Hampton Inn Blytheville {US-AR}

Old Nov 21, 2003, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hampton Inn Blytheville {US-AR}

In looking at possible overnight stops in the bootheel of Missouri, I noticed the Hampton in Blytheville, Arkansas is a category 4 hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Ive never seen a category 4 Hampton. Is there something I should know?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 7:45 am

Not sure about the cat 4 - but since the local AFB closed about 10 years ago things have been tough in Blyethville. Might want to consider driving on through to Memphis (if it's on your way).
Old Nov 21, 2003, 8:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Starwood Gold Radisson Elite
It is the standard outside entrance to your room interstate Hampton Inn. Nohing special and ok if you are jsut stopping to rest. Even though I am a Diamond, I normally stay at the Drury Inn in Hayti, Missouri. All Drury Inns have free high speed internet and are usually as nice or nicer than the Hampton Inn.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:38 am

With the old reward categories, a few Hamptons were Premium (top) level -- one in Mississippi even got mentioned in a WSJ article, IIRC. AFTER that article was published, Hilton claimed that the Premium rating was an error, and it was changed. Basically, as I said in another thread, it is my belief that the Premium ranking was not an error. Instead, I think that the property's owner thought that he/she would get more money from selling empty rooms on Priceline or other opaque channels than from Hilton's reimbursement, so he/she got the property rated at such a high level relative to the rack rate that no rational person would have ever used points to stay there.
Old Nov 21, 2003, 4:51 pm

Location: Carrollton, Texas, USA Hhonors Diamond, Southwest CP
I have staid here a number of nights(10-15) the last three years. It is an older property, and is definetly in the bottom 25% of all Hampton's that I have staid in over the last 5 years. No way it is a cat4 should be 1 (If that is the lowest).

------------------
Regards,

John
Old Nov 24, 2003, 1:31 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">... Basically, as I said in another thread, it is my belief that the Premium ranking was not an error. Instead, I think that the property's owner thought that he/she would get more money from selling empty rooms on Priceline or other opaque channels than from Hilton's reimbursement, ....[/B]</font>
It's none of my business, I suppose... but what does a property owner end up getting from Hilton for a normal points stay? As a Diamond, I know that sometimes the diamond desk will get you into a place on points but actually end up paying the property as if they were walking in.. paying the rack rate or something close to it, I guess. We had that experience when staying in Anchorage, Alaska over the 4th of July, one year. A nice benefit, to be sure.
Old Nov 24, 2003, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 767-322ETOPS:
Not sure about the cat 4 - but since the local AFB closed about 10 years ago things have been tough in Blyethville. Might want to consider driving on through to Memphis (if it's on your way). </font>
We're heading the other way (north) over Christmas break (I get 3 weeks). I am looking for a decent Hilton property between Memphis and Cairo (IL) that accepts pets and is on the I55/I57 corridor. In looking, I came across a Cat4 Hampton, which I found to be amazing. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.