Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
The breakfast at this hotel really is an amazing selection. Top notch.
escape4 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
That structure that they are building in front of the Conrad (which will block the Han river views) is the new Seoul Fairmont 5 star hotel.
Unlike in many other cities of the world, I usually do not shop around much in Seoul, and I book Conrad without second thoughts rather than investigate other options in much depth, either from Marriott, Starwood, Hyatt, or Accor. That is how good Conrad is. But once Fairmont opens I will try it - I think it has potential to be a tough competitor to the great hotel that Conrad is. But that is still at least a couple of years down the road.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:44 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The breakfast at this hotel really is an amazing selection. Top notch.
+1
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National

Current status of the building up front, left side view

View of the Han river, right side view

Panorama via Google Assistant. Composite view of pictures take from my room.

Update regarding the building going up in front of the Conrad. I stayed here last week. It looks like the view will depend on which side of the hotel you'll be on. I was given a river view exec room, on the east/right side of the building. The view is mostly there. From what I recall, the exec lounge has a similar view. The building up front doesn't completely obstruct the river from the lounge.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Amex Plat, IHG PA, and on
My wife and I are making our first trip to Seoul in March and are trying to choose between the Conrad and the IC. I’ve read in this thread that, while awesome, the Conrad is not in the best area for a vacation/leisure trip. Can anyone shed some light on that and help with the decision? Many thanks
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
The huge building being built in front of the Conrad (which will block the Conrad's river views) is supposed to be the new 5 star Fairmont hotel.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
My wife and I are making our first trip to Seoul in March and are trying to choose between the Conrad and the IC. I’ve read in this thread that, while awesome, the Conrad is not in the best area for a vacation/leisure trip. Can anyone shed some light on that and help with the decision? Many thanks
Neither the Conrad nor the ICs (COEX & Parnas) are in an ideal location in tourist terms, as they're both on the south side of the river. For some people that's not an issue but if you want to be in the epicentre of the tourist/sightseeing areas then somewhere like Myeongdong or Namdaemun is the place to be. It's no coincidence that the Millennium Hilton is usually pricier than the Conrad, as its location is considered much better.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by iwannabesedated
Conrad is definitely in a better spot. You can be to downtown Seoul via Line 5 or take a cab 15-20 mins. Line 9 will take you to Gangnam as well. The IC in next to COEX and sort of near Cheongdam but that's about it.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Conrad is definitely in a better spot. You can be to downtown Seoul via Line 5 or take a cab 15-20 mins. Line 9 will take you to Gangnam as well. The IC in next to COEX and sort of near Cheongdam but that's about it.
Also great for the airport bus. Second stop inbound to the hotel, next to last stop outbound to the airport.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Fairmont Premier
On the 70,000 KRW upgrade to the suite, does that apply to award stays? Who do you contact at the hotel? I just booked an award stay for the base room but the NOR1 upgrade to the suite shows a price of 300,000 KRW. 70,000 seems like a bargain if it’s guaranteed upgrade. Thanks for your detailed review!

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Rarely do I ever have the perfect stay. Welcome to the list Conrad Seoul.

As a reminder, they will upgrade a Diamond from ANY room category to a King Corner River Suite for 70,000/night. I had originally booked a King Exec and agreed to the upgrade price. A few weeks before arrival, I noticed the hilton.com rate between the Exec and the suite was far less than 70,000. I e-mailed the director of rooms and said I'd be happy to pay the current rate at hilton.com or can keep the original room booking and see what upgrades might be available on arrival. When I arrived, they asked me to pay the 70,000 and I noted the prior communication I had with the hotel. I again offered to pay the difference in price from hilton.com when I sent the e-mail.... and they just waved it completely and made it a total comp upgrade.

The room is residential in feel and completely comfortable. The electronic panel is the most intuitive I've seen and the lighting buttons on the wall are set up smartly and incredibly easy to navigate. Pocket doors with "quiet shut" keep out the noise and light. Speaking of, FINALLY a hotel with a quality electronic blackout roller shade that comes from the ceiling and not from both sides. You want zero light, this is the room for you. Bathroom has the double vanity, complete shower and tub wet room and an additional oversized makeup mirror. Excellent wifi, easy ethernet connection. Outlets and desk set up in both the living room and bedroom. Mattress has a comfortable topper. Except for the green carpeting, which isn't my taste, this suite has it all. Only complaint is they need a broader TV channel selection.

Only took one breakfast and had it in the lounge, but ample offerings and eggs made to order. I hear the downstairs is exceptional.

Evening reception has three hot dishes, two salads, snacks, cheeses, Penfolds, a white, prosecco, soft drinks, liquor to pout your own drink, two beers. The staff will remember what drink you like and offer to make it for you. As some have noted, this is a local's "sytaycation" spot and the lounge gets over run on weekends. Despite the constant guest and food churn, everything was replaced constantly.

The staff is impeccable in every department:
- Got a walking map from the concierge, Would I like a bottle of water to take with me?
- Have an early check out, Can we fix you some breakfast to go and have it waiting for you?
- Off to catch the limo bus, the bellman would like to give you some cold water for the ride
- Probably got four hand-written notes during my stay
- Two different sweet treats sent to the room
- Without fail, every single time, "Welcome back saaveraward" or "Good afternoon saaveraward" or "how was your day saaveraward"

Everyone at the concierge desk is a star. From pre-arrival through the stay, everything was handled in a thoroughly competent manner and with speed and courtesy.

The mall downstairs has anything you could want and I didn't find it bothersome at all to get a taxi from the hotel (although getting one in Seoul in general is a bit sticky). I preferred to be a little further out and also one of the first/last limo bus stops for convenience. They will also sell you a return ticket and put it on the room bill.

The Han river view is obstructed if you do a left/right look with the construction, but I was assured the guest rooms will not have a blocked view if looking straight on once construction is completed. And no offense, it's not Sydney Harbor or Venice so you're still getting quality water views without missing much. Construction noise was minimal and never woke me (and that's usually a very sore spot for me).

This hotel is up there in best-in-class for me and I think for the first time in at least three years worldwide:

Score 10/10
Old Feb 25, 2019, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by jch636
On the 70,000 KRW upgrade to the suite, does that apply to award stays? Who do you contact at the hotel? I just booked an award stay for the base room but the NOR1 upgrade to the suite shows a price of 300,000 KRW. 70,000 seems like a bargain if it’s guaranteed upgrade. Thanks for your detailed review!

OP here. E-mail the property directly at [email protected] and they will confirm the upgrade and update the reservation immediately. This offer is for Diamond members. Do note, there are 50% off flash sales from time-to-time at this and other Asian properties, so if you're willing to book non-refundable, a cash rate + the upgrade rate may be better for you.

Apologies. I went through e-mails and it's KRW 77,000

Diamond members can get an upgrade to Grand King Corner Suite rooms with extra charge KRW 77,000(include 10% tax) regardless of the booking room type.

Some have reported getting this upgrade without payment so YMMV.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by jch636
On the 70,000 KRW upgrade to the suite, does that apply to award stays? Who do you contact at the hotel? I just booked an award stay for the base room but the NOR1 upgrade to the suite shows a price of 300,000 KRW. 70,000 seems like a bargain if it’s guaranteed upgrade. Thanks for your detailed re
stayed here earlier tbis year in the corner suite...as a comp upgrade and agree completely with your assessment. Although not the in town location, the metro is in the mall attached to the hotel and the park across the street is great for morning walk or run ..it has all kinds of interesting sculptures flowers and military equipment..very eclectic
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Originally Posted by saaveraward
Also great for the airport bus. Second stop inbound to the hotel, next to last stop outbound to the airport.
I assume the bus is for Incheon only? Will be flying into Gimpo (from HND) and staying at the Conrad. Is it easier / faster to take a taxi or the subway? Will be traveling with a 2 year old.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by groovbusta
I assume the bus is for Incheon only? Will be flying into Gimpo (from HND) and staying at the Conrad. Is it easier / faster to take a taxi or the subway? Will be traveling with a 2 year old.
For clarification, yes, I was referring to the Incheon bus. I do not know about Gimpo but I'm sure there's a route map online.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: UA MM *G, NH Plat/SFC, HH Diamond, GE
Just back from a 3 night stay at the Conrad Seoul and had a decent stay, although prob would not stay again.

Pros - easy 20 min taxi ride from Gimpo airport, connected to IFC mall, excellent river views, clean rooms, great blackout blinds
Cons - lots of construction in the area, heavy traffic (I only used taxis), breakfast quality was sub-par, poor bathroom construction fitment, front door/valet service unorganized (luggage not brought up until reminded, no order or control for taxi queue)

While the breakfast selection had a wide variety (western, korean, japanese, chinese), the quality was, in my opinion, poor. Food left under heat lamps for too long and turned stale, soft-boiled eggs that were actually hard-boiled (credit they did make them to order when I pointed it out), fruit that were not fresh and spoiling, warm coffee, etc. The executive lounge breakfast selection was much smaller than downstairs, although prob adequate for business travelers.
tinkerbell78 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.