Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Old Apr 29, 22, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by adobbing View Post
Yes thatís what we got, canít remember whether we got them at the airport on when we arrived in Venice.

We got the boat from the airport to the Hotel, but it took forever as it went around the outside of the lagoon stopping everywhere.
I think we would have been better getting a private transfer.

On the way back, we got a bus, although that journey wasnít very exciting or interesting once you got onto the mainland.
I'm arriving and departing by train so I'll buy at Ferrovia stop (at St Lucia station).
Thanks.
Old May 1, 22, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
I'm arriving and departing by train so I'll buy at Ferrovia stop (at St Lucia station).
Thanks.
Just note, if coming from train station, it is about 300meters or so from the water public transport stop to the hotel. Walk is okay as long as luggage is draggable. There are a few steps up and down to get on a bridge.

Don't forget to validate the ticket. They love fining toursists.

Years ago million miles secrets did a blog post with pictures of this walk and what to expect in case it's of interest.

For airport to/from the hotel takes forever. We paid for the water limo or taxi for this part. For us it was hotel to airport. It was a real nice experience.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old May 2, 22, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IHG PLT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by miles_navigator View Post
Just note, if coming from train station, it is about 300meters or so from the water public transport stop to the hotel. Walk is okay as long as luggage is draggable. There are a few steps up and down to get on a bridge.

Don't forget to validate the ticket. They love fining toursists.

Years ago million miles secrets did a blog post with pictures of this walk and what to expect in case it's of interest.

For airport to/from the hotel takes forever. We paid for the water limo or taxi for this part. For us it was hotel to airport. It was a real nice experience.
Good review. Others may also be interested. Bridge doesn't look too bad.
Thanks

https://millionmilesecrets.com/revie...-hotel-venice/
Old May 4, 22, 7:11 am

If the Tower Suite is unavailable, do you think it would be better to stay in Exec Suite with View than Molino Suite, or maybe Molino Junior over Exec Suite with View.

It seems the Exec and Family suites are not renovated as they're not in the Guidecca wing.
Old May 4, 22, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
If the Tower Suite is unavailable, do you think it would be better to stay in Exec Suite with View than Molino Suite, or maybe Molino Junior over Exec Suite with View.

It seems the Exec and Family suites are not renovated as they're not in the Guidecca wing.
We had a great stay at the end of March. We were upgraded to a King Executive Suite with a View of Venice and while the space was nice, it was definitely dated. It also included a little kitchenette with a fridge, sink, and stovetop but no dishes/utensils. We didn't test to see if the stovetop worked but the fridge was a nice addition to the mini fridge in the bedroom. All that said, the view toward Venice made us forget the furniture and lack of usb outlets. Watching all the boat traffic on the Giudecca canal was a great way to start the day.

We took a water taxi from the airport rather than the public shuttle and it was a huge timesaver. I would do that again despite the extra cost (there were three of us).

We missed the Hilton shuttle the morning of our first day so we bought the 3 day Vapretto pass which provided much more flexibility and range. They can be purchased at the self-serve machine at the Palanca stop near the hotel.

We were there four nights and only went to to the Executive Lounge once. It was pretty mediocre but did have beer, wine, snacks, and packaged sandwiches.

The breakfast buffet was great and the service in the restaurant and at the hotel in general was very good. There were upcharges for a few items (blueberry pancakes, avocado toast, omelet)

We did explore Giudecca a little. There isn't a lot going on, but there are several non-touristy restaurants along the promenade towards the Palanca stop and beyond. We had pizza at one our first night and it was OK but not our best meal in Venice.
Old May 17, 22, 12:22 pm

Lounge offerings seem to be somewhat improved. Two kinds of soup, tonight 3 different types sandwiches, last night only tuna. All use white bread with crust cut off. Large Parmesan wheel, ricotta, focaccia square cut in cubes. Container of fresh fruit—last night started cut fresh red grapefruit slices, then switched to large strawberries which continued into tonight. Most things not prepackaged except potato chips, breadsticks, crackers, a gluten free cookie. Not as bad as I expected but they could do a lot better.

great breakfast including Prosecco for those in the mood at 9am.

red and white wine in lounge are not drinkable. There is also Prosecco which looked very bubbly. And they offer a premixed spritz which was ok with a lot of ice and adding more Prosecco. Most people seemed to drink the one type of beer. Sorry didn’t notice brand.

guest rooms (at least up to executive level room) offer tea kettle with twinnings tea. No espresso maker in room. Lack of plugs near bed. Bring your own slippers if important to you. These are paper thin.standard Crabtree toiletries found in every Hampton inn. Tv has Bloomberg but no cnbc.

IMO not a 5 star property and not worth the hassle and waste of time getting to main island. Highly overpriced. The only thing that saved it for me was upgrade to executive room with fabulous view from the front of the building. Feels like I’m sitting on the canal. I can’t imagine wasting my money and time if I didn’t have that view. Or if I had paid for it. Venice has many options.
Old May 17, 22, 2:04 pm

Itís Moretti beer. Even the Tower Suites donít have a coffee machine.
Old May 17, 22, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Can the Tower Suite accommodate 3 adults? Just got notified of an upgrade but had specifically booked an executive family suite because there is three of us. I emailed the concierge but havenít heard back yet.
Old May 17, 22, 5:43 pm

There's space for it, but I don't think so. I'm not sure the sofa is a sofa bed in the Tower Suite if that's what you were counting on. The website says Tower Suite sleeps 2 guests. The Family Suite does have a sofa bed and can accommodate 4.

If you booked a Family Suite the upgrade would be Exec Suite. They're proper two room suites, one with a bathroom and the other side with a WC. They have their own entrance door to each side, meaning a guest in one room could enter without needing to pass through the other room. They're not refurbished.
Old May 18, 22, 4:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
There's space for it, but I don't think so. I'm not sure the sofa is a sofa bed in the Tower Suite if that's what you were counting on. The website says Tower Suite sleeps 2 guests. The Family Suite does have a sofa bed and can accommodate 4.

If you booked a Family Suite the upgrade would be Exec Suite. They're proper two room suites, one with a bathroom and the other side with a WC. They have their own entrance door to each side, meaning a guest in one room could enter without needing to pass through the other room. They're not refurbished.
never heard back from the hotel so will have to address it upon arrival (later today). Thanks for the info on the room types. Would not prefer a non renovated room for sure.
Old May 18, 22, 12:37 pm

Nice rooms and location.
Free river taxi
Excellent Diamond lounge food and drinks.
(However overzealous staff. When I left the lounge holding a glass of wine. He actually ran into the elevator and grabbed it from my hand. Free fruit basket and bottle of champagne because of this.)

Small rooftop pool for posers and/or screaming children. Great view of Venice. Do not expect to swim when busy. Refreshing though.

My favorite pizza is in Venice.
Casin Dei Nobili
Old Jun 12, 22, 4:01 pm

City: Venice
Hotel Name: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
All Inclusive: No
Cost in Points: 140,000 Hilton Points
Resort Fee: Maybe $30??
Ideal for: Honeymoon
Transportation: Vaporetto 2 and 4.1/4.2 stop nearby; the hotel has a private boat that goes to St. Mark's square but *NOT* the airport/train station
Pros: On separate island from crowded Venice proper; large hotel, rooftop pool open during the summer. Also has a rooftop bar.
Cons: Only half the building is fully renovated; you need to take the water bus to get to the all the sights. The on-site restaurant and bar is pricey, even for Venice.
Old Jun 12, 22, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by GreenLonghorn View Post
City: Venice
Hotel Name: Hilton Molino Stucky Venice
All Inclusive: No
Cost in Points: 140,000 Hilton Points
Resort Fee: Maybe $30??
Ideal for: Honeymoon
Transportation: Vaporetto 2 and 4.1/4.2 stop nearby; the hotel has a private boat that goes to St. Mark's square but *NOT* the airport/train station
Pros: On separate island from crowded Venice proper; large hotel, rooftop pool open during the summer. Also has a rooftop bar.
Cons: Only half the building is fully renovated; you need to take the water bus to get to the all the sights. The on-site restaurant and bar is pricey, even for Venice.
I was there last month. Needed 70,000 points per night for a stay in basic room. There was no resort fee but there was a charge if one used their water boat. I think it was 10e per whole stay. I preferred to buy the multi-day vaporetto pass as it went to many more locations even though there was a 10 minute walk to the vaporetto stop. Glad I tried the Stucky but I would not return. I prefer being on the mainland where I can walk to more locations.
Old Jun 18, 22, 5:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fmkgb View Post
I was there last month. Needed 70,000 points per night for a stay in basic room. There was no resort fee but there was a charge if one used their water boat. I think it was 10e per whole stay. I preferred to buy the multi-day vaporetto pass as it went to many more locations even though there was a 10 minute walk to the vaporetto stop. Glad I tried the Stucky but I would not return. I prefer being on the mainland where I can walk to more locations.
I actually like this hotel because itís not on the mainland, itís just so much more quiet and calm. There is a very good restaurant down the waterfront. We are going to be here in July and are looking forward to heading back here and getting away from the crowds. To each his own, I guess
Old Jun 19, 22, 12:21 am

Programs: AS-MVP, TK-Elite, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts View Post
I actually like this hotel because itís not on the mainland, itís just so much more quiet and calm. There is a very good restaurant down the waterfront. We are going to be here in July and are looking forward to heading back here and getting away from the crowds. To each his own, I guess
I agree. I just left this hotel after 3 nights. It was so nice staying away from the massive amounts of tourists. Giudecca is a gem with a bunch of great restaurants along the waterfront. Most tourists don't walk around the island there.

We only ever used the hotel shuttle to/from San Marco during the day and Zattere in the evening. The latter is much more sedate and manageable than S. Marco for dinner and is a really nice choice.

Search this Thread