Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dartford Bridge {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dartford Bridge {GBR} (formerly Hilton)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
Well, looks like I'm the last one to post/ stay at this hotel since last August, just wondered if anyone had any recent stays?.....im here this coming Friday night ( but may switch to Hilton Maidstone yet ) for a one night stay before a little tour in Belgium.......of course will do live reporting....you know me 😂
Old Oct 19, 2018, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Well, looks like I'm the last one to post/ stay at this hotel since last August, just wondered if anyone had any recent stays?.....im here this coming Friday night ( but may switch to Hilton Maidstone yet ) for a one night stay before a little tour in Belgium.......of course will do live reporting....you know me 😂
Arrived 6pm, preupgraded last night to a king deluxe family room from a king guest room.......to be fair it's very nice!, a little worn but fine, great view of Dartford bridge, huge super king bed, fridge sofa and chairs.....could qualify as a suite if there was a partition in middle ( it's very big )...... no drink chit but some chocolate truffles in room ......robes but no slippers.
Off to have a swim and sauna .....will report back !
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by wizla
Arrived 6pm, preupgraded last night to a king deluxe family room from a king guest room.......to be fair it's very nice!, a little worn but fine, great view of Dartford bridge, huge super king bed, fridge sofa and chairs.....could qualify as a suite if there was a partition in middle ( it's very big )...... no drink chit but some chocolate truffles in room ......robes but no slippers.
Off to have a swim and sauna .....will report back !
Pool and sauna are nice, plenty hot enough and the changing rooms have had a refurb too......few people swimming so fairly quiet.....got chatting to an Albanian lorry driver and a magician in the sauna.......that was a bazaar conversation .......one pound for the lockers , towels provided.
Now back in room, don't know what to do for food, may give the pub a look down the road.....will see.
Will report back!
Old Oct 19, 2018, 2:07 pm

The room -
Attached Images     
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 12:57 am

Rubbish sleep, bed reasonably comfy but creaked a lot, this hotel still does the " bill under door at 3am " concept here, I like that.....Ł5 for parking and it's all ready on the bill so express check out after breakfast.......will report back!
Old Oct 20, 2018, 9:56 am

....... breakfast was actually very nice, a little pushed for time as I had to catch Eurostar to Brussels but very nice nonetheless....... coffee is self serving but there is a Starbucks also.
Swift check out via express and I'm on my way.

CONCLUSION- it's ok......nothing amazing, the room was very nice and huge however the bed was creaky and last it's best......
I would stay again but avoid room 419 shame.

ROOM NO - 419

NEXT STAY - Hilton Brussels grand place. ( I'm here now! )
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:42 am

Programs: Ihg diamond ambassador hilton gold
Staying here on Saturday night after som zip lining fun at Bluewater. Has anyone stayed here recently?
Old Nov 29, 2021, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by richardhall99
Staying here on Saturday night after som zip lining fun at Bluewater. Has anyone stayed here recently?
I haven’t but a good friend of mine has ( he’s gold ) he and his wife claims they had a lovely stay a nice swim and great meal too.
I didn’t press him for details but I remember him telling me, he stayed about a month back.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:00 am

Ah thats good to hear.... Will share some pics
wizla likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
We stayed earlier this month. Was ok but not great considering the price. I am gold. I noticed during the day at work (stayed on a friday) the we had a deluxe room upgrade but by the time I had chance to OLCI it had been revoked! The bathroom was very tired, room itself ok. Nice dinner experience although prices far higher than the quality of food. Breakfast was very good.
richardhall99 and wizla like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:39 am

Had another stay this week and this time the deluxe room upgrade stuck. Got cookies too (prepackaged not the usual DT). Difference seemed to be robes in wardrobe, mini fridge and really nice refurbished bathroom.
richardhall99 and wizla like this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:19 am

Here tonight but no upgrade yet
Old Dec 4, 2021, 11:04 am

Checked in and room wasn't ready. They called housekeeping and told it would be 15 mins. Reception gave us comp drinks voucher for the wait as I'm just gold. Fortunately bar staff didn't collect our token so will hopefully get another free one later. No water offered or upgrade. In a queen family room but just the two of us. We paid 95gbp

wizla likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 1:54 pm

Looks just like the standard room we had in early Nov. Although possibly we had a higher floor.. the deluxe room didn't have the sofa(bed??) just a singled stylish easy chair. Not convinced the higher room was better on that front...
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2021, 2:34 pm

On 5th floor.. Its a family guest room so think that sofa must fold out
DrAJ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.