Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Suggestions for a fun Beach Weekend that doesn't require a passport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:27 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am trying to plan a fun long weekend for me and my girlfriends. There will be three of us sharing one room. We are not looking for a spring break party but lively evening entertainment would be fun. We are all 28-32 so not into the old folks seen either. One girl doesn't have a passport so destinations in Europe and Asia are out the window. Also Hawaii is out due to time it takes to get there and back.

I have oodles of Hilton points and I am a Diamond member so any suggestions are welcome.

------------------
Rachel
My Picture Page
Old Jan 25, 2004, 1:22 pm

St Lucia Jalousie Hilton is a great beach resort, private villas with plunge pools! No passport required, just raised stamp birth cert. Not sure about night time entertainment, I think the lounge had entertainment, plus I did not go, but read about Bang on Wed. night! Have fun!
Our villa had a king bed w/sofa sleeper, or some villas have a 2nd room with sofa sleeper and 2nd tv.

[This message has been edited by adgtravel (edited Jan 25, 2004).]
Old Jan 25, 2004, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two words...........Caribe Hilton.

MisterNice
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:01 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Puetro Rico or Miami?
Old Jan 25, 2004, 4:05 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I am not really sure if there is anything that would fit this requirement but I was also thinking West Coast (San Diego, LA, etc.)

Miami and South Beach would be cool too.

I am trying to use my Fly 3, Get 1 free certs so I would really like to stay in the 48 contiguous states.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 5:32 pm
In Memoriam

More details if you are thinking of the west coast, it can be pretty cool there depending on exactly what you are calling spring break time.

You can also have a fun weekend in Napa if you are all into wine, but there isn't a beach involved.

Old Jan 25, 2004, 6:47 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

We are thinking either late April or early May. Napa sounds fun but a beach is a necessary.

Also Vegas is out.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 8:02 pm
Suspended

prncess674:

Well if you want SoBe, then you would want the DT Surfcomber or perhaps the Hilton Fountainbleu.

Of course, the Hilton Key West comes to mind.

With respect to the West Coast, you have the San Diego Hiltons, and the GasLamp, although w/o a beach is near one, and it is very mod, and is in The hopping Gaslamp District for you fun gals.

Also, there is the Hilton Huntington Beach you may want to consider, as well.

May reviews on these pages of the above properties, as well as on Tripadvisor.com

Enjoy!
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:03 pm
In Memoriam

Passports are currently taking like three weeks to get, so the one who doesn't have one yet can easily get one in time for the trip and then the entire world is open for you.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 10:04 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cordelli:
Passports are currently taking like three weeks to get, so the one who doesn't have one yet can easily get one in time for the trip and then the entire world is open for you.</font>

I know that she could get a passport but she is really broke and will probably never even leave the country.

Also since this is just for a long weekend I would like to maximize our time on the ground and not in the air.

[This message has been edited by prncess674 (edited Jan 25, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 6:24 am

Programs: HH, NWA
Key West is great, we'll be there in a few weeks. However don't go to the Keys for the beaches (especially Key West), they just aren't very good.

Some of the beaches on the gulf coast are awesome, such as Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel Island. Not sure what Hilton properties are there, though. Fort Myers (RSW)is a nice smaller airport to get in and out of, and usually just as cheap to fly to as the larger ones like Tampa and Miami. If you're going in April when northern Florida warms up, they say the beaches in Destin are beautiful.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:33 am

I would suggest the Cancun Hilton. As a Diamond you will be upgraded to a nice Villa right on the beach and the Concierge room is great with free big breakfasts and free booze and hot apps everynight from 5-7. Plus the staff at this hotel is the nicest of any Hilton i have stayed at.

I am also going to the Marco Island Hilton in a few weeks on the Gulf Coast/Southwest Flaorida. I have read some pretty good things, but social options may be limited.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 8:52 am

Programs: HHonors, SPG, UAL - 1P
I'd strongly consider Key West. Weather is pretty iffy further North of there in Florida during the winter. My folks are about 60 miles north of there and it has been getting down around 40 degrees lately. In Key West the lows appear to be in the 60s.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 9:24 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
No one has mentioned...

The Hotel: Hilton Las Cruces, New Mexico

The Beach: White Sands, New Mexico

--Grog--

P.S. I haven't found the water yet, though...

[This message has been edited by Grog (edited Jan 26, 2004).]
Old Jan 26, 2004, 10:45 am

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Hilton on Marco Is, great beach, fly into RSW (Ft. Myers) even tho' Naples is closer, RSW has many discount airline co's flyiing into. Cocoa Beach has f.s Hilton (has a cons. lounge) but the property has no balcony's (wierd but true), and a DT that is just up the beach w/balcony's Melbourne Beach has f.s. Hilton ( no lounge-bfst. coupons instead) right on the beach with balcony's and all rooms face the Atlantic. Cocoa & Melbourne are 1 hr from MCO (Orlando) via 528 "the Beeline" tool road.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.