Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Honestly, Thailand is the best for finding good hotel deals. Not exactly a place I'd use points/certificates at except at a few properties (ex. Conrad Koh Samui, etc.).
Old Dec 12, 2015, 10:59 pm
Suspended

rates vary in both BKK & HKT depending on the season as well as over certain holidays, both Thai and int'l.

Originally Posted by mak101
I have never book through HHonors program and never stayed in any Hilton hotels and just few months back we earn about 150 K through Citi card and would like to use points to book 2 rooms in Bangkok and 2 rooms in Phuket Thailand, is it possible?

I would appreciate if someone point me the right direction in this massive jungle thread

Thanks.
Old May 13, 2016, 2:53 pm

Planning my first trip to Thailand in mid August for 5 nights. Not sure if we'll be in Bangkok that whole time or venture elsewhere for a couple days. There is a large group of us 7 (family of 5 and grandparents). I have HH Gold and considering whether I should be considering booking at a Hilton or looking elsewhere. A couple questions:

- Assume max is 4 people per room so will need 2 rooms (4-3) or will I need 3 rooms at some locations (2-2-3)
- What's the likelihood of upgrades for Gold, would it apply to all rooms or just the one?
- What are the chances of getting breakfast included for all?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:14 am

Best Bangkok Property for Diamond

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. The only threads I could find were a really outdated one and the general Thailand thread. I'm not a regular Hilton customer, but I've recently status-matched to Diamond, and I'm trying to decide between the three Hilton properties in Bangkok (not considering the DT). At the moment, they all cost the same if I do cash and points. This will be our first visit to Thailand. We'll be in Bangkok for two nights, and we'd like to do some touristy things, but it's also a bit of a romantic trip, so we'd like a hotel that has a more relaxed, vacation vibe, versus all business (ie impersonal). The Hilton Sukhumvit seems to be in a convenient location and it's newer, but the Millennium looks like it has a more impressive pool and the views, and then Conrad just seems more up-market. Which would better suit our needs and provide the best Diamond perks???
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:44 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Conrad for me

Originally Posted by Not Built for Winter
Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere. The only threads I could find were a really outdated one and the general Thailand thread. I'm not a regular Hilton customer, but I've recently status-matched to Diamond, and I'm trying to decide between the three Hilton properties in Bangkok (not considering the DT). At the moment, they all cost the same if I do cash and points. This will be our first visit to Thailand. We'll be in Bangkok for two nights, and we'd like to do some touristy things, but it's also a bit of a romantic trip, so we'd like a hotel that has a more relaxed, vacation vibe, versus all business (ie impersonal). The Hilton Sukhumvit seems to be in a convenient location and it's newer, but the Millennium looks like it has a more impressive pool and the views, and then Conrad just seems more up-market. Which would better suit our needs and provide the best Diamond perks???
Hi! We are just back from BKK. 2nd time and we went with Conrad, excellent hotel.
It has a good feel to it, nearest the airport and beside metro so easy to get around. Also shops beside it if you need.

I booked on sale rate an exec corner room 1st night, then a basic room for 2nd night as we were leaving at 0205 in am. Got upgrade to exec king suite for both nights. 1st stay we booked standard room and got Terrace Suite with outside area. Lounge is very good with nice food in evening and good breakfast. I like the pool and gym

Millenium Hilton last time was good as well. For me not so easy to get too. Upgrade there was good as well from standard to suite. Lounge is very good with excellent views. Pool is nicer here.

For me the Conrad takes it if rates are the same

Enjoy your trip
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:59 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Originally Posted by Not Built for Winter
I've recently status-matched to Diamond, we'd like to do some touristy things, but it's also a bit of a romantic trip, so we'd like a hotel that has a more relaxed, vacation vibe, versus all business (ie impersonal).
The Conrad is a business hotel, so the Millennium would be your hotel.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The BKK properties, incl. your question have been discussed at length in this forum/many times.

There are many opinions on this. Whilst there certainly are pros and cons for each of the properties, you will most likely be happy at anyone of them. Personally, I prefer the Conrad as I like their EL a lot.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: ua-mm *G, hilton-gold
http://www.chaophrayatouristboat.com/index-en.html I like being on the river too. the millennium Hilton is on the river. their boats can take you down to piers to catch the tourist boats or the BTS.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:33 pm

What about the Hilton Sukhumvit?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 3:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
The Conrad is a very good property.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:43 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by SK AAR
The BKK properties, incl. your question have been discussed at length in this forum/many times.

There are many opinions on this. Whilst there certainly are pros and cons for each of the properties, you will most likely be happy at anyone of them. Personally, I prefer the Conrad as I like their EL a lot.
The Millennium Hilton is on the river, which is convenient for visiting the tourist sites of the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun. The Conrad is downtown, easier to get to, and has a nicer executive lounge.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:11 pm

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
I'll be at the Conrad this fall. First time. Can't wait.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 1:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
The Millennium Hilton is on the river, which is convenient for visiting the tourist sites of the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun. The Conrad is downtown, easier to get to, and has a nicer executive lounge.
And Hilton Sukhumvit has most central location of all
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL SM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by gav0106
I booked on sale rate an exec corner room 1st night, then a basic room for 2nd night as we were leaving at 0205 in am. Got upgrade to exec king suite for both nights. 1st stay we booked standard room and got Terrace Suite with outside area.
During my last 2 stays as Diamond, I booked corner rooms and received executive corner rooms -- the same room just with lounge privileges. I inquired about their room upgrade policy as it seems to have changed recently, and just got the standard, vague Hilton verbiage. Although not unusual, I don't think suite upgrades for diamonds are the norm unless you book at least an executive room.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR

If you'd like to send me the links to those threads, I'd be happy to just turn there, but maybe I have terrible searching skills but the only one comparing BKK Hilton properties I found was at least four years old.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.