Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue {US-PA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Philadelphia City Avenue {US-PA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL-Dirt Medallion;US-Cast Iron Preferred; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by justinc848
Part of me thinks that this is just a troll as it's her first post ironically enough.
First, last, only. DFTT.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by FLYGVA
arrived later and even waited for the hotel a few minutes without any problems.
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
Did the hotel eventually show up?
hilarious....
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:49 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
Did the hotel eventually show up?
okay, that's if you think in German and write in English and mix up both languages ...read "in front of" instead "for" ...

and to let you have the fun, I did not correct my original post ....
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:26 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
fine to let the OP know you disagree

not fine to get personal -

thx

squeakr
co Mod HH
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Probably a Priceline reservation.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
You can do whatever you want, but don't you read the terms before you buy something ? (you are probably on an advance rate that's why you can't cancel) Telling the hotel you have to cancel just because someone told you it is a bad area is not a resonable excuse. There are so many sources to find if the area is good or bad, internet sites, travel guides, etc. Being lazy and not doing your homework in advance is bad in your part, not anyone else.

Everyone knows an advance rate cannot be cancelled, your rant is basically useless and people would probably think you are a child or a crying baby.

Oh btw, changing hotels is no difference than cancelling on an advance rate.

I'm very disappointed in the Hilton advance also. My Marine got hurt 21 days before graduation. I tried to change my hotel date from April 14th to a graduation date in May and the refused. Way to support our troops! Everyone I talked with was heartless. Now I can't afford to go see my son graduate!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 12:08 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
You purchased a cheaper advance purchase non-refundable booking. As a veteran I can assure you this has nothing to do with "supporting the troops" or the USMC, as your son will still graduate, and everything to do with being choose in what you purchase.

Now, what have you actually tried? Perhaps you can tell us, and we might be able to suggest an alternative.

Originally Posted by lmcglinn
I'm very disappointed in the Hilton advance also. My Marine got hurt 21 days before graduation. I tried to change my hotel date from April 14th to a graduation date in May and the refused. Way to support our troops! Everyone I talked with was heartless. Now I can't afford to go see my son graduate!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 10:20 am

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Non-refundable has a very simple meaning. Many of us have lost a few bucks because of this and many times saved a few bucks. I noticed those two posters so upset for not getting a refund were first time posters.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Strange how many posters having "Posts: 1" incur so many life upsetting problems.

MisterNice
Old Apr 12, 2010, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by MisterNice
Strange how many posters having "Posts: 1" incur so many life upsetting problems.

MisterNice
very true....
Old Apr 13, 2010, 1:36 pm

Angry my story

My Marine got hurt 21 days before graduation - April 16th. I have called the support line for Hilton numerous times to change my paid room to his new graduation date in May. Between being rude and not returning calls it has been a night mare. Supervisors & managers won't return my calls. They show no support for our troops. If we have to pay for our room again, we can't afford to go. I've told my story to many, many people. there are a lot of Marine and Navy families upset with how I'm being treated. I won't let this go. This is a horrible company!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Marine got hurt 21 days before graduation - April 16th. I have called the support line for Hilton numerous times to change my paid room to his new graduation date in May. Between being rude and not returning calls it has been a night mare. Supervisors & managers won't return my calls. They show no support for our troops. If we have to pay for our room again, we can't afford to go. I've told my story to many, many people. there are a lot of Marine and Navy families upset with how I'm being treated. I won't let this go. This is a horrible company!
ok....send a pm to hhonorsrepresentative & see if she can help you out....she has been very helpful to a lot of people in this forum....
Old Apr 14, 2010, 1:41 pm

I fail to see how you making a non-fundable reservation (and wanting to change it) translates into Hilton not supporting our troops.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by b1513
I fail to see how you making a non-fundable reservation (and wanting to change it) translates into Hilton not supporting our troops.
Have to agree. You took a risk to save money by booking a non-refundable rate. You accepted the conditions. Unfortunately, you do have to live with the consequences of losing the money. This has nothing to do with Hilton not supporting our troops. I'm sorry for your Marine's injury and hope he is better. However, YOU are setting a bad example by not accepting responsibility for your own actions.

If you have any uncertainty at all, book a refundable rate. That's why you pay a little more, to have flexibility. If you are looking at a date very far in the future, it is always better to book a flexible rate. As you have experienced, you never know what can happen.

However, given you don't want to CANCEL, call the hotel directly and see if they will move the reservation date. The hotels are usually easier to work with.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 6:09 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Stay Report

Since the other thread about this property is more about the experience of canceling a non-refundable stay, I thought I posted here

I stayed there back last year, but finally managed to finish my stay report. Overall I was very satisfied with the hotel and would stay there again.

Arrival Date: 20 August 2009
Departure Date: 21 August 2009
Room type booked: 2 Double Beds (got Executive Level)
Rate Plan: Advanced Purchase Rate
Room Number: 0911
Room Rate: 126.75 USD (excl. taxes)

Status of Guest Program: Gold

We arrived in the hotel around 15:15 and parked the car in the driveway. Two bell boy were chatting and watched us with our luggage but did not offer any help. Really good first impression . We approached check in, where one agent was on duty. I was addressed by name. She had to do some research to find a room with two beds which was already ready. While waiting for the call back of housekeeping she told us the breakfast time, prepared the voucher for breakfast and explained the features of the hotel. We did also some small talk about the weather. Overall a very nice experience during check in, friendly and proactive. We even got access to the club lounge on the 12th floor.

The room was designed like the most hotel rooms. You enter the room and found yourself in a small hallway. The bathroom was on the right side and was of small to average seize. It had a bath, toilet and sink. The bathroom was in a really good shape. Bathroom amenities by Crabtree & Evelyne were available, three big, medium and small towels were place on the towels rack or lying around the sink. The showerhead and the shower curtain were okay. I would not have minded, if the the water pressure would have been a bit stronger. .

The room was of medium size with two single beds on the right side and a bedside table between them where a lamp, a phone and the Hilton Signature Alarm clock were placed. Opposite the bed was the Flat TV on a sideboard with a place to store a cooler on request. The desk was placed between window and sideboard. A reading lamp was available as well as another phone .

The air condition was controlled electronically and worked nearly without any draught. The windows could be opened. In front of the window was a lounge chair and in the corner another reading lamp.

The bed was too soft for my taste and again I ask myself why a guest needs four pillows?

Ironing board and iron could be found in the closet.

The design was nice, light brown colours made the room cosy, but it looked a bit packed with all the furniture limiting the space to move around. Furniture was the one you find in may Hilton Hotels in the US, but it was in good conditions. A few scratches and stains every now and there, but nothing really big.

LAN / W-LAN were available for a fee (9.95 USD until noon the same day / 12.95 USD for 24 hours / 19.95 EUR for the entire stay).

The breakfast was served in the restaurant and very good. There is a large selection of fresh and tasty fruit. Also available are cereals, muesli, bircher muesli prepared in small glasses and a selection of different yoghurt. Bagels,croissants, Danish and muffins are available, a small selection of cheese and even salmon. Hashed potatoes, mushroom, sausages, bacon and scrambled eggs are available for self service, while a cook is preparing omelets, waffles or fried eggs. Tea and coffee are brought by restaurant staff as well as orange juice. A wider selection of juices is available at the buffet.

The service of an a-bit-over-the-average-attentiveness.

Check out way good. The invoice was prepared and I was asked if everything was okay. One of the bell boys got our car – we had used valet parking since it is the same price than self parking but has unlimited in and out permission. This time we got help with our luggage.

Overall a nice hotel and the rate was okay. Everything could be reached easily by car and the access to the main road is quite good. I will consider this hotel for a stay, esp. if I have a car. However if I am only going to down town Philadelphia I will think about a more centrally located hotel.

Pictures could be found as usual on my homepage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.