Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:14 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Hilton Marco Island should not be missed

Screwed up flight at RSW last Friday ended up in a great vacation. We opted to go to Marco Island for two nights, booked on points. The staff was superb, the views are breathtaking, the rooms fabulous and the service impecible. I was upgraded to one of the "10" suites (810) which have a full ocean view from every room. The water sports toys were very reasonably priced and we had a blast with a water hammock.

I was so hooked that I am looking into buying into the timeshare there.

This is a dont miss property
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:11 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Is this the same property that is managed by HGVC?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:31 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K
I think I completely misunderstood the title. Good to hear the positive experience!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 3:19 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, UA 1K, DL Gold, AA EXP
I took my parents here last year for a brief 4 day vacation on the beach, and we loved every minute of it. People treated us well, it's a quiet area with not a lot of families and such, plus there's a cool movie theater/dinner place across the street.
Old Apr 2, 2008, 9:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Is this the same property that is managed by HGVC?
The surf club next door is an HGVC property. We stayed at the Hilton Hotel. I am considering time sharing into the HGVC property after discovering this paradise.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 2:36 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by Lehava
The surf club next door is an HGVC property. We stayed at the Hilton Hotel. I am considering time sharing into the HGVC property after discovering this paradise.
As an HGVC member I haven't yet been to any of the gulf coast resorts in Florida (only Orlando and South Beach). I'll have to check it out, it sounds great!

BTW, I absolutely love my HGVC membership.

Last edited by JonathanIT; Apr 3, 2008 at 2:47 am
Old Apr 3, 2008, 7:57 am

Programs: Delta Gold, HH Gold
We are taking a week long family vacation to the beach in May, and so my Mom and I took "scouting" trips to 3 resorts in Florida for a weekend each, and actually found Marco Island our least favorite. We found it very crowded, didn't like having to pay for parking, and weren't so fond of the actual island.

Other resorts sampled were Singer Island which had a more laid-back feel to us and there seemed to be more to do and see around the area, and Longboat Key, which was our final choice for our vacation. Loved the hotel, the beach, and as diamond were given a one-bedroom suite which would be perfect for a week-long vacation.

YMMV
Old Apr 3, 2008, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AC E, HH Diamond
I stayed at this property for a week in November of 2006. While we enjoyed the stay I am in no hurry to go back as I prefer some of the other resorts to the north. The island is a bit dead, at least during that time of the year.

I am surprised to hear that you were upgraded to one of the suites. When I was there I inquired about a diamond upgrade and was essentially told, at the time, that they don't upgrade to suites. I had to fight to get a pool view room.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: HH, Diamond
Has anyone been at the Hilton Marco Island recently and if so, how was your stay?
Old Jan 23, 2009, 7:47 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Have stayed there every November and December for the past three years, and we are never disappointed. The rooms are spacious, the towels and bathrobes are thick, the staff is very pleasant, the pool is lovely, the beach is fabulous. The location is the best on Marco, as there are several good restaurants right across the street, one of which has a comedy club on weekend nights. The same shopping center has a four-screen movie theater and a 7-Eleven.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 2:06 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
We just returned from a reward stay and enjoyed the property very much. Would not hesitate to return. Happy to answer any questions.
Old Feb 23, 2009, 7:25 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
We (my wife, 11, 9 year old and I) just came back from a 6 night reward stay. We really enjoyed ourselves. We liked the hotel, the room, the pool. We also enjoyed the area of Marco Island and the Everglades park nearby. People talk about the Marco Island Marriott as superior, and it did look nice, but the Hilton was also good. I liked that the Hilton was smaller.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 11:20 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
I'll be going to Marco Island in three weeks with my wife and four teenagers. It'll be our first trip to Marco and my first Hilton visit as a Gold (though I'm still waiting on that card!!).

Couple of things. Anything I need to be aware of as a Gold?
Are the fridges minibars, or is there room to store food?
What do you recommend in the Everglades? We've done quite a bit of hiking in other National Parks. Maybe canoeing?

Any ideas on good, casual family dining?

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2009, 5:55 pm

Programs: AMEX, Hyatt, AA
Originally Posted by jrjcopp
I'll be going to Marco Island in three weeks with my wife and four teenagers. It'll be our first trip to Marco and my first Hilton visit as a Gold (though I'm still waiting on that card!!).

Couple of things. Anything I need to be aware of as a Gold?
Are the fridges minibars, or is there room to store food?
What do you recommend in the Everglades? We've done quite a bit of hiking in other National Parks. Maybe canoeing?

Any ideas on good, casual family dining?

Thanks
I think that gold will get you breakfast coupons for continental buffet (anything cold) or you can upgrade to include hot for additional $5. We liked the breakfast buffet.
Fridges have room for food.
In everglades, there is ranger boat tours from gulf coast and a great center called shark valley for seeing birds and gators.
I liked Joey's and Rookie's for good casual dining.
Old Feb 25, 2009, 11:46 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold, Delta Silver, Hyatt Diamond
Gold coupons for continental breakfast buffet. Hot items pay $5 (I believe) upcharge. The rooms have small refrigerators, not mini bars. We found it very convenient to eat in the restaurants (passable, not great) across the street in the shopping plaza as well as the dine-in movie theater in the same plaza.

Although we live in South FL, I really don't have much advice for the Everglades besides the obvious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.