Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Austin {US-TX}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, AA Lifetime Plat
Just checked out and thought I'd update for those that are interested. Prices have gone up. Room service charge is up $1.00, most room service items went up $1.00 and valet parking is up $5.00 to $25 a night. New TVs have arrived but are not installed yet.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 8:32 pm

Just checked in for another wonderful stay here. Got the killer PS upgrade. Best part of that for me is the unlimited bottled water (I drink a lot!). Love this place and the people are the best.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 2:58 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Anyone with recent stays here?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Stayed last year for SXSW. As a gold, got no upgrade to exec fllor but was offered one via NOR1 and rolled the dice and declined. Was not surprised at check in that there was no upgrade as the place was full. Had a room with a view of the freeway - not exactly picturesque, but a nice room - clean and up to date. Two bottles of water were in the room and a small box of chocolates iirc. Free wifi in lobby was useful and consistent. Buffet was about $10 to upgrade to full hot breakfast. Looked at the offerings and declined. There was enough with the cold offerings. Nice enough hotel if a bit impersonal. Gold gets you access to the health club near the pool but we went out for drinks and music instead.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:43 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Thanks OB One -- did you have a chance to swing by the exec lounge?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by J.Edward
Thanks OB One -- did you have a chance to swing by the exec lounge?
you are welcome. no, wasn't a diamond at the time and was not granted access as a gold. We spent most of our time on 6th street where the competition kept the drink prices reasonable and the music good. The breakfast was served downstairs in the Liberty Tavern which felt like an upscale coffee shop. It was not something to rush back to - not bad, but we were not hungry when we left, that is about it.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: Hilton, USAirways
Exec Lounge

The exec lounge is not anything to be too excited about. I am currently staying at the hotel and they do not provide any free alcohol at all during the evening which I found surprising or even any kind of discout ($4.25 for a domestic beer). There spread for breakfast isn't really that good either. They just have the typical continental breakfast food with no hot items. Although, the front desk did offer me a coupon for a free breakfast in the restaurant in the same building when I told them I wasn't impressed with what they had to offer.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
EL is now disappointing

I have always loved staying here during the past several years, but my last stay was disappointing due to the Executive Lounge.
The health club is still superior to most hotel fitness centers, and the views are quite nice.
But the EL has definitely gone downhill. The evening snacks use to have a lot of different items, including 2 or 3 hot items. Now it is only a platter of cold vegetables such as cherry tomatoes and broccoli, and a platter of different types of very good cheeses (which is the nicest thing they have). But they use to have double the number of items. It is very limited.
Breakfast is also scaled back. They use to have a big platter of cut-up fruit - but no more. There`s just a platter of unpeeled oranges and apples. There`s also some cold cereal and hard boiled eggs. Once again, the selection is greatly diminished. In fact it is so limited, not getting upgraded but instead having a free breakfast in the restaurant may be better.
They have always had a honors bar in the evening. But it is scaled back now too. There are just a couple of types of unimpressive wine and a few types of beer. All the hard liquor items are gone.
In the forseeable future, I will avoid the hotel since it`s not worth the money. There are a Hampton and an Embassy Suites also in the downtown area, and you can use get a better deal and much better breakfast at both of the 2 latter hotels.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:05 am

Programs: VA Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, PC Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Hilton Austin, TX

Hi,

I've done some searches and can't find any recent information on the Executive Lounge at the Hilton Austin.

Could someone tell me the opening times and amenities available please (i.e. Good breakfast, free alcohol etc. ?)

Thanks,
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:41 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Originally Posted by handy72
Hi,

I've done some searches and can't find any recent information on the Executive Lounge at the Hilton Austin.

Could someone tell me the opening times and amenities available please (i.e. Good breakfast, free alcohol etc. ?)

Thanks,
Offhand I don't remember the opening times but the lounge breakfast wasn't very impressive. Mostly cold food and pastries, I've never been around in the evening for drinks.

I have skipped the executive level upgrade though because the free breakfast certs for the downstairs breakfast is well worth it. I doubt a Diamond can do this though because of the guaranteed lounge access but us Golds can
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:14 pm

If you are talking about the Downtown Hilton, the lounge is no big deal. Breakfast is the typical cold Continental with fruit, yogurt, bagels, etc. Evening happy hour is also no big deal with no free alcohol and very limited snacks. That said, I love this hotel more than any other in Austin. The lounge is not the destination for me. Great workout room, killer rooftop pool and hot tub (8th floor) and great location. The staff is outstanding.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:54 pm

has anyone stayed here recently? i'm headed to austin in january and looking between this and the sheraton at the capitol as my two main loyalty programs are HH and *wood. last trip down i stayed at the sheraton but that was because at that point it was my only loyalty program. oh how things have changed since i started regularly visiting this forum. : )
Old Jul 8, 2012, 7:52 pm

Hilton vs Sheraton

As someone who spent several months in both the Sheraton and the Hilton, I would strongy recommend the Hilton. If you must have your SPG points, the Sheraton could be tolerated, but the great gym, better location (on 5th street), and the lack of the constant stench of mildew make the Hilton my choice.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 9:41 am

I stay here 1X - 3X per month and the Austin Hilton is consistently awesome.
Old Jul 9, 2012, 8:18 pm

thank you both for the feedback! the hilton it will be. since i just got the hilton amex surpass, i can rack up a bunch more points using that than i would using my spg amex at the sheraton anyway. now with confidence i can book the hilton!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.