Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Old Sep 23, 2019, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by jbandy10
What is the deal with standard room award availability being essentially zero after May? Am I seeing that right?
I think Hilton just loaded it ...I was watching also ...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by llfoster
I think Hilton just loaded it ...I was watching also ...
I see nothing for July.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by jbandy10
I see nothing for July.
Oh Gee, I must have just gotten very lucky with August dates .... I just looked ... nothing in July, August ... odd
Old Sep 25, 2019, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, LH SEN, Hertz Presidents Circle
renovated rooms

hi,
any idea if the king family suite with seperate livingroom will see an update regarding renovations, too?
it looks quite dated compared to the renovated rooms.
thanks
Old Sep 25, 2019, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Hi, ran through this thread and I feel like there are mixed reviews. Here is my take:

Pros:
Nice property
Less touristy area

Cons:
Requires water taxi/ferry to get to the mainland
Can be cumbersome for tourist attractions

Would you agree with the above? Considering staying here vs. some airbnb on the main land. Prices are comparable
Old Sep 27, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.9MM and counting, HHDiamond, SPG Plat
Hello All, - diamond status. Not first trip to Venice. stayed 21-24 Sept. Booked 2 rooms. Initially assigned the newly upgraded Molino Premium King rooms. Funky heavy cement ceilings from old mill property made the ceiling feel like impending doom, should one be claustrophobic. Shower only, no bath tub. Clean modern room. but small for the pre- Paid 370 euro/night rate, per room. Had several minor issues, safe in room needed batteries as would not lock, then door lock needed batteries as key would not open electronic lock. Air conditioning worked well for climate control. Also noticed that the on-line rate was showing now approx. 120 euro less per night for room category. Went front desk, spoke duty manager. Explained the Hilton "claim" of lowest rate blah-blah... if booked through their website. No adjustment offered in price, but was told they would upgrade to suite w city view. Next day, front facing canal and city view, sitting room, large bath w separate shower and comfortable kind bedroom also w view. Rooms not newly remodeled, but clean, and comfortable. - Breakfast was crowded, but food selection was good, and omelets could be ordered. Executive lounge nothing special, narrow glassed off room on ground floor, but soft drinks and coffee available throughout the day. Happy hour had beer and wine. Again nothing special. -- Pool on roof was nice feature, but weather at 70F was really not conducive to hanging out and swimming. --- Getting to hotel was frankly either wonderful or a pain the a-s, depending on how you view it. Arrival at 5PM, and Chose a private water taxi form airport 135 euro, and added another 50 euro for long way around grand canal at sunset. Well worth the additional cost as sunset is lovely there. -- Shuttle to St. Marks, works well, but its 15+ minutes across, plus wait, and after a longish day can be something of a bother, especially when doing for the 2nd crossing of the day. -- Ate at one of their restaurants, Bacaromi, food was good, but the idea of a mandatory per-person charge of 5 euro for a hotel guest to eat in their restaurant, is IMO, absurd. Rooftop bar has tiny cocktails starting at 20 euro.

As to Venice, massive tour ships bring massive crowds. The city is essentially a movie set, lovely to look at, but largely devoid of Venetians. If you haven't seen it, do so, but there are so many wonderful places this world has to offer. Cheers!

Originally Posted by bomberman92
Hi, ran through this thread and I feel like there are mixed reviews. Here is my take:

Pros:
Nice property
Less touristy area

Cons:
Requires water taxi/ferry to get to the mainland
Can be cumbersome for tourist attractions

Would you agree with the above? Considering staying here vs. some airbnb on the main land. Prices are comparable
llfoster likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the review, gajs

I will return to this hotel for the third time next month and share the same impressions. Just a quick comment on the Best Rate Guarantee - you do not have a case if you find that the rate is lower when you arrive than when you booked. Good leverage for an upgrade, though.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Upcoming stay ( 8-15 Aug)

Hi,

I have booked this hotel for 1 week ( 8-15th August) and will post a review upon my return. This will be my first time in Venice and appreciate the need to use the shuttle to St Mark's etc but looking forward to it.

Regards

TBS
:D! likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I have booked this hotel for 1 week ( 8-15th August) and will post a review upon my return. This will be my first time in Venice and appreciate the need to use the shuttle to St Mark's etc but looking forward to it.

Regards

TBS
We've stayed there a few times, and mostly used the public vaporetto to go into Venice. It was easy, and covered by the pass we bought. We liked it better than the hotel's option, which was more claustrophobic, and didn't always run when we wanted it.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mareh
We've stayed there a few times, and mostly used the public vaporetto to go into Venice. It was easy, and covered by the pass we bought. We liked it better than the hotel's option, which was more claustrophobic, and didn't always run when we wanted it.
Hi,

Thanks mareh. It will probaby use a mixture of hotel shuttle and public vaporetto ( will use this for San Giorgio, Trocello and maybe to the Railway station for a day trip to Verona ( depending how I feel during the week). Will be good to get out exploring again.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 26, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors diamond
Hi,

Thanks mareh. It will probaby use a mixture of hotel shuttle and public vaporetto ( will use this for San Giorgio, Trocello and maybe to the Railway station for a day trip to Verona ( depending how I feel during the week). Will be good to get out exploring again.

Regards

TBS
Verona is an excellent day trip, if you feel safe enough to do it you should. Also if you have time, look into going to San Michele cemetry island, I found it beautiful.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
If you are flying out from VCE upon departure the private water taxi from the Hilton's dock was a pleasant and novel convenience that didn't break the bank, 100 euro IIRC. The concierge or front desk can help you book one.

I will add as a lifetime New Yorker the one time i have had my pocket picked was in Verona. Didn't feel the bugger taking my camera. My wide saw it and yelled but the guy had already jetted through a crowd. The worst thing was the lost images (this was 10-12 years ago before ubiquitous backups.) So eyes open if you go.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
If you are flying out from VCE upon departure the private water taxi from the Hilton's dock was a pleasant and novel convenience that didn't break the bank, 100 euro IIRC. The concierge or front desk can help you book one.

I will add as a lifetime New Yorker the one time i have had my pocket picked was in Verona. Didn't feel the bugger taking my camera. My wide saw it and yelled but the guy had already jetted through a crowd. The worst thing was the lost images (this was 10-12 years ago before ubiquitous backups.) So eyes open if you go.
Hi,

Thanks pauleepaul for the heads up

I was thinking of getting the water taxi from the airport to the hotel ( i would be up at 0400 for a 0715 EDI-flight with a 5 hr layover at LHR getting into VCE at 1630 so a quick journey will probably be appreciated). ( BA flight reductions). On the way back there is a waterbus around 1330 getting to VCE just before 1500 ( check in just opens for a 1730 flight back to LHR) so hopefully a 1pm late check out will work out fine.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:00 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Hi,

I was thinking of getting the water taxi from the airport to the hotel ( i would be up at 0400 for a 0715 EDI-flight with a 5 hr layover at LHR getting into VCE at 1630 so a quick journey will probably be appreciated). ( BA flight reductions). On the way back there is a waterbus around 1330 getting to VCE just before 1500 ( check in just opens for a 1730 flight back to LHR) so hopefully a 1pm late check out will work out fine.

Regards

TBS

Worth watching if you’ve not already seen it - https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0006vw3

Chef Angela Hartnett takes Fred Sirieix to Venice to enjoy the simple but stunning food at her favourite restaurant and experience unforgettable service at Italy’s oldest cafe.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Regards

TBS
Hi,

That’s some real dedication to fly BArbs legacy cabins. I see KLM and AF have some nice schedules that will have you in VCE at 11:10 leaving EDI at 6 in the morning. Might this not be an occasion to pick the competition than to put yourself through 5 hours in her Oasis of Calm?

Best wishes,

HL

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.