Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:12 am

Bump

Well I waited a while at least lol
Old Mar 5, 2019, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by writetorich
Any recent stays.
kinda gets very mixed on trip advisor and oyster etic even pre hurricane
$700? Absurd. I realize my review is a couple posts above but I'm sorry, that is highway robbery. Even if this place was up-to-snuff, it lacks the bennies of a true resort with multiple F&B outlets, activities, etc etc. Check out the JW down the road maybe? Or something ocean side? Or gosh at that rate the Ritz Naples is within reach.
Old Apr 19, 2019, 6:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Short update: I dropped by the Hilton the other night and had a chat with the guest relations manager. They have about 170 rooms (of 310 I think?) open and expect to have the rest done by the start of next season (end-Nov 2019). I had a walk around the lower level and the outside terrace. It all looks nice, but certainly well in the 4* camp (the JWM is much nicer.) We had dinner there as it was recommended by a friend. Good if not outstanding food, trying hard to be a little more sophisticated than the beach food offered by many of the restaurants here. Interesting wine list. Dinner for two adults and four children with an ok bottle of wine came to about $450, no a little more expensive than elsewhere. Our waitress was nice but a bit clueless for the place ("Ceviche, how do you pronounce that, is it like Chevy Chase?")

I can understand that rooms may go for $700, but I'd be disappointed if I got there and saw what I was getting for my money.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:19 am

I'm looking at Marco Island in October, and the Hilton is showing $240/night which seems like a good deal to me. Would you guys recommend staying here for 4-5 nights at that rate? The JW up the road is advertising closer to $400/night.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 9:59 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MikeW_ORD
I'm looking at Marco Island in October, and the Hilton is showing $240/night which seems like a good deal to me. Would you guys recommend staying here for 4-5 nights at that rate? The JW up the road is advertising closer to $400/night.
I think thats a pretty good price, but you never know what October might bring to Marco. If you plan to stay on campus, so to speak, Id probably opt for the JWM, but if only sleeping there and using the beach then stay at the Hilton. Not sure that the JWM justifies the markup at those rates.
MikeW_ORD likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I finally made it to this property last week for NYE, after 4-5 years of trying. I got a 5 night stay for 320k points (5 for 4), when the paid rates were north of $600. Marco Island is great, wonderful beach, lots of restaurants. And the weather was impeccable, 80 and sunny every day. The bones of the hotel are good, the rooms are generously sized with each having a balcony or lanai (AFAICT.)

But the execution was lacking. The food service in general, and breakfast in particular, was poor, both the quality of the food and the service. They ran out of plates and various menu options routinely, and the bacon was not editable. And in trying to call the valet to have the car brought up the phone repeatedly went unanswered. The staff members were friendly and seeming to want to accommodate. And it didn't seem like there weren't enough of them. So I concluded it was something in how the team was being managed. Granted it was busy, sold out NYE night- but certainly not a surprise.

Lastly the gym was underwhelming for a place that bills itself as a "resort and spa", a cross over pulley was the only piece of resistance equipment. Hamptons and HGIs routinely have a better setup.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:07 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I finally made it to this property last week for NYE, after 4-5 years of trying. I got a 5 night stay for 320k points (5 for 4), when the paid rates were north of $600. Marco Island is great, wonderful beach, lots of restaurants. And the weather was impeccable, 80 and sunny every day. The bones of the hotel are good, the rooms are generously sized with each having a balcony or lanai (AFAICT.)

But the execution was lacking. The food service in general, and breakfast in particular, was poor, both the quality of the food and the service. They ran out of plates and various menu options routinely, and the bacon was not editable. And in trying to call the valet to have the car brought up the phone repeatedly went unanswered. The staff members were friendly and seeming to want to accommodate. And it didn't seem like there weren't enough of them. So I concluded it was something in how the team was being managed. Granted it was busy, sold out NYE night- but certainly not a surprise.

Lastly the gym was underwhelming for a place that bills itself as a "resort and spa", a cross over pulley was the only piece of resistance equipment. Hamptons and HGIs routinely have a better setup.
I also stayed here for one night a few days before NYE. Agree about the rooms. Disagree about the breakfast. I found it to be quite good, although getting it free as a diamond may have had an influence. Also ate lunch on the deck. I honestly dont remember much about it good or bad, so I would say it was fine. Didnt use valet or gym, so cant comment.
Old Mar 12, 2020, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Going to stay here for 3 nights coming up in a few days. Will report on the Diamond bennies and other amenities....
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Hilton-lifetime diamond, Southwest A+, companion pass
Just after 9/11 my wife and I retired and traveled a lot. As a diamond, I was upgraded frequently. But the most astounding upgrade was at Hilton Marco Island---- booked the cheapest room, which was absurdly inexpensive in the wake of 9/11 ($60/night??). We were upgraded to a huge suite.

Of course that was back when having diamond status had far more impact on the front desk than it does now.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
I've tried 4 booking 4 different set of dates in 2021. It says sold out for each date. Is there something going on with the future prospects / participation of this property?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:58 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nobody2
I've tried 4 booking 4 different set of dates in 2021. It says sold out for each date. Is there something going on with the future prospects / participation of this property?
What dates are you searching? In-season the Hilton MI is very busy. Don't forget that a lot of conventions take place there. Are you looking at cash or points?
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
The hotel says "sold out" for all days past 18 Dec. I just tried the desktop search (previous was using Ap). I tried both 1 night stays and week stays incase there was some minimums stay requirements.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 9:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nobody2
The hotel says "sold out" for all days past 18 Dec. I just tried the desktop search (previous was using Ap). I tried both 1 night stays and week stays incase there was some minimums stay requirements.
I can believe that. Try giving them a call?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:29 pm

We plan on being in the area for MLB spring training in mid March 2021. We booked one night at Hilton for 56K points, no resort fees and 2 free continental breakfast, one king partial ocean view.

Was looking at JWM but it's 85K points and I would have to pay the resort fee.

Marco Prime being right across the street from Hilton is also nice.

Last edited by flyer4512; Nov 16, 2020 at 11:39 am
Old Nov 15, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
We stayed here 3 nights last spring. Honestly one of the better resort experiences we've ever had. Great pool scene, great Diamond brekkie, great views, compact non-sprawling complex. We're coming back sometime!
hockeystl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.