Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Ok

Originally Posted by ramadanm
This is interesting, with all the rules, & (china) almost seems like a scam for beijing
Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
Thumbs down no points or stay credits

Originally Posted by ramadanm
I did buy this, but then was told the stay credits & points will not post to your HH account. kinda of tacky !.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Hiltons in Beijing and Shanghai

I might have a trip coming up where I need to go to both Beijing and Shanghai. There seem to be a couple of options in both cities and was wondering if folks had any opinions on their favorites between the following:

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
vs.
Hilton Beijing Hotel

Hilton Shanghai hotel
vs.
Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao

The WA is priced too high

Thanks!
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Hilton Wangfujing ^ I belive the general consensus in this forum is in favour of Wangfujing. New and stylish hotel. Very central location, much better than Hilton Bejing (which is near 3rd ring road in direction of the airport). Hilton Beijing has nice Exect. rooms in new separate tower and has in general lower rates.

Have no knowledge of Shanghai.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I stayed at 2 of these hotels this year, pleasant experiences at both...

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I think this is the best Hilton hotel I've ever stayed in (100+ and counting). Just a stunning hotel. Every member of staff would know my name, engage in conversation, the Lounge staff knew exactly what I wanted for breakfast (would bring it after asking if that was ok), the room was very large and well furnished. Really an enjoyable experience, I was here for about 10 days and it would be my first choice for a hotel in Beijing on future trips. From talking to some of the other guests who had stayed at the other property they said Wangfujing was superior in most aspects

Shanghai Hilton. I think this is a lot better than the Hongqiao property. Very classy, nice rooms with varying views over the city. I loved the ease of access to the shopping mall. Again, a very good Hilton but not as special as Wangfujing
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:17 am

Programs: UA 1K
I've also done the Wangfujing and Hilton Beijing properties. Both are very nice with an edge to the former. I'd give the edge to whichever is more convenient to where you need to be.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K/3.7MM, Hawn Platinum, Hilton Diamond, PC Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Natl Exe Elite
I haven't stayed at the Hilton Hongqiao, but my experiences have been good at the Hilton Shanghai. I stay there about twice a year and they always treat me well.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 6:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
When in Beijing, you gotta stay at Hilton Wangfujing, which is a relatively new property, great exec floor rooms, friendly crew that refers to you by name, is centrally located near in Beijing's "Times Square" (Wangfujing), Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, etc...

I have also stayed at Hilton Shanghai on Huan Shan Rd multiple times, and am heading there again to spend New Year festivities. That is where I would stay, unless you would like to try the brand new Waldorf-Astoria on the Bund, which seems fully booked until the end of the year... Hongqiao is where the domestic airport (SHA), as opposed to the international airport (PVG), is located so that it would be good if you were looking to be closer to that airport.
Old Dec 4, 2010, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Another vote for Hilton Wangfujing & Hilton Shanghai. Location, location, location!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 5:51 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thanks everyone! Appreciate all the helpful and expert advise!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hilton Shanghai Hongqiao recently opened. Location isn't nearly as good as Hilton Shanghai, but is on the PS list right now. Worth a stay maybe on pts like those hitting up the WA on the Bund.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
was just at H Shanghai last week and quite enjoyed it. I like the old H Beijing too. They always treat me well. Lounges are lovely, locations are great . . .
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, ANA GM, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, UA RCC, CBP Global Entry
When at Hilton Shanghai be sure to visit the cocktail lounge called the "Penthouse" on the 39th floor for a great live jazz trio and breathtaking view of the city from up high. Just next to this joint is an excellent restaurant that makes authentic Sichuan delicacies...

Just a couple more reasons why I recommend Hilton Shanghai and why I stay there whenever in the city...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Stayed at the Hilton Wangfujing last month and agree with all comments. Great hotel, rooms. lounge, location. Also spent a night before leaving at the Beijing Capital Airport which is great if you need to be at the airport early. I have stayed at the Hilton Shanghai in the past, which is in a very nice walkable residential area. Recently stayed at the new Waldorf on the Bund in Shanghai. Very, very classyl, wonderful location, was able to stay on points so it was really wonderful experience. Dont know what it will be like when the tower is open which is supposed to be this montb. Rates in those rooms will be much more reasonable, since there are only 20 rooms in the old property that is actually on the bund proper.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA1K,HH-D,SPG-G,Swissotel
I just returned yesterday from 5 nights at the BJ Hilton, I've been staying there for many years and as was mentioned it's on Third Ring Road. For me it's a good location with a very good staff; the new Executive Tower lounge is really nice. It's just across the street from the new American Embassy and a new 'mall' that houses a Fat Burger and a Starbucks; five minute walk to the the Hard Rock Cafe, Lufthansa Center, and if the weather is nice about a 10-15 minute walk to the area known as Embassy row...lots of embassies, side walk cafes, shops, etc.

I've stayed at the Shanghai Hilton only once but it was nice with a great view (but a long way from the airport).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.