Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Undoubtedly the Conrad. I found the Hilton this year to have rather disappointing food that was difficult to make a dinner out of. The Conrad has a decent buffet and plenty of sparkling wine. The Millenium is primarily appetisers IIRC.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by templar42
Undoubtedly the Conrad. I found the Hilton this year to have rather disappointing food that was difficult to make a dinner out of. The Conrad has a decent buffet and plenty of sparkling wine. The Millenium is primarily appetisers IIRC.
Millennium is primarily appetizers, but the mid-shelf cocktails (e.g. made with Absolut vodka) were unexpected. I thought they'd only have well-grade liquor. Otoh, the afternoon tea spread is basically a full lunch - quite nice sandwiches, a savory snack (quiche, samosa), cakes/mousse/dessert, and scones. Actually, the afternoon tea service is one of the best I have seen in a lounge. Most phone it in with a couple of cookies and a carby thing that "I cannot believe that anyone could call this a scone!"
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & LTP, Hilton Diamond (Aspire card), Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold (almost free agent)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by templar42
I echo this! One night stay the past weekend at Millennium, happy hour food was pathetic with 2 to 3 hot items only and most deep fried. As a Diamond, upgraded to new remodeled executive room at Millennium (no suit available during CI) and premium executive at Hilton Suk (suits available during CI). Hilton Suk is the most stingy among Hilton Bangkok hotels in term of Diamond upgrade though I will try a few nights in WA during Christmas.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Originally Posted by Amelorn
Most phone it in with a couple of cookies and a carby thing that "I cannot believe that anyone could call this a scone!"
Sitting as I am in the Renaissance KL lounge, this is a very apt description of the afternoon tea here too!

In fairness, the Conrad BKK is also no slouch at scones with cream and jam.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

For whatever reason, Thailand Hiltons are the only place I’ve come across in the world who don’t upgrade diamonds before check-in. And yes I know technically it’s suppose to be at check-in, but every Hilton property I’ve stayed at across the world always has upgraded a diamond to a suite before check-in.

Presumably you mean that WHEN UPGRADED, it tends to happen beforehand. If you mean that you ALWAYS get a suite as a Diamond, I would like to invest in your unicorn farm...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:43 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I found Hilton Sukumhvit to be more fun than Conrad at Happy Hour, place had more of a buzz to it and drinks / food were decent

that said, room upgrades are better at Conrad for Diamonds, from my limited experience

Last edited by #1son; Nov 20, 2018 at 8:23 am
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
For whatever reason, Thailand Hiltons are the only place I’ve come across in the world who don’t upgrade diamonds before check-in. And yes I know technically it’s suppose to be at check-in, but every Hilton property I’ve stayed at across the world always has upgraded a diamond to a suite before check-in.
You must be traveling across some other world because this is most decidedly not planet Earth you're speaking of.
NoY, eddibabyyeah and arlflyer like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
I must say I really enjoyed sitting outside at the mellinium drinking beer while looking down and watching the lights come on over the city at dusk. food was so so.
harri, NoY and eddibabyyeah like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
Originally Posted by bearkatt
I must say I really enjoyed sitting outside at the mellinium drinking beer while looking down and watching the lights come on over the city at dusk. food was so so.
Me too. I love the Millennium for this reason. I have stayed in all the Hilton's in BKK and generally return to the millennium to sit outside the lounge with a beer. As far as food is concerned, BKK has an unbelievable amount of food at very reasonable prices. I cannot understand why anyone would want to go to a city such as this to eat free food in a lounge.
JJeffrey, harri, serfty and 3 others like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I know convenience and cost effectiveness make using hotel lounges very appealing for some, but on behalf of all the excellent food out there in Bangkok, please don’t eat only at the hotel! 🙂
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
Me too. I love the Millennium for this reason. I have stayed in all the Hilton's in BKK and generally return to the millennium to sit outside the lounge with a beer. As far as food is concerned, BKK has an unbelievable amount of food at very reasonable prices. I cannot understand why anyone would want to go to a city such as this to eat free food in a lounge.
^ For us that view is one of the most memorable of all of the Hilton properties we've stayed in around the world (if there's a "best Hilton view" thread the Millennium should feature prominently).
eddibabyyeah and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
I've found the wine selection at the Conrad to be disappointing.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:37 am

Pick the one with the worst lounge, so you're "forced" (Darn! Thai street food!) to get out of the hotel. Then take the money you saved and eat like a king.
NoY, eddibabyyeah and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
The Conrad Bangkok has by far the best Executive lounge offerings at present.
I was there last week and was very impressed
great staff and service too !
Old Nov 20, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
You must be traveling across some other world because this is most decidedly not planet Earth you're speaking of.
I can only speak to my experiences, and I’m referring to getting upgraded to suites pro. I have been upgraded before check-in to a suite in Hong Kong, mainland China, Munich, Atlanta, Houston, Washington D.C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.