Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Which Hilton properties for Savannah and Charleston?

Which Hilton properties for Savannah and Charleston?

Old Apr 3, 21, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
I'm headed to Savannah for a quick two-day, want to make sure I'm centrally located so will splurge a bit (60,000 points! $35 parking! Eeek. That's Hawaii-level!) to stay in the Historic District.

Like shimps1, I was intrigued by the Tapestry Cotton Sail, but it's pretty panned on T/A reviews. Hilton Garden Inn looks like it's got full breakfasts going right now, which is a plus while many properties are making Covid excuses to cheap out and not offer benefits. I'm leaning towards the HGI - same location, looks in good shape compared to the Cotton Sail. I'll stay tuned to this thread for any feedback on HGI vs. Homewood (top Honors property for the area, so says T/A...)

(On that note, the Tapestry brand hotels are flummoxing to me. I stayed a couple weeks ago in a Florida one, and couldn't figure out what the brand standard was. I get they AREN'T "standard", but the Florida one I stayed in was pretty much a Hampton, but not as nice, crappy breakfast, at a higher price than a Hampton. It wasn't anything special, and amenities, soaps, bedclothes, etc were indistinguishable from a Hampton. But I've heard the Seattle one is really nice and higher standards.)

FYI to you and anyone else that was curious for this area, I ended up booking a Homewood Suites in the Downtown Charleston for three nights. We don't travel until August, so hoping we will get less/no COVID restrictions by then. Location appeared to be great.

As to Savannah, I ended up burning ThankYou Points on the Hyatt Andaz Savannah. While the Hyatt forums show that it's not as nice as a typical Andaz should be, it does have a pool, and seemed to be a step above The Cotton Sail. Overall favorable reviews, which as I mentioned, were lacking for The Cotton Sail. I also was able to book their highest level suite, at a more reasonable price than the Marriott or Hilton offerings.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 4, 21, 11:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
I'm headed to Savannah for a quick two-day, want to make sure I'm centrally located so will splurge a bit (60,000 points! $35 parking! Eeek. That's Hawaii-level!) to stay in the Historic District.
Stayed at DoubleTree Savannah Historic District (across the street from HGI and under same management) in November 2016 and enjoyed it. Smaller and more stylish than is typical of DoubleTree, with nice breakfast, cocktail reception in lobby, etc. No idea if the soft amenities are in place today. Some reviews complained of street noise, and to that end rooms included both ear plugs and white noise machines. We booked a room on upper floor with view of river and didn't have a problem.
Old Apr 4, 21, 12:37 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
That HGI Waterfront in Charleston is garbage for the rates they charge.

Stayed in November, would not be back, they generally don't give a rats about elites if that matters to you.
Old Apr 5, 21, 10:02 am

Stay at HGI in Savannah last year during Thanksgiving. Originally booked the doubletree and then switched to HGI after finding out that they don't offer breakfast. The host breakfast at HGI was very good. They serve you and everything was the same as before covid. Was upgraded to a one bedroom suite.
For Charleston, I booked the tru at Mt Pleasant. It's a 15 min drive to downtown Charleston, but hard to beat 14k points per night. And they also offer the same breakfast as before covid with staff serving you.
Old Apr 5, 21, 6:48 pm

(But I've heard the Seattle one is really nice and higher standards.)
The Sound. Yeah, it's really nice. I've stayed at quite a few Tapestry properties and they really all over the place. Curios as well. I have no way figured out what separates those two.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: