Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Old Nov 18, 21, 11:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by jbandy10 View Post
Thanks so much. I do have a few.

-I've heard this hotel can get a little wild and convention-ish. Is noise ever an issue? Ever had a room full of insane kids next door, as sometimes happens at certain Disney properties?
-Are Diamond upgrades even a thing here?
-Why do you like this one better than BVP? Reading reviews of the BVP, it sounds like a straight up dump. Tons of horror stories.
-Have you stayed at the DT up the road? I assume it's a lot further walk, and therefore, pretty inferior.
The DT is our preferred hotel in the Orlando area. Bang for your buck, it can't be beat, especially with kids. Every room is a suite (bedroom separated from living area). We've been upgraded 2/3rds of the time we stay here, and most recently, we've twice been upgraded to the conference room suite that is bigger than my first condo.

It's not the prettiest hotel. The pool is small-ish and the pool deck is average. The food selections, especially during COVID, were sparse. The gift shop is under new management and a shell of what it used to be. But, for 40k points per night, it's perfect. You don't go to Orlando to spend all day in the hotel.

First impressions matter. Our first stay here was several years ago. I became violently ill with a stomach bug during the first night. My wife took our daughter to Disney to give me time to rest. The front desk staff brought up Gatorade without being asked. They checked on me periodically throughout the day. I'll never forget that.
chrisny2 and writerguyfl like this.
Old Nov 20, 21, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
The DT is our preferred hotel in the Orlando area. Bang for your buck, it can't be beat, especially with kids. Every room is a suite (bedroom separated from living area). We've been upgraded 2/3rds of the time we stay here, and most recently, we've twice been upgraded to the conference room suite that is bigger than my first condo.

It's not the prettiest hotel. The pool is small-ish and the pool deck is average. The food selections, especially during COVID, were sparse. The gift shop is under new management and a shell of what it used to be. But, for 40k points per night, it's perfect. You don't go to Orlando to spend all day in the hotel.

First impressions matter. Our first stay here was several years ago. I became violently ill with a stomach bug during the first night. My wife took our daughter to Disney to give me time to rest. The front desk staff brought up Gatorade without being asked. They checked on me periodically throughout the day. I'll never forget that.
My only issue with the double tree is that it's a .7 mile walk from DS versus a .3 mile walk to DS from the HLBV. I know that seems trivial, but for someone who likes to shop, go back to room, walk back to eat...etc.... That adds up.

Can anyone comment if it's worth $100 a night extra to upgrade to a a deluxe suite at HLBV?
Old Nov 21, 21, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
The management staff at the DoubleTree Suites really was great. (I haven't stayed since 2019, so I'm using past tense. Hopefully, they are still great.)

I had to check out of a 5-day stay early once because of a minor dental emergency. The day after I left, I got an email from the Front Desk Manager saying she hoped my tooth was feeling better.

Originally Posted by jbandy10 View Post
Can anyone comment if it's worth $100 a night extra to upgrade to a a deluxe suite at HLBV?
To which room are you referring? None of the suites use "Deluxe" in the title.

Picking a random day, it appears that the Junior Suites are about $100 more than the Disney Springs View guest rooms. If that's the room you're thinking about, I personally don't think it's worth the extra money unless you are traveling with multiple kids.

I was assigned that room once. The Front Desk made a huge deal about giving it to me as a upgrade. They said I was lucky because I was only Gold and usually that room gets assigned to Diamond members.

I wasn't impressed. While it was larger than the standard room, the extra space wasn't particularly useful because of the architecture. Placement of the TV wasn't ideal and the bathroom was the same as a standard guest room. The only real benefit was an extra window.

Last edited by writerguyfl; Nov 21, 21 at 12:26 am Reason: Added second quote/comment.
Old Jan 20, 22, 12:24 am

How does the F&B credit work at this property? if I have a 2 night stay, will I get 3 credits? One for day of check-in (4pm-11:59pm), another for the next day (12 am - 11:59pm), another for day of checkout (12am - 10am)?

​​​​​​
Old Jan 20, 22, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by alany611 View Post
How does the F&B credit work at this property? if I have a 2 night stay, will I get 3 credits? One for day of check-in (4pm-11:59pm), another for the next day (12 am - 11:59pm), another for day of checkout (12am - 10am)?

​​​​​​
We have just finished a 5 night stay at this hotel. We received 5 x $24 (2 guests in the room at $12 each per night). I think in your case it will be 2 credits, in lieu of the 2 breakfasts no longer provided.

We had a drink on the first night which had some of the credit applied (drink was less than total credit) and then used the credit each day including the final morning before we set off to the airport. I was a bit sceptical but the credit process worked well for us.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jan 20, 22, 9:22 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, WN A-List/CP, HH Dia, Hyatt Glob, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alany611 View Post
How does the F&B credit work at this property? if I have a 2 night stay, will I get 3 credits? One for day of check-in (4pm-11:59pm), another for the next day (12 am - 11:59pm), another for day of checkout (12am - 10am)?​​​​​​
The credit is per night, when the cutoff for the credit to be used between night one and night two is at the discretion of the individual hotel as far as I can tell.
Old Jan 20, 22, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AC 50K, AT Gold, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
We have just finished a 5 night stay at this hotel. We received 5 x $24 (2 guests in the room at $12 each per night). I think in your case it will be 2 credits, in lieu of the 2 breakfasts no longer provided.

We had a drink on the first night which had some of the credit applied (drink was less than total credit) and then used the credit each day including the final morning before we set off to the airport. I was a bit sceptical but the credit process worked well for us.
I had the same kind of experience with evening drinks and morning snacks from the grab and go market. On checkout day, I did have to ask for the credit to be manually applied because I had JUST picked up a breakfast sandwich a few minutes before checking out. The clerk put that credit in manually and it was no problem.

Search this Thread