Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort and Spa {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2001, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
[dup deleted]

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 11-25-2001).]
Old Nov 25, 2001, 9:35 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Sweet Willie,

Details of your (fast) fishing trip???
Great trip report, thanks.

bj-21.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 5:05 am

Generally this is a nice property and the views are stunning from the higher floors and the beach very soft. Good report.
Old Nov 26, 2001, 2:41 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by blackjack-21:
Details of your (fast) fishing trip???
</font>
Forgot the details bj-21, if I remember, you had recommended that I go on the fishing trips while in S. FL, WELL worth it, can't thank you enough for the "push".

I did a 1/2 day "back country" fishing trip. Spent some more $ to get the boat to myself.

Started out at 8am and actually headed into the ocean at first. Capt pulled up to a channel marker that green eyed shiners congregate around, he threw a net in and the haul of shiners about filled the bait well. We already had shrimps on board.

On the way back in, you could see mobs of birds above the mackarel running near the surface.

Capt Phil provided me w/a weighted fly and told me to cast towards the birds. Sure enough mackarel on!! In 28 casts, I caught 27 fish, some mackarel, some others. Very fun as I have not fished in awhile, but VERY easy, too easy. (would recommend it if you have kids)

Proceeded into the back country area w/the shallow draft boat.

Tide was just going out, so it was a perfect time to fish.

I would take either a shiner or shrimp and cast it as far under the mangrove branches as possible. Caught about 20+ mangrove snapper, few redfish and few snook. Snooks were my favorite as they really fight, but the redfish and snappers were fun as well.

If we were staying another night in Marco, I would have kept some of the fish and had one of the many restaurants who offer, cook the fish for our lunch/dinner. Capt mentioned he had a widow who lived next to him who could use four of the snappers.

bj-21, I will take your other advice and go into the Lake Ochechobe(sp?) for some big bass.

I had so much fun, I offered to treat my business partner to a S. FL fishing trip if he nails this big account he is working on.

Of course I would have to go as well

here is the website of the charter service I used, Captain Phil was great.

http://sixchutercharters.com/

[This message has been edited by Sweet Willie (edited 11-26-2001).]
Old Nov 26, 2001, 2:47 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by terenz:
Doubt they'll extend anything to me (as Gold VIP)!

Please do send photos to the address in my profile.
</font>
photos sent.

Bring a copy of the Hilton HHonors perks, printed from the website. You should receive an upgrade and breakfast vouchers.
Old Dec 2, 2001, 10:15 am

Marco Island resort

I am thinking of taking my family to the Hilton resort on Marco Island in Florida. Has anybody stayed there that can give input on the property? Is there an Exec Lounge there?
Old Dec 2, 2001, 3:32 pm

I think "Sweet Willie" and his family stayed there recently, and gave a concise trip report here on FT. You might want to search the archives for his information on the hotel, and his trip.

bj-21.

------------------
'Tis better to have played and won, then never to have played at all.

Jeff
Old Dec 3, 2001, 7:37 am
E

tsnap,

I have stayed there as well and posted my trip report...search for MARCO ISLAND and I think you'll find all the info you need.

If you want anything more "in depth" (i.e., restaurants, golf, etc.) then go ahead and Email me privately and I'll give you MY take on the place.

BTW...Marco is definitely worth a family visit!!!
Old Dec 4, 2001, 12:54 am

tsnap,

Try this one, from FT Travel:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travelfr_bc.shtml Then go to Florida section to find thread by SW looking for Marco info, posted on Aug. 16. Topic: Marco Island/SW FL Activities. (You'll have to go back to "show topic for 100 days, at top".)

Hope this helps a bit.

bj-21.

[This message has been edited by blackjack-21 (edited 12-04-2001).]
Old Dec 4, 2001, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just stayed there (on a priceline rate) this weekend. Here's the trip report. I'd be happy to answer specific questions.

[This message has been edited by terenz (edited 12-04-2001).]
Old Dec 5, 2001, 6:59 am

WELCOME TO FLYERTALK tsnap!

AS bj-21 mentions I did have a recent stay there, do a search.

I have some digital photos of the view, pool and beach at the Marco Island Hilton, let me know via email if you would like them sent to you.

Have a great time.
Old Feb 4, 2002, 7:53 pm

Thanks for the report on the Marco Island Hilton. I just reserved a room there for 3 nights at $87.00 a night on the Hilton website. Now I just need to remember to print out the Gold perks.
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hilton Marco Island: new mgmt(?)

Just returned from a 4 day stay at the Hilton Marco Island. The property may have undergone a management (or ownership) change. At any rate, I was given a good room (higher mid level (713) with good view), breakfast coupons and fruit basket amenity with welcome card as a gold, all without asking or expecting (returning visitor on yet another low price bid rate although I think the property does not sell rooms through that site anymore).

Resort fee is now $9/night.

The hotel also gave the parrots that were there since the hotel opened in 1985 to a parrot sanctuary. Nice move rather than to keep them cooped up.
Old Mar 27, 2003, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AA 2MM Miler,Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold
Hilton in Marco Island

Thinking about staying at the Marco Island Hilton for 4 nites in mid May. Rates are about one half of that of the Marco Marriott. Makes me wonder if the hotel is OK or not. Which hotel would anyone recommend the Hilton or the Marriott??
Old Mar 27, 2003, 6:05 pm

I was just there. All the hotels are on the same beachfront strip and it is gorgeous. HUGE expansive beach. Marriott is just overpriced. If you like Marco Island, then go for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.