Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice {ITA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 7:23 pm

But before I pay €493 for the Molino Stucky, would I not get better value for my money at the Danieli (@ €603) or the Westin Regina (@ €505)?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 9:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by puchong
But before I pay €493 for the Molino Stucky, would I not get better value for my money at the Danieli (@ €603) or the Westin Regina (@ €505)?
No one can answer that on the limited information you've provided. Depends on status in the relevant programs, room type, and what's important to you.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 1:50 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by tda1986
I've looking into this hotel a few times, and from what I can tell the problem is that there are not many standard reward rooms available. If you can find them, they are 70k per night.
Depends on the time of year. I got a standard room (upgraded to suite) for 50k/nt in March last year.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
Depends on the time of year. I got a standard room (upgraded to suite) for 50k/nt in March last year.
Although I certainly wouldn't rely on last year's prices given program changes since then, you and Kacee are both correct that there is occasional availability at lower prices. 70k appears to be the most common when standard awards are available, but I did see one day as low as 49k over the next several months, and several other days at 56k and 63k.
Old Apr 1, 2018, 6:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kacee
493 euro is not that expensive for Venice, unfortunately. Mediocre properties regularly charge 350+. I think you need to compare to what else is available to determine whether it's worth it.
I always do AirBnB in Venice and can usually get a nice place for 100 - 120euros.
Kacee likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UA 1P
I am looking at booking here as a gold and the cheapest rate for my dates is a "HILTON HONORS SALE" rate for an executive lounge room. But the rate terms say "HILTON HONORS MEMBER RATE, JOIN FOR FREE. NO BREAKFAST. FREE WIFI AND POINTS. FULL PREPAYMENT, NO CHANGES OR REFUND."

Does anyone know if as gold I would still get free breakfast, or is this some sort of weird exception? And would breakfast be in the lounge or at the restaurant?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
The terms are generic, golds will still get breakfast. When I was there some years ago you could have it in the restaurant, but someone with more recent experience can probably comment on that.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: AA GLD 1.xMM, MAR SLV, HH DMND, IHG PLT
Thumbs up 2018-June Review

We stayed here for 2 nights as a HH Gold at the end of our Italy trip. Booked 2 standard rooms using 70K points/night/room.

Originally allocated interior courtyard rooms. Asked if possible to get a room with a view and given 2 executive rooms on 1st floor w/ view of canals. Room were twins but they joined the bed together for us to make it a king.

Breakfast is available in both the restaurant and the lounge, your choice. Breakfast is exhaustive and good including a small section for Asian food and Arabic dishes. Lounge definitely helped us cover the late afternoon/early evening hours for the kids. During the early evening, they bring in light food around 5pm to 7pm but it is usually gone by 630pm.

We didn’t use the Hilton boat shuttle. The cost is 7.50Euros per person per stay. Looking at the schedule and feedback from others we opted for the all you can ride on the vaporetto (water bus). Hotel kindly removed the Hilton boat shuttle from the bill at check out.

There is a vaporetto stop, Zattere, about 7-10 mins walk from the hotel along the canal. The walk is straight and flat, and you can pull luggage along it but it involves walking the luggage up 2 small bridges. Should not be a problem for most folks unless you bring a very large/heavy suitcase that doesn’t pull well.

We arrived at the train station and took the # 4.1 vaporetto to the hotel. The # 2 vaporetto also goes as well with a few more stops. Cost on the vaporetto is 7.50 Euros per ride per person or 20 Euros for 24 hours unlimited travel card, 30 Euros for a 48 hours unlimited travel card and so on. The longer your card the less per trip/per 24 hours you pay. My advice to staying here is skip the Hilton boat shuttle and just get an all you can ride card on the vaporetto covering your entire stay. Yes, you will walk a little bit to the stop to/from the hotel but you will be happy as a boat will show up and will always bring you home without having to wait for a long time and then the boat being full.

At the end of the trip we opted for the water taxi to take us back to the airport. The water bus boat to the airport is a different system than the vaporetto. The ride is about 1.5 hours and costs about 16Euros per person. The water taxi is quicker and more comfortable especially if you have 4 or more people. Travel time is about 30mins. Cost is 110Euros for 4 people (ouch!) but it was a good experience. I reserved it online as hotel was charging an extra 20Euros. They will pick you up by the Hilton dock (on the side).

Kids loved the rooftop pool. Used it 1 day as it was closed the previous day for a private party.

Would stay here again as HH Gold hands down.

A side note about VCE airport. It took as almost the entire 3 hours to get through everything for the non-stop flight back to the US. Check in line was long. Security line was even longer and slower. Passport control (to exit) was long. Hardly had 15 mins or so time in the Marco Polo Club lounge which is good by the way. Give yourself plenty of time on the outbound.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:02 pm

Try to book at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice. Price are different at same room if booked for 3 adults vs 2 adult +max 17 years old kid. Could we book it for 2 adult+1kid? Me, husband and 20 years old kid. All of us are diamond members. thanks,
Old Apr 29, 2019, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by fgroupgroup
Try to book at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice. Price are different at same room if booked for 3 adults vs 2 adult +max 17 years old kid. Could we book it for 2 adult+1kid? Me, husband and 20 years old kid. All of us are diamond members. thanks,
Others may have had a different experience, but I was asked for my passport when checking in. Front desk will see that your kid is over 17.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:14 pm

Stayed here for 2 nights a couple of weeks ago. HH Gold member. Paid cash rate for a King Deluxe Room and was upgraded at check-in to a Premium King Room, which, according to the front desk staff, is newly renovated. Not sure if it's an upgrade though since the "premium" room is actually smaller than the standard room. Our room also had a sloped ceiling, making it feel even tighter than it already is.

As HH Gold, they offered free breakfast at either the main restaurant, or in the executive lounge, both of which are located on the ground floor. I prefer dining at the restaurant as they had a wider selection of food.

As mentioned in an earlier post, Hilton offers a shuttle boat at 7.50EUR per person per stay. This is automatically added to your hotel bill. As we did not utilize their shuttle boat, we informed the front desk and they kindly removed the fees from our bill.

The rooftop pool is amazing - definitely worth checking out if you're staying there.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
We stayed here 2 1/2 weeks ago for 2 nights, I used points. As others say, the breakfast is pretty extensive and good in the restaurant, much more options than in the lounge. Though there really is nothing stopping you from eating at both if you wanted as your room key gets you into the lounge.

I liked the hotel, actually being across the canal from the hustle and bustle was more relaxing. The hotel shuttle was nice and convenient, there is also a water taxi available right there as well as what seemed like a bigger stop about 300 yards down the water front (need to go over 2 small bridges). We went there to take the water taxi to the train station, we headed to Trieste after Venice.

Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:18 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
We stayed here 2 1/2 weeks ago for 2 nights, I used points. As others say, the breakfast is pretty extensive and good in the restaurant, much more options than in the lounge. Though there really is nothing stopping you from eating at both if you wanted as your room key gets you into the lounge.

I liked the hotel, actually being across the canal from the hustle and bustle was more relaxing. The hotel shuttle was nice and convenient, there is also a water taxi available right there as well as what seemed like a bigger stop about 300 yards down the water front (need to go over 2 small bridges). We went there to take the water taxi to the train station, we headed to Trieste after Venice.

The Alilaguna stops in front and Vaporetto down the way - they are a water bus not taxi.

Water taxi is a point to point private ride.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:25 pm

What is the deal with standard room award availability being essentially zero after May? Am I seeing that right?
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Stayed April 2019 in a family room. Arrived via train and walked up to the private transport dock and booked a boat to the hotel. Didn’t need to reserve in advance. At arrival, there was not a mention of upgraded room. The family room has two bathrooms, which were great. One bathroom has a toilet and sink and the other has tub, shower, and sink. The room was very large with two TVs, large closet, and separate bedroom. The room has a couch, which we thought was a pullout for the kids. However, it didn’t pull out and the kids both had to sleep on a rollaway bed. With two rollaways in the room, it does make it a little cramped.

We used the Hilton Shuttle with no problems. Since it is an enclosed boat, it was nice to be out of the rain. Never had to wait because it wasn’t full either.

Lounge didn’t have much when we were in there. Not sure if we missed the evening food or there just wasn’t much offered. The food in the breakfast area was much better than the lounge. Huge amount of choices and very clean and efficient buffet. There is a gelato cart in the hotel lounge area. The kids got gelato a couple of times and loved it. A nice touch. We did eat at Bacaromi, one of the hotel restaurants on our arrival night and it was the worst restaurant we ate at on our Italy trip. Hotel is beautiful, had a good stay, and would return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.