Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2016, 11:32 am

I was upgraded to a Tower Suite at the Hilton a few months ago (one level below the presidential suite) on a points stay as a diamond...not that I'd count on that again.

Obviously we were quite happy with that!
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Not sure about being upgraded as a Diamond at the HGI to a Suite...

Last stay no upgrade, got exactly the minimum t and c's state. Even got a no to additional complimentary water in the room.

I think in the summer it is very busy most nights.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Accor Gold, Flying Blue, Exec Club.
Saying that, we also had a few days at the Molino Stuckey. Booked a Grand deluxe suite, no upgrade (Tower suite next cat up), even though one was available they would only do it for a fee.
Saying that, the rate was good and I love this hotel. Make sure you explore Giudecca (the island it is on) too- if nothing else walk along to the small takeaway pizza place.
Venice is magic. I hope to return again soon!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Originally Posted by lkar
Looks like they're up to their old tricks. A little more selectively, it appears, though. Starting in the summer, there doesn't appear to be a single regular room available for standard points booking. It seems very unlikely that they really are sold out of regular rooms, given that availability seems to have disappeared pretty much overnight. It also looks as though rates have jumped pretty significantly for the summer, so I guess these two things are related. Venice rooms in general are really high this summer -- I know that they are always pretty high, but it looks unusually so. Most nights at the Hilton are in the 500 euro range.
Yeah, there seem to be no regular rooms available at all unless you book 5 nights, then one or two appear.

Something I just found though, it appears that regular rooms are available through other sellers. Amoma.com shows availability for standard rooms at 229€ per night including breakfast and only 10% deposit, GetARoom.com shows availability, but Hilton.com shows none. The cheapest room with Hilton is the Deluxe Room for 265€ per night, no breakfast, full prepayment.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:04 pm

What is offered in the executive lounge during the day? Are snacks only provided during a specific time period?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:15 pm

Stayed here two nights in late June. Yes, executive lounge was available (I'm Diamond) or breakfast with the buffet in the restaurant. As far as the lounge, they had hot dishes and plenty of snacks in the lounge for breakfast and happy hour. You could make a meal out of it if you needed/wanted to. Desserts later in the evening. I think they are renovating the lounge so right now it is set up in the lobby.

We had a great stay. The staff was super, the room was spacious and in good shape. The shuttle boat over to the island worked out pretty good - very little waiting.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 3:13 am

Programs: UA
We are trying to decide between this property and the JW Marriott (I am Gold in either program) and have some questions about the Molino Stucky.

1. I saw HH Rep answering Gold benefit is breakfast at the lounge. Is this still true and does this mean we get lounge access?

2. We plan to relax until a bit later in the day at the pool. We have a 10 year old that likes to swim. How is the pool? Crowded? Ok to swim?

thanks for the replies
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
It was a few years ago when I stayed there, but I assume things haven't changed. The "lounge" is a little area off the lobby, separated from everything else by a little gate that you use your room key to enter. They have snacks and drinks all day long, including a fairly standard European continental breakfast spread.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 12:02 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by German Expat
We are trying to decide between this property and the JW Marriott (I am Gold in either program) and have some questions about the Molino Stucky.

1. I saw HH Rep answering Gold benefit is breakfast at the lounge. Is this still true and does this mean we get lounge access?

2. We plan to relax until a bit later in the day at the pool. We have a 10 year old that likes to swim. How is the pool? Crowded? Ok to swim?

thanks for the replies
As a gold we got lounge access this Easter incl breakfast and evening drinks and
canapes
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:25 pm

Originally Posted by German Expat

thanks for the replies
Diamond so not sure if Gold got lounge access when we were there. The pool was moderately crowded. We stopped by to check in our our daughter and her friend (16 years old). They had fun up there in the afternoon, but it was pretty crowded. Probably a few lounge chairs were open when we were there. Overall we had a great stay here and would return.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Pool area is tiny so yes, it does het very crowded.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 4:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Was just able to book two nights here in April on points (50K/night). It sounds like this is a keeper?
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Was just able to book two nights here in April on points (50K/night). It sounds like this is a keeper?
Seems like a nice hotel and looking at cash rates for a random day in April seems like you got ~0.6 cpp.

I'm staying 3 nights there in November when I'm going to Italy for my Thanksgiving trip, but I did a cash rate since it was cheap (130 EUR) instead of points. So I'll report back.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 6:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Seems like a nice hotel and looking at cash rates for a random day in April seems like you got ~0.6 cpp.
Yup, just over .6 cpp. Reading this thread, it sounds like award nights can be tough to come by.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yup, just over .6 cpp. Reading this thread, it sounds like award nights can be tough to come by.
I can imagine they are during peak season, which I guess is probably April to August. I try to stay away from Europe in summer though, hence my trip in November. Spending a week in Italy, 1.5 days in Milan, 4 days in Venice, and a bit of train time. I'm looking forward to this hotel and hoping for a nice upgrade, especially staying here as a Diamond in low season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.