Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Amsterdam {NLD}

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 8:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Location: San Diego, CA , 4.2MM+ AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
Amsterdam Hilton 3 in a room

I have a GLON2 reservation at the Amsterdam Hilton. The reservation rep. said they could book a twin bed room, and they would accept three staying there, but they had no rollaways.

I read that there are "family" rooms, but the reservation rep said that the GLON2 would not allow for anything other than a "standard" room, and there were no reward stay rooms other than a standard room, or two rooms at twice the points.

Before I fax the hotel, does anyone have an e-mail or a manager's name or other contact?

Anyone have a similar experience and what did you do?
Old May 15, 2005, 9:57 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
They have rollaways!

Stayed there last summer with wife and teenage son. Got a large romm with king(?) size bed plus rollaway. No problem. The key is to contact the property directly and make arragements with them. HH in the US only quotes what they see on their system and that is not the whole story.

Call or email them directly.

BTW, great hotel! ^
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:21 am

Hilton Amsterdam

Hi..I Just wondered if anyone had stayed at the Hilton Amsterdam and knew of the best way to get there from the airport without driving or taking a taxi. Is there a cheaper shuttle bus from the airport or is it best to take the train to the station in the city centre? Also, whats the Exec Lounge like? Decent food and/or any free drinks? Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UNITED 2K HILTON DIAMOND
train to city center and then tram number 5. 2 blocks walk. cant help with exec lounge it was closed when I was there. did get full breakfast in rest and it was exellent
Old Jul 12, 2005, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by rwill11
train to city center and then tram number 5. 2 blocks walk. cant help with exec lounge it was closed when I was there. did get full breakfast in rest and it was exellent
Alternatively, stay at the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport Hilton, an easy walk from/to the co-located airport and train station. Often times it's 30% cheaper than the Amsterdam Hilton and only a 15 minute express train ride to the central (downtown) train station. Spent spent a week there on business in early June. Nice Executive Lounge, coupons for full breakfast in a downstairs restaurant.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 12:32 pm

You can also take the Connexxion Airport Hotel Shuttle . Used it last time I was there. Very efficient.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:04 pm
cjd

Agree with above. The airport hotel shuttle bus stops right beside the hotel and is very convenient. There used to be two different routes, so make sure you catch the correct shuttle bus. From memory, a couple of years ago, the Executive Lounge is on the top floor and is quite small. There were free drinks (alcoholic!)
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:06 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by abrown666
Hi..I Just wondered if anyone had stayed at the Hilton Amsterdam and knew of the best way to get there from the airport without driving or taking a taxi. Is there a cheaper shuttle bus from the airport or is it best to take the train to the station in the city centre? Also, whats the Exec Lounge like? Decent food and/or any free drinks? Thanks
Taxis are very expensive in AMS, so the train then the tram is best.

Exec lounge is very nice with 360 degree views of city. Good breakfast and very nice staff, but it can get crowded. Nice snacks and free drinks in PM.

My only ding on this property is no king beds, only queens; and the decor is very minimalist. Be sure to ask to see the John and Yoko suite.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Agree with above. The airport hotel shuttle bus stops right beside the hotel and is very convenient. There used to be two different routes, so make sure you catch the correct shuttle bus. From memory, a couple of years ago, the Executive Lounge is on the top floor and is quite small. There were free drinks (alcoholic!)
I heard the problem with the shuttle bus is that it's the first stop out and the last stop in, so lots of intermediate, time-consuming stops in between at various hotels. This the case or not?
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by Chapel Hill Guy
I heard the problem with the shuttle bus is that it's the first stop out and the last stop in, so lots of intermediate, time-consuming stops in between at various hotels. This the case or not?
I was the first one off the bus.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 1:32 pm
cjd

Don't remember the bus being exceptionally busy each time I've used it from or to Schipol. Once you get to the city area, it starts dropping off at the various hotels - maybe one or two before the Hilton, but this area of Amsterdam is on the outskirts of the city anyway, so it's one of the first stops.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Don't remember the bus being exceptionally busy each time I've used it from or to Schipol. Once you get to the city area, it starts dropping off at the various hotels - maybe one or two before the Hilton, but this area of Amsterdam is on the outskirts of the city anyway, so it's one of the first stops.
Hmmm...Ok, what about the outbound. We're arriving via the train from BRU, but returning out of AMS to IAD. Last time I was there I took the tram to central station and then the train to AMS. How long does the shuttle take from Hilton Amsterdam to AMS? Thanks.
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:43 pm
cjd

How long does the shuttle take from Hilton Amsterdam to AMS? Thanks.
About 20 minutes.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Train to RAI and taxi to Hilton?

The Connexxion bus usually runs about every 30 min except for the sparse times in the afternoon when it is every 60 min. The times are posted in the outdoor shelter. On my last 3 trips from AMS the Hilton was the first stop twice and the second stop once. Itsa approx 15-25 min trip. Have the hotel bellman call to schedule the return at least 2 hr before you wish to return to the airport.

Has anyone taken the train from AMS to the RAI and then taken a taxi fromthere to the Hilton? I appears it may be faster and cheaper.

MisterNice
Old Aug 9, 2005, 10:58 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, Spg Gold, HH Gold, AZ Freccia Alata, Hertz Club Gold
1 night stay in Amsterdam

Hi all
I'm planning a "Blitz" holiday of 1 night in Amsterdam.
Any recent stay in Hilton ?
Is it in a good place ? ( near the center of the city )

Thanks ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.