Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in China {CHN}

Old Dec 17, 2007, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sailxx
The new hilton will be in Wangfujing area.
still good location though.
Is it walking distance to most major tourist spots? Are there shops and restaurants nearby?
Old Mar 28, 2008, 8:28 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Soon to be an ex-WP PE
Beijing

Have any of the new properties in Beijing opened yet?

I'm arriving May 4, 2008.

I'm seeing Wangfujing available as Diamond Desk. Anyone stayed there yet?

Transportation to hotels? Taxi?

Appreciate any help with this.
Old Mar 28, 2008, 9:37 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by rtarbuck
Have any of the new properties in Beijing opened yet?

I'm arriving May 4, 2008.

I'm seeing Wangfujing available as Diamond Desk. Anyone stayed there yet?

Transportation to hotels? Taxi?

Appreciate any help with this.
For May 4th arrival date, the old Hilton Beijing will be your only option. I think the soon to be opened Hilton Beijing Wangfujing was originally slated to be the Scandic Beijing, but later rebranded to Hilton as Scandic is no longer part of HH. According to the DDesk, it is still under construction.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 4:51 pm

Future Development Plans for Hilton Family of Hotels in Greater China and Mongolia

See http://www.hotelinteractive.com/arti...rticleid=11844

No. Hotels in Hilton’s Development Pipeline

1. Doubletree by Hilton Huaqiao/ Kunshan 2009

2. Hilton Chongqing Nanshan Resort & Spa 2009

3. Conrad Shanghai 2009

4. Hilton Beijing Capital Airport 2009

5. Hilton Guiyang [Phase 1] 2009

6. Doubletree by Hilton Shenyang 2009

7. Hilton Hohhot 2010

8. Hilton Ulaanbaatar 2010

9. Hilton Taiyuan 2010

10. Hilton Tianjin 2010

11. Doubletree by Hilton Wuxi 2010

12. Hilton Chongqing Resort & Spa 2011

13. Conrad Beijing 2011

14. Hilton Shijiazhuang 2011

15. Hilton Chengdu 2011

16. Hilton Haikou 2011

17. Hilton Dongguan 2012

18. Doubletree by Hilton Tianjin 2012

Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:46 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Diamond recognition in China

It is always very annoying to discover that the elite members do not get what they should at some specific locations.

After a global worldwide thread on Diamond treatment (or absence of diamond treatment ) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...454&highlight=
I would like to focus specifically on Chinese experiences:

Did you feel you were recognized as Diamond in China ?

Please specify the location and concentrate only on how you were treated as a Diamond.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:25 am

It might be polite (and enhance your response rate) if you let us know the reason for your request; and also what (if anything) you intend to do with the information.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 7:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Loyalty

Originally Posted by Bondiboy
It might be polite (and enhance your response rate) if you let us know the reason for your request; and also what (if anything) you intend to do with the information.
The reason is very simple: I try to avoid hotels that are arrogant to their customers, especially when you deserve a "VIP benefit", as marketed on the HHonors website.

On the other hand, I really enjoy the "special Diamond welcome", even without room upgrade.

Keyword of this thread is: Loyalty (to a specific hotel or to a brand)

I have made terrible but also exceptional experiences with Hilton...and for my next trip to China, I will only use those Hilton who have the knowledge of what VIP benefits are.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:17 am

There are NINE Hilton properties in China.

* 3 of these are in Beijing (incl one Doubletree)
* 1 in Shanghai
* 1 in Hong Kong (a Conrad)
* 1 in Hefi
* 1 in the resport area of Sanya
* 1 in Chongqing
* 1 in Kunshan (a Doubletree)

The only city with multiple locations is Beijing, and you will find numerous reviews of these Beijing properties on this board. Personally, when choosing a property in Beijing I always base my choice on LOCATION.

For the other cities in China you do not have a choice in you are locked into Hilton.

Both Hyatt and Starwood have some fine properties in China
Old Dec 11, 2008, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Bondiboy
The only city with multiple locations is Beijing, and you will find numerous reviews of these Beijing properties on this board.
Indeed. The OP can certainly seach rather than asking people to repeat their comments.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 9:08 am

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
I've stayed at the Conrad in Hong Kong three times and been upgraded each time. They treat diamonds very well IME.

We had two rooms, both six-night awards, at the Hilton Beijing (the one at 1 Dong Fang, North Dong Sanhuan Rd) and they upgraded both of them.

Also stayed on an award at the Hilton PVG and was upgraded.

Hilton properties in Asia have always treated this diamond very well. I've not been denied an upgrade at the Conrad BKK (2X), Conrad SIN (3X), Hilton HAN (1X), and Hilton KIX (1X).
Old Jan 2, 2009, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
I completely agree in regards to the Conrad HK. I've stayed there probably 15 -20 times in the past 2.5 years. I've always been upgraded to the exec. floor, and have gotten an additional upgrade to a 1 br exec floor suite the last 3 times I've stayed.

I absolutely love that hotel, and the staff. As discussed in other posts, Eunice in the exec lounge has got to be one of Hilton's top employees - she's amazing.

I've only stayed at the Hilton Shanghai once and had to ask for an upgrade, which is a pet peeve of mine, but I did get it. My feeling on this hotel is a solid so/so.

I will be back at the Hilton Shanghai in a couple of weeks, and the Conrad, and I am curious to see how Shanghai treats me this time around.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite
I have been upgraded to the Executive Floor at the Conrad Hong Kong every single time for at least the last three years (average six stays a year). In fact, ever since I expressed preference for a particular room, I have had the same room every time I stayed there! No wonder it is one of my favourite Hilton family hotels.

I had an award stay at the Shanghai Hilton during Christmas, 2007 and both award rooms were upgraded without my asking. I know some Fters did not have a good experience at the Shanghai Hilton but my family and I had a wonderful stay there with the refurbished rooms and excellent service. They really gave us the VIP treatment.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 12:14 am

Programs: HHonor Gold;Hyatt Diamond;SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by wilp888
I have been upgraded to the Executive Floor at the Conrad Hong Kong every single time for at least the last three years (average six stays a year). In fact, ever since I expressed preference for a particular room, I have had the same room every time I stayed there! No wonder it is one of my favourite Hilton family hotels.

I had an award stay at the Shanghai Hilton during Christmas, 2007 and both award rooms were upgraded without my asking. I know some Fters did not have a good experience at the Shanghai Hilton but my family and I had a wonderful stay there with the refurbished rooms and excellent service. They really gave us the VIP treatment.
I cannot agree more with the comments about Conrad HK. Two stays in the past three months, and both upgraded to the Executive Floor. The staff there are very attentative to guests' preference. I expressed some minor problems I encountered during my first stay there before check-out. All these really MINOR problems solved for my second stay. ^
That really makes me realize this is a truly excellent property, as you may know the feedback forms left in the room in most hotels in China are nothing more than "Rubbish" if you travel a lot in China.
That's why I will certainly make Conrad HK my first choice in HK, although the rate in Sheraton is much lower.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Originally Posted by paranoid
That's why I will certainly make Conrad HK my first choice in HK, although the rate in Sheraton is much lower.

Just a side comment - this may not be completely true any more. Our normal corporate choice in HK is the Shangrila Kowloon, but I've usually been able to finagle my stays at the Conrad, athough they were always much more expensive.

When I was booking my next trip (1/14-1/24), the Conrad HK was actually significantly (~200-300 hkd per night) cheaper than the Shangrila. It may be worth checking.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 3:20 pm

Programs: A few here and there
Doubletree vs. Hilton in China?

Anyone know why the huge point difference? Am I getting myself into a low class Doubletree that I should be concerned about. Looking to book some reward nights in May.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.