Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I would hardly put Fulton or Wolfgang up as great dining... The only restaurant that I find worth visiting there is Bongos. Even that can be a stretch. I guess I am jaded, living in Orlando and being able to see through all of the tourist hype of many places.
I never said they were great. I said they were better than the Hilton's Italian restaurant.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:44 am

We stayed here back in January, all on points. For free, it was just fine. We only ate one meal on property--the character breakfast, which was pretty typical for such things. The night we arrived we went to Downtown Disney and ate at House of Blues, which was pretty good, not earth-shattering. We didn't spend a ton of time at the hotel, but were out at the parks the majority of our waking hours. You're not completely in the "Disney bubble," but leaving the hotel without paying a cent--yeah, that's good.

Re Extra Magic Hours: I believe in the theory (espoused primarily at easywdw.com, a blog that is marginally obsessed with WDW wait times and crowd levels) that you're actually better AVOIDING whatever park has EMH for the day, as it will attract the largest crowds, particularly people with non-park hopper passes. If you go to a park the day after it has EMH, the crowds will be lower, and you'll make up for the extra hours you missed by spending less time in line. Maybe if your family is a bunch of early risers, morning EMH will work for you. But my kids do not do well with crowds, so we consciously avoided those parks and were by and large very happy with that decision. Granted, we were there at one of the slowest times of the year, so it may have worked out regardless. YMMV.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sig05
The Boathouse is my favorite place to eat at Downtown Disney.
I'll second that. Had dinner there last Thursday and the food was good at reasonable (for Disney) prices. The prices for alcohol, on the other hand...
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
The boathouse is an amazing restaurant in downtown disney. Bongo's cuban cafe is decent. I'll be trying out "The Hangar" in a few weeks right next door to the boathouse. Downtown disney has some great restaurants. Also be sure to check out dining in the disney hotels. Disney has some of the best food around.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Just stayed at this property last night, sort of a mattress run, wasn't really doing Disney. I don't agree that it's "bad"...it just isn't "good", if that makes any sense. Room was ok, if small (they "upgraded" me as a Diamond to a "fireworks view" room, not sure why they thought a middle aged guy with no kids in tow would think that was a benefit, but whatever...one of the smaller hotel rooms I've been in lately). Things worked, it was fairly quiet and clean. Hallways are a little rundown. Health club was fine, pool looked ok though I didn't use it. Main restaurant was closed for dinner, which was unannounced and annoying. Didn't try Benihana.

I did walk over to Disney Springs, easy walk, but it was mobbed! A lot of dining options, but all had lines out the door, so I passed. I think the moral is...don't stay at a Disney hotel during tourist season unless you are one!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 1:49 pm

With no lounge, are they just giving out breakfast vouchers?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 3:49 pm

Lounge is open only for breakfast until 11:00 a.m. You will receive breakfast vouchers for the lounge and attendant will collect the voucher and ask for your room number.

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
With no lounge, are they just giving out breakfast vouchers?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by bamboola
Lounge is open only for breakfast until 11:00 a.m. You will receive breakfast vouchers for the lounge and attendant will collect the voucher and ask for your room number.
I was reading on TripAdvisor that the lounge was closed, but there have not been any recent reviews. As a Diamond do you have any other option other than the lounge? What kind of breakfast do they have there?
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:32 pm

I didn't ask for any other option.

Lounge breakfast included bread, bagels, muffins (toast it yourself), some cold cuts, scrambled eggs, coffee machine with espresso, mocha, etc., juice, yogurt, oranges, bananas.

Not too inspiring.

I was reading on TripAdvisor that the lounge was closed, but there have not been any recent reviews. As a Diamond do you have any other option other than the lounge? What kind of breakfast do they have there?
Old Mar 18, 2016, 6:48 pm

Looks like you can take the breakfast in the restaurant for the buffet for $7 extra. You are given two vouchers per room. Was upgraded to a Jr Suite on the 6th floor. Pool view allows you to see the fireworks each night (though they kind of far away). I found this a bit ironic as the front desk manager claimed "no room has a view of fireworks".... yeah okay..
Old Jan 25, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bump for recent stay info....is the lounge now closed?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Does this classic Hilton still have the lounge and Benihana?
Old Mar 24, 2018, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Does this classic Hilton still have the lounge and Benihana?
Hi,

From their website

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, FL Restaurants

It looks like Benihana is still there. not sure about the lounge.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 24, 2018, 1:18 pm

Pool view allows you to see the fireworks each night (though they kind of far away). I found this a bit ironic as the front desk manager claimed "no room has a view of fireworks".... yeah okay..
I've had significant issues with this hotel over the years. I generally caution people to avoid it unless you get a dirt-cheap rate (under $120 including the resort fee). That said, I'm going to side with hotel here. I don't consider any of the Disney Springs to have a fireworks view because they are so far away. To me, this is more about managing expectations than telling a lie.

This is an example of the fireworks taken from the adjacent Hilton Buena Vista Palace, which is a much taller structure and therefore has a "better" view of the fireworks way off in the distance.
B3nder likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Any recent FT's stay here recently? Have three rooms reserved for three nights in mid-October for a conference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.