Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Naples {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Naples {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2003, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum, Hertz PC
Arrow DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Naples {US-FL}

Did a search, but didn't answer my questions.

I'm thinking about visiting in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if the DT was really in a scenic area. Website says it overlooks the Cocohatchee River and Wildlife Preserve.

I know its away from the beach, and that's okay. I just want somewhere quiet and scenic. I thought this might be a good fit.

Any opinions?

thanks
Old Dec 17, 2003, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
It is on Hwy 41, ( refered to asThe Tamiami Trail)...take your pick. It is NOT quiet, it's right off the highway. The full service Hilton not far away is set back more off the same highway.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 6:05 am

I pass the Naples Doubletree and Hilton every day.
Both are nice hotels. The Doubletree is at a somewhat scenic setting.
If you want a very quiet hotel at a scenic location, you might look at the new Hyatt in Bonita Springs/Estero (Coconut Rd.).
You need a car.
Old Dec 18, 2003, 11:57 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
We were there last week. It is a Doubletree Suites property. Our room was split in two with a king bed. Barely enough room to get past the end of the bed to the bath.

Yes we could see the river across a parking lot. Nice lines defining where to park. Not scenic. Busy highway, six lanes wide. You get to cross the "river" each time you want to go south because you have to go north and u-turn.

Cookie was good, breakfast good, and staff are pretty well-trained. They have a bell to alert the staff that you have arrived. This is not the Singapore Conrad or Hilton!! There are two TVs. This is comparable to Hampton, Baymont, Holiday Inn Express. A lower mid-range property. Available prepaid for $71 on Expedia.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 4:46 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Question

Well, it looks like I am staying there in a couple of weeks. Do they do anything for GOLD members?

Thanks
Old Jun 23, 2004, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by jfe
Well, it looks like I am staying there in a couple of weeks. Do they do anything for GOLD members?

Thanks
I can't answer this - I live in Naples. I would call them.

You may consider also the Hilton in Naples... it's a bit better centrally located and very nice, pretty new. And has a "Shula's Steak House"
The DT is nice too, however, a little remote. Direct on US-41 in North Naples, on Cocohatchee River.
Old Jun 23, 2004, 10:57 am
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by USAFAN
I can't answer this - I live in Naples. I would call them.

You may consider also the Hilton in Naples... it's a bit better centrally located and very nice, pretty new. And has a "Shula's Steak House"
The DT is nice too, however, a little remote. Direct on US-41 in North Naples, on Cocohatchee River.
I wish I could change locations, but the company that I am going to give the training for already made reservations for me. It's their preferred hotel.

How is Naples BTW? Any good restaurants to go there while I am there?
Old Jun 23, 2004, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by jfe
...How is Naples BTW? Any good restaurants to go there while I am there?
Yes, many good restaurants. :-: And many specials ... off-season.

Campiello - 3rd Street S.
Bice - 5th Avenue S
Cafe Lurcat - 5th Avenue S
Other restaurants at 5th Av. S. are also O.K.
Roy's - Bonita Springs

Near DT are "Pewter Mug" and "Water ..something", people like this places, I not.

http://www.fifthavenuesouth.com/
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/14/tr...6080a8&ei=5070
Old Jun 27, 2004, 3:24 pm

Naples FL Nonna Maria Italian Restaurant-$25 Gift Cert

You could try to get a $25 Gift Certificate at Ebay
Nonna Maria is a typical Italian (Family) Restaurant. Not too far from BT.
The food is quite good.

About the Restaurant:
117444-$25 Welcome to Nonna Maria Italian Restaurant! Offering age-old tradition and timeless recipes that have been passed down through generations, the restaurant successfully combines cuisine and atmosphere to create a dining experience that won't soon be forgotten....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I like Campiello, Olde Naples, 3rd Street South, much better. Campiello could be in Rome or NYC ... The have a sunset special for $19; salat + main course + 1 glass of wine. Some of their dishes are first class.

Campiello Naples is located in the historic Mercantile building in old Naples. In addition to a gorgeous courtyard with fountain and an outdoor bar, the restaurant features its own boutique, Empori Campiello--a unique shop stocked with clothing and accessories imported from Italy...

CUISINE
Campiello cuisine is rooted in Italian tradition. But it isn't stuck there. Our chefs make frequent pilgrimages to culinary meccas like Tuscany and Emilia-Romagna to find classic recipes to adapt. Back at home, they obsess over ingredients and experiment to perfect proportions. Soon, the sounds and smells of roasting meats, hand-tossed pizzas and sizzling sauces flow from the open kitchen. At Campiello's heart is its hearth--flaming passions and inviting everyone that enters to eat well, laugh often, and live long.
....There's something about the atmosphere at Campiello that makes a cocktail almost essential. Maybe it's the amazing martini menu (more than 32 different martinis, served in the classic birdbath glass), which has spawned the Campiello Martini Club.....
Old Jun 28, 2004, 2:14 pm

Programs: Marriott:Plat Hilton:Diamond Starwood:Gold DL:Gold WN: Comp Pass
Red face I'm in 338 right now

Mini update on the DT Naples....although my first choice in the RSW area is the HGI in Ft. Myers, all my calls are in naples, so I tried this DT. Traffic on 41 is minimal now that most of the snowbirds are gone.

I checked in this afternoon, excellent front desk, smile and cookie, great rate this time of year. As a Diamond, got the breakfast continental coupon, upgradable for full for a few $$ more. Room is a two room suite, two t.v.s, one in l.r. and 1 in b.r. There is a refrige and sink/wet bar in l.r. area, no microwave like HGI and coffee maker is there too!

Property has bus. ctr. plus hard wire h.s in the room...but bring a long rj45 cable; the ones provided do not reach the table in the livingrooms. Wireless in lobby area is avalable, all n/c.

Full service lounge, room service, plus restaurant dining but tons of good to very good restaurants available with in 5-15 minutes of hotel.

At 1600 hrs got a knock on the door: "turn down"...offering chocolates, water and turndown. TV channels at this property are lame, does not have "the duce" or CNN headline news. HBO is available, with local affiliates, NICK, TWC and that's it.

Nice pool area, this time of year is quiet here.
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:10 pm

Iguana Mia has great Margaritas. I love Naples! We visit every August.
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by snowdogs
Iguana Mia has great Margaritas. I love Naples! We visit every August.
Iguana Mia is in Bonita Springs, corner of US-41 and Bonita Beach Rd.

http://www.iguanamia.com/
Old Jul 14, 2004, 6:43 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jnbinpvb
Mini update on the DT Naples....although my first choice in the RSW area is the HGI in Ft. Myers, all my calls are in naples, so I tried this DT. Traffic on 41 is minimal now that most of the snowbirds are gone.

I checked in this afternoon, excellent front desk, smile and cookie, great rate this time of year. As a Diamond, got the breakfast continental coupon, upgradable for full for a few $$ more. Room is a two room suite, two t.v.s, one in l.r. and 1 in b.r. There is a refrige and sink/wet bar in l.r. area, no microwave like HGI and coffee maker is there too!

Property has bus. ctr. plus hard wire h.s in the room...but bring a long rj45 cable; the ones provided do not reach the table in the livingrooms. Wireless in lobby area is avalable, all n/c.

Full service lounge, room service, plus restaurant dining but tons of good to very good restaurants available with in 5-15 minutes of hotel.

At 1600 hrs got a knock on the door: "turn down"...offering chocolates, water and turndown. TV channels at this property are lame, does not have "the duce" or CNN headline news. HBO is available, with local affiliates, NICK, TWC and that's it.

Nice pool area, this time of year is quiet here.

All the same perks are true for Gold. The suite is quite nice.

You do get a breakfast coupon, but you have to pay the difference if you want the full buffett, $1.50

Really nice, and very quiet.

One thing that sucks though is the exercise equipment. Has a lousy Nautilus weight machine, and the eliptical machine feels that you are trying to power an electrical plant.

The bike does work OK.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:30 am

Doubletree Suites Naples, Florida

Just came back from a stay at this property. Very nice. Check-in was a breeze; greeted by last name. The staff were very polite and helpful. The room was clean and large; two TVs, a pull-out sofa that turns into a bed. Just very nice.

If you guys were in the Ft. Myers/Naples area, I would highly recommend this property. One downside is that the hotel is located between Naples and Ft. Myers; about a thirty-minute drive to downtown Naples; about a forty-minute drive to Sanibel Island.

alextktan
Old Oct 6, 2007, 10:46 am

Programs: FD silver, PC plat. royal ambassador, SPG gold, HH gold, MR silver
Great timing^ I'm planning a Florida trip next month and was just about to do a search for this hotel.
Any additional info would be greatly appreiciated (restaurants ect)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.