Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport (1st one) {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport (1st one) {US-FL} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2001, 12:35 pm

That hotel is full of slimey characters. It is such a let down compared to the MIA Hilton down the road. Avoid it at all costs.

Old Sep 29, 2001, 12:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat, AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, others including Amtrak Guest Rewards
I'm just curious -- after relaying the incident to the hotel, what did they say about it? Did they even care?

Old Sep 29, 2001, 5:43 pm

> Did they even care?

Seemingly, no. I had a *very* early flight
on Friday morning and checked out at 4:40AM.
The folio under the door did not include the
room service charge.

The front desk clerk could not seem to grasp
why I thought there was a problem. I
produced the guest check stub on which I
had written the correct amount & insisted
that she add it to my folio. [Fearing that
I might subsequently be falsely accused of
some transgression]

-doug

[This message has been edited by dranz (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old Sep 29, 2001, 6:21 pm

I worked as a Hilton room service waiter many years ago when I was in college. There is no doubt this guy was trying to steal from his employer not from you.

The General Manager would be most interested in your story I assure you. I'm not surprised the desk clerk passed on it. A fellow employee friend, more work for him/her, not my job, etc.

You would do the traveling public a favor by following up. There are enough problems out there without having to worry about this dishonest employee in the hospitality business.

Steve

edited to correct grammar

[This message has been edited by ilander (edited 09-29-2001).]
Old Sep 29, 2001, 9:48 pm
In Memoriam

Ha... I thought this was about the old trick of after they automatically add the 15% "service charge" to a menu that is already special priced for room service, tehy ask em to total the bill. After I pay $9.00 for a burger, $4.00 for a beer, and 15% service charge, what's left for a tip?
Old Sep 30, 2001, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Dranz,

You should "immediately" send a copy of your bill to the GeneralManager of the FLL Hilton AND Hilton Corp.
Old Dec 6, 2002, 8:28 pm
Original Member

Programs: OnePass
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport

I'm looking at cashing in some of my reward points for a stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport any recommendations as to the hotel?
Old Dec 7, 2002, 11:47 am

Doubletree Hotel Ft. Lauderdale-Oceanfront
Old Dec 7, 2002, 2:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AlphaSigOU:
I'm looking at cashing in some of my reward points for a stay at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Airport any recommendations as to the hotel?</font>
Stay away from this property (as of 18 months ago). Hotel is run-down; description of property on the website is a joke. Hotel serves as a one-night hotel for cruise passengers with luggage all over the lobby. Honors Lounge not open weekend with no breakfast comp. Worst Hlton I have stayed in out of about 75 properties.

Maybe it's improved over past year or so, but if not, don't waste your points.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 8:51 pm
Original Member

Programs: OnePass
Thanks for the heads-up guys, I'll check out another Hilton or Doubletree property in the area.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 1:45 am

Programs: HH: Gold; AirTran: Elite
I just stayed here over thanksgiving to finish up my CNTU.

Certainly not run down at all. I didn't see an Honors Lounge, however complimentary breakfast was provided in their restaurant, which was much nicer than a standard continental breakfast. Also two free drinks at the tiki bar by the pool.

Considering it is an airport hotel, I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 5:51 am

ES on 17th is not far and is convenient to the beach if you have a car. Its often on Hotwire/Priceline.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 9:52 am

If youre not worried about the beach, try the Hilton Sunset. I thought the property was very nice and convenient to the turnpike.
Old Jan 7, 2003, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Guys...just looking for some up-to-date advice/info on this property. I'll be there this Friday.

According to milesmilesmiles I should stay away. mocharaia says its not rundown at all.

Any other reviews? I'll be out having a good time Friday night, so the only purpose really is to crash there. Its either $209+ tax or 20K pts (already confirmed just in case).

Upg to a suite for a Gold? B'fast coupons?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Jan 8, 2003, 12:42 am

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Installer,

Just a slight correction to your post. I think you may mean the Sunrise Hilton. About 20 minutes from the airport, off of University.

bj-21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.