Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2015, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA ex Plat, IC Plat , Hilton Diamond
Which has a better lounge? Either of them on par with Singapore or KL for my reference points?? (I'm Diamond)

I had been staying at the IC BKK but lose Royal status before this trip, so it will be Hilton or Conrad. Need to figure out the location as well, really like the IC.
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by woow14610
Which of these two got the better free breakfast for gold members?
Conrad. I want one of those mugs. @:-)
Old Apr 14, 2015, 10:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by cln
have stayed at both hotels multiple times,
conrad breakfast was better some years ago. The lounge is way better than at millenium.. (no terrace though).

I would consider breakfast at the restaurants of both hotels about equal...

I would always go for Conrad over Millenium ( riverview is only advantage of millenium )
We have stayed at both and they each haver their pros and cons. I like the lounge , flow, and location of the M, but hate the roomS, design, functionality, size etc The Conrad rooms are nicer, I love the elephants, cloth and plastic, find the public areas to be dark and unattractive, dont love yhe lounge and the location is OK. I don't like to stand waiting for the bus so b usually walk back to the hotel from bTs.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
Maybe you should consider Sukhumvit. Everything new. Diamonds are treated well.

Lounge is great for breakfast and soso at night. 3 or 4 minutes from Skytrain and now 2 new Malls with great selections in restaurants and movie theaters.

And the price usually better and the cash and points just the best deal by far in BKK.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Bangkok and Phuket Hilton Properties

Greetings, everyone. We have a trip to Thailand coming up in July/August. We lived in Thailand for several years many moons ago and love the country, it's culture and most of all the people. Our son loves it so much he plans to take his new wife there on their honeymoon next year. Our wedding gift to them is roundtrip airfare and 2 weeks hotels. So, part of our trip will be to scout out places for them to stay on their honeymoon. We plan to structure our trip similar to theirs so we can try and determine the best places for them to stay. We will stay in Bangkok 4 nights, Phuket 7 nights and then another 3 nights in Bangkok before heading out. I know that some might say why not Samui or Chiang Mai or a myriad of other places. Bangkok and Phuket both have special memories for him (and us) so those are the 2 places he wants to take his new wife.

We have stayed at the Conrad in Bangkok a couple of times and love the place. We have also stayed at the Doubletree shortly after it opened a few years ago. We have stayed at the Hilton in Phuket but many, many years ago.

We are thinking to try out the Hilton on the river - anyone have any thoughts about this property? Also any suggestions regarding the Hilton or the Doubletree at Phuket?

For what it's worth I'm diamond and haven't decided yet if we will simply pay for the hotels or use points. I have always had good experiences with using my points to give rooms to my kids. Anyone have any experience with this in Thailand?

Thanks for any input anyone might care to give.
Old May 27, 2015, 7:38 am

Plenty of info in the relevant threads for the properties and cities you mention, including "which hotel in Bangkok" threads...

The Conrad BKK is great and personally, having stayed there now, I would not risk staying anywhere else. The Hilton on the river is great for being on the river, but I'm just not sure how it could beat the amenities and service levels of the Conrad.

I would suggest using cash for that property if you can get a good rate. I paid $100/night US for a king corner room over last Christmas (which was then upgraded to a very large suite).

As far as the Phuket properties, I only have experience with the DT. I wrote a pretty long review in the property thread. I was there during absolute peak season (New Year's) so that certainly changed the experience. Lots and lots of families, absolutely packed. If you just want to be on a beach or will have a car or scooter and want to stay away from the main population areas then it is fine. But it is NOT a luxury property by and means and it is NOT a secluded paradise beach resort. I am not sure I would put it in the honeymoon category. However it is a good deal on points.

I hate to be a downer, but if your memories of Phuket are from "many moons ago" your son is not likely to recognize the place. I would probably join the chorus of people who would suggest going to someplace more secluded if you want to try to replicate that feel of the "undiscovered" country of years ago.
Old May 27, 2015, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at these threads for a start (there is quite a lot of relevant discussion):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...+%26quot%3Bbkk
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...nd-tha-60.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ok-tha-13.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...k-tha-115.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...iland-tha.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...pa-tha-48.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...ach-tha-4.html
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:25 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
I’m HH Diamond trying to decide why HH property to stay at in BKK for 3 nights over NYE. Stayed at the Conrad last year as a Diamond and loved it – excellent service and breakfast, nice quiet pool and exec lounge was well stocked and not very busy (this was a 1 night mid-week stay though). Booked a twin corner and don’t think I received an upgrade (room was still great though)

Im very conscious that being there over NYE things may be different. Im going with my cousin and while I’ve been to BKK many times, its his first trip and I’d like to ‘wow’ him with the hotel choice and status benefits.

Of most importance to me:
- Chance of upgrade
- Decent exec lounge with evening drinks (we’ll then head out to dinner)
- Good pool

Not so important
- Location (we’ll just get taxis)
- Quality and range of breakfast (we will be out late each night so may miss breakfast)

Interested to hear your suggestions.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:01 pm

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Some advice please!

Staying in Bangkok over New Years for 3 nights. Am HH Diamond. Have only stayed at Conrad Bangkok before and loved it (room, lounge, pool etc all great). Was planning to stay there again as prices were around THB6000 per night for a standard twin. Prices have since jumped up to over THB11,000 and I just can’t justify that (I know I should have booked earlier and I know its NYE).

Looking at Hilton Sukhumvit instead. Prices much more reasonable at about THB6000 although I know this is a simpler hotel. Is the Diamond experience comparable between the two? (from what I’ve read of FT forums it appears to be).

My question is, given other no-brand 5 star hotels in the city are as low as THB4800 per night should I go for the Hilton because of my Diamond status, hoping that the perks will be worth at least THB1200 per night, or forget about status and just go for somewhere cheap?

Of importance to us are good breakfast, chance of room upgrade and a nice pool. We would attend evening drinks (prob not every night) – food served at these drinks is unimportant.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by smit0847
Some advice please!

Staying in Bangkok over New Years for 3 nights. Am HH Diamond. Have only stayed at Conrad Bangkok before and loved it (room, lounge, pool etc all great). Was planning to stay there again as prices were around THB6000 per night for a standard twin. Prices have since jumped up to over THB11,000 and I just can’t justify that (I know I should have booked earlier and I know its NYE).

Looking at Hilton Sukhumvit instead. Prices much more reasonable at about THB6000 although I know this is a simpler hotel. Is the Diamond experience comparable between the two? (from what I’ve read of FT forums it appears to be).

My question is, given other no-brand 5 star hotels in the city are as low as THB4800 per night should I go for the Hilton because of my Diamond status, hoping that the perks will be worth at least THB1200 per night, or forget about status and just go for somewhere cheap?

Of importance to us are good breakfast, chance of room upgrade and a nice pool. We would attend evening drinks (prob not every night) – food served at these drinks is unimportant.
The Hilton is a decent hotel and you'd likely get an Exec room or, as an outside chance, Exec Plus. The lounge breakfast has been elevated in the last few months with many more choices and is rather similar to the resto these days. Tea time is very limited in terms of food. Happy hour food choices have increased but the booze selection is dire: JW Red, a rum brand I've never heard of, a vodka brand I've never heard of (and 37.5% abv), Gordons Gin and Jim Beam. Only beer is Chang (bleh). Some red and white wine.

No more cloth napkins for breakfast. Water in room is now glass bottles so you can't take one with you on the way out for the day.

You have to pull teeth to get a gym towel and what's out for use is now bathroom face cloths... and this was at both the Hilton and next door at the DT.

And I've consistently been getting evening turn down service before 5:30.

All that said, the Hilton staff is very good.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by smit0847

I like this property but would not pay 6000 bht unless needed the stay to make status or maybe for a points promotion. For a little more money I'm at Shangri-La, which is another league entirely.

This property can be a good deal on an award or cash and points. Pool is on rooftop and nice but very small.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dsquared37
Water in room is now glass bottles so you can't take one with you on the way out for the day.
Considering a 0.5l bottle of water is available in any 7/11 for less than BHT10, I don't see this as a big deal. At least Hilton gives you a nice brand of water and is not damaging the environment through persistent use of plastic bottles...
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cargueiro
Considering a 0.5l bottle of water is available in any 7/11 for less than BHT10, I don't see this as a big deal. At least Hilton gives you a nice brand of water and is not damaging the environment through persistent use of plastic bottles...
Actually you can often get 2x 500ml for 10baht if you look on the 7-11 doors. However, if I take a plastic bottle or two of water from the room OR I purchase a bottle or 2 from 7-11 there is absolutely no difference to the environment. It was Chang in plastic bottle previously and it's Chang in glass bottles now: no difference.

Sorry, your position is a fallacy.

In effect there is little cost associated to each room, to each guest. Over time this is a large savings for the hotel. Period.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
I like this property but would not pay 6000 bht unless needed the stay to make status or maybe for a points promotion. For a little more money I'm at Shangri-La, which is another league entirely.

This property can be a good deal on an award or cash and points. Pool is on rooftop and nice but very small.
Slightly OT but I noticed recently that Shangri-La Krung Thep wing rooms are not sold without Krung Thep wing benefits... so one needs to be clear what they are purchasing. Also the breakfast appears to only be the Riverside Lounge and not the main wing breakfast.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond DL Platinum UA 1K, DL Gold, Marriott Gold
You can currently get the Hilton for 4640 baht if you are sure you will make the trip

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.