into Hilton, and not vice versa.

Mike
Old Jan 28, 04, 5:28 pm

HHonors points transfers

Is it possible to transfer points to someone else somehow? I want to trade some Honors points for some Delta miles - is this possible?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: