Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kiwi Flyer
Print Wikipost

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Thailand {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:25 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Thank you for all your replies!

Is there any other Hiltons in the World that are so close to each other?
There's an entire thread on it here. Search for "mattress run" IIRC.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
Thank you for all your replies!

Is there any other Hiltons in the World that are so close to each other?
- Conrad and Hilton Dalian, China are in the same building (but different floors, if I remember correctly). Last year, I had my breakfast in the same restaurant while staying in one or the other.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Conrad Bangkok vs Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok

Have you been to either one or possibly both? Which would you recommend for a 5 night stay? Which is in a better location for touring? Do they upgrade you on a standard reward to executive level?
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:26 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by mzredhead
Have you been to either one or possibly both? Which would you recommend for a 5 night stay? Which is in a better location for touring? Do they upgrade you on a standard reward to executive level?
Yes (both)
Conrad
Conrad
Yes

And don't forget to look at the Millenium

Kept my reply very brief as there are already so many threads on this comparison.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
A quick search would have revealed that these questions have been answered several times in this forum.

Moderator pls close/merge!
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:19 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
On my recent stay this month, we were upgraded to a huge - 1200Sqft suite
On a standard rate booking At the Conrad
Old Jan 31, 2015, 10:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by sbams
Yes (both)
Conrad
Conrad
Yes
And many people, including me, much prefer the Hilton's location and would select it for the five night stay. In fact, I would say the Hilton's location is objectively better for a tourist unless you need to be near Wireless Road.

Both properties are generous with Gold upgrades. Club level is pretty much a given at both.
Old Jan 31, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by mzredhead
Conrad is better hotel with better onsite food, better pool and it has got spa. Hilton doesn't have spa. There's one across the street. Hilton is happy to book it. It's fine but not a luxury one like in Conrad.

Hilton's location is by far better. I'd choose Hilton for active touring by public transport. Conrad is great for a weekend, no need to leave the hotel at all. Conrad has indoor connection to nearby shopping mall which provides additional shopping and dining options.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:31 am

Conrad is good value for money (probably the cheapest Conrad in the world), but there is definitely an element of "you get what you pay for" - it clearly lags behind the likes of Tokyo and Hong Kong.

Also, I really wasn't a fan of the location. In a place like BKK where you often simply can't take a cab (ridiculous traffic, wrong way round the huge one-way road system, etc), you really need to be next to a BTS/Skytrain to get to places conveniently.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Conrad is good value for money (probably the cheapest Conrad in the world), but there is definitely an element of "you get what you pay for" - it clearly lags behind the likes of Tokyo and Hong Kong.
Not sure I'd go this far. In my experience, property common spaces and room finishes are about a wash between BKK and HKG. Lounge and restaurant food better in HKG. Pool and gym much better in BKK. Housekeeping excellent in both locations. Staff generally friendlier in BKK. I don't think the BKK property lags at all, except in the free food department (and not by THAT much).

In a place like BKK where you often simply can't take a cab (ridiculous traffic, wrong way round the huge one-way road system, etc), you really need to be next to a BTS/Skytrain to get to places conveniently.
Except that the BTS/Skytrain doesn't go anywhere near the tourist sites either! Unless you want to ride it down to the fancy hotel area (Shangri-La/MO/Pen) and then ride the river boat all the way back up.

As a tourist, I found BKK a strange city to navigate - all the most popular sites were pretty inaccessible any way you slice it, unless you give in and play taxi roulette (and then who knows what you'll get).

Last edited by arlflyer; Feb 1, 2015 at 2:11 pm
Old Feb 1, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Also, I really wasn't a fan of the location. In a place like BKK where you often simply can't take a cab (ridiculous traffic, wrong way round the huge one-way road system, etc), you really need to be next to a BTS/Skytrain to get to places conveniently.
If the OP is unfamiliar with the location of the Conrad Bangkok, let me say it is a short walk from the Phloen Chit BTS station. I don't find this a problem, unless it is raining or you are carrying luggage. Of course, others might want to be directly at a station.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:31 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
If the OP is unfamiliar with the location of the Conrad Bangkok, let me say it is a short walk from the Phloen Chit BTS station. I don't find this a problem, unless it is raining or you are carrying luggage. Of course, others might want to be directly at a station.
Yeah, the Conrad might be a few hundred feet farther away from the BTS than the Hilton... but having stayed at both, I can't say it's really much longer of a walk. And cabs seem to be able to get out onto the streets a bit more quickly from the Conrad.

Even the Millennium is relatively accessible via BTS; the shuttle boat is pretty convenient. I prefer the Hilton or Conrad due to being closer to the heart of the BTS network, though. Millennium is great for some of the tourist sites near the river, FWIW.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
I'll need a week's stay in Bangkok whilst speaking at the World Sanskrit Conference in late June this year. Could anyone comment on the relative upgrade success of golds at the Millenium vs the Conrad? Currently there are some good PR13CB rates available at both, although the Conrad is a little more expensive. I'd book either if EL access were very likely.
Old Feb 2, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by templar42
I'll need a week's stay in Bangkok whilst speaking at the World Sanskrit Conference in late June this year. Could anyone comment on the relative upgrade success of golds at the Millenium vs the Conrad? Currently there are some good PR13CB rates available at both, although the Conrad is a little more expensive. I'd book either if EL access were very likely.
The Millennium normally upgrades Gold's to an EL room. However, if the hotel is quite busy they will not and you will only get breakfast in the Flow restaurant. Is the conference bringing in a lot of people to Bangkok?
Old Feb 2, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Originally Posted by templar42
Never stayed at the Millennium but after more than 15 stays at the Conrad have 100% upgrade success with EL access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.