Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I just had two stays at Conrad Seoul, first one booked 36h before arrival using points, 49K per night. Was upgraded from cheapest room to Executive River View.

Second stay was booked a week in advance for cash but rate was going down and I changed it twice. Was upgraded as above. That's one of the main reasons why I stay here, because upgrade is almost guaranteed.

Service is as good as before, however I noticed that there was some cost cutting comparing to my stay in 2016. Shang Tang is now standard brand of toiletries and you can order Refinery for Men. Aromatherapy and the other brand is not available any more. Other cost cutting: cakes in lounge. Previously there was big choice and they looked great. I'm not big fun of sweets but I just liked the way, they looked. Otherwise, lounge is still good with very great choice of food during evening happy hour. It can get busy on some days.

On first stay I took limo bus from airport and on second I was driving. Self parking is free, however if you can't be bothered to find a space in busy car park, you can use valet for 15K KRW. I think it's decent price comparing to some American properties.

If you're there in spring, you can enjoy walk under cherry trees. They are marked on Conrad map, which you can get from concierge. Official website of festival Yeongdeungpo-gu

I can't compare Conrad to Park Hyatt Seoul but I stayed in Busan Park Hyatt and it was different. Very subtle and luxurious fittings but staff invisible and room wasn't cleaned or toiletries replenished during turn down service.

The building work in front of Conrad has been ongoing for some time and I was surprised that it's still in progress but now looks very busy. High building on the left is reaching 30 floors now and there's low structure in front of Conrad, I don't think it will obstruct the view, see project website. https://archello.com/project/parc-1-yeouido#stories
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:19 pm

Rarely do I ever have the perfect stay. Welcome to the list Conrad Seoul.

As a reminder, they will upgrade a Diamond from ANY room category to a King Corner River Suite for 70,000/night. I had originally booked a King Exec and agreed to the upgrade price. A few weeks before arrival, I noticed the hilton.com rate between the Exec and the suite was far less than 70,000. I e-mailed the director of rooms and said I'd be happy to pay the current rate at hilton.com or can keep the original room booking and see what upgrades might be available on arrival. When I arrived, they asked me to pay the 70,000 and I noted the prior communication I had with the hotel. I again offered to pay the difference in price from hilton.com when I sent the e-mail.... and they just waved it completely and made it a total comp upgrade.

The room is residential in feel and completely comfortable. The electronic panel is the most intuitive I've seen and the lighting buttons on the wall are set up smartly and incredibly easy to navigate. Pocket doors with "quiet shut" keep out the noise and light. Speaking of, FINALLY a hotel with a quality electronic blackout roller shade that comes from the ceiling and not from both sides. You want zero light, this is the room for you. Bathroom has the double vanity, complete shower and tub wet room and an additional oversized makeup mirror. Excellent wifi, easy ethernet connection. Outlets and desk set up in both the living room and bedroom. Mattress has a comfortable topper. Except for the green carpeting, which isn't my taste, this suite has it all. Only complaint is they need a broader TV channel selection.

Only took one breakfast and had it in the lounge, but ample offerings and eggs made to order. I hear the downstairs is exceptional.

Evening reception has three hot dishes, two salads, snacks, cheeses, Penfolds, a white, prosecco, soft drinks, liquor to pout your own drink, two beers. The staff will remember what drink you like and offer to make it for you. As some have noted, this is a local's "sytaycation" spot and the lounge gets over run on weekends. Despite the constant guest and food churn, everything was replaced constantly.

The staff is impeccable in every department:
- Got a walking map from the concierge, Would I like a bottle of water to take with me?
- Have an early check out, Can we fix you some breakfast to go and have it waiting for you?
- Off to catch the limo bus, the bellman would like to give you some cold water for the ride
- Probably got four hand-written notes during my stay
- Two different sweet treats sent to the room
- Without fail, every single time, "Welcome back saaveraward" or "Good afternoon saaveraward" or "how was your day saaveraward"

Everyone at the concierge desk is a star. From pre-arrival through the stay, everything was handled in a thoroughly competent manner and with speed and courtesy.

The mall downstairs has anything you could want and I didn't find it bothersome at all to get a taxi from the hotel (although getting one in Seoul in general is a bit sticky). I preferred to be a little further out and also one of the first/last limo bus stops for convenience. They will also sell you a return ticket and put it on the room bill.

The Han river view is obstructed if you do a left/right look with the construction, but I was assured the guest rooms will not have a blocked view if looking straight on once construction is completed. And no offense, it's not Sydney Harbor or Venice so you're still getting quality water views without missing much. Construction noise was minimal and never woke me (and that's usually a very sore spot for me).

This hotel is up there in best-in-class for me and I think for the first time in at least three years worldwide:

Score 10/10
Old May 8, 2018, 11:55 pm

I'll be staying at the Conrad for 9 nights in June.
I'm a Diamond member

2 questions:

1. is there any place close by to do laundry? I know the hotel can do it, but I'm sure their rates are crazy. Just need a simple laundromat--don't need dry cleaning (all casual clothes, NO suits, etc)

2. How strict are they on the lounge access for kids <12 after 4:30 PM? Both our kids are under 12 (ages 6, 4) so not sure how strictly they will enforce it. They're well behaved and will just sit there and watch a video on the tablet. We've been to lots of Hilton EL's with the kids and never had any problems (even at the Hilton Tokyo and they had absolutely no issues w/our young kids being there).
Old May 9, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by kayexalate
I'll be staying at the Conrad for 9 nights in June.
I'm a Diamond member

2 questions:

1. is there any place close by to do laundry? I know the hotel can do it, but I'm sure their rates are crazy. Just need a simple laundromat--don't need dry cleaning (all casual clothes, NO suits, etc)

2. How strict are they on the lounge access for kids <12 after 4:30 PM? Both our kids are under 12 (ages 6, 4) so not sure how strictly they will enforce it. They're well behaved and will just sit there and watch a video on the tablet. We've been to lots of Hilton EL's with the kids and never had any problems (even at the Hilton Tokyo and they had absolutely no issues w/our young kids being there).
I'll PM you a contact for your question. Laundry is always the biggest challenge of my trips! There may be a cheap delivery service that will do it for you.
Old May 9, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kayexalate
This thread has some information about coin laundries in Seoul -
Self Serive (Coin Operated) Laundry
I'll be there in October so if you discover somewhere close to the Conrad, it will be appreciated if you can add directions in this thread.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 19, 2018, 7:57 am

Programs: American Ex Plat, Avis Presidents, Hertz - Preidents Circle, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hello ..... I am bringing my family of four to the Conrad and we have two rooms reserved. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has stayed recently:

1) My kids are 15 and 17 years old. Do you think they will be allowed in the lounge?
2) We arrive at Gimpo. I will not take the subway with luggage. Would you recommend Taxi or hotel Iimo?
3) I am diamond. Do you think we will have a problem getting breakfast for both rooms?

Thanks!!!!
Old May 20, 2018, 3:02 am

Wont Conrad Seoul auto upgrade a Diamond member to a suite room if available?
Why do Diamond members still have to pay 70,000 krw to upgrade?

Thanks!
Old May 23, 2018, 3:11 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey

The building work in front of Conrad has been ongoing for some time and I was surprised that it's still in progress but now looks very busy. High building on the left is reaching 30 floors now and there's low structure in front of Conrad, I don't think it will obstruct the view, see project website. https://archello.com/project/parc-1-yeouido#stories
It is going to be in progress for quite a while. This is where the Fairmont will be; they expect opening in 2020.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
Breakfast 2 rooms

Originally Posted by travelingbob
Hello ..... I am bringing my family of four to the Conrad and we have two rooms reserved. I have a couple of questions for anyone who has stayed recently:

1) My kids are 15 and 17 years old. Do you think they will be allowed in the lounge?
2) We arrive at Gimpo. I will not take the subway with luggage. Would you recommend Taxi or hotel Iimo?
3) I am diamond. Do you think we will have a problem getting breakfast for both rooms?

Thanks!!!!
same question. Breakfast for 2 rooms as diamond and breakfast for 3rd person in room? I've been lucky in getting this at multiple Conrad's and Hiltons. I've yet to stay at this one. Of course per Diamond policy is not a guaranteed benefit.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
For those of you wondering. Here's a pic i took a few weeks back. If I recall correctly my room was on the 27th floor, corner suite.
monahos likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan
For those of you wondering. Here's a pic i took a few weeks back. If I recall correctly my room was on the 27th floor, corner suite.
Would it be correct to assume the downstream (relative to the Han river, which flows westwards) corner suites' views are now severely impaired, with the bathroom window facing the existing, adjacent, about equally tall OneIFC office tower, the bedroom windows facing the new, to-be ~70F Parc1 tower A, and the living room view only clear upstream?
If that is the case, the 'river view' in their description becomes quite a stretch, calling for the creation of a 'standard corner suite' or such category.
Management undoubtedly knows how undesirable its downstream city view rooms facing the ThreeIFC tower are, as some are used for cabin crew contracts.

Methinks the downstream corner suites will be used as upgrade inventory, with the upstream units designated as executive ones.
I personally would rather stay in a standard-sized river view room rather than a suite staring into office buildings.

The hotel in the Parc1 complex appears to be a standalone building upstream of the shopping mall, and not atop one of the office towers. As its short side faces the river, it will block part of the Conrad's upstream sight lines, but not its straight-ahead river views, as the Hyundai shopping mall fronting the Conrad will be low rise.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz PC, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by monahos
Would it be correct to assume the downstream (relative to the Han river, which flows westwards) corner suites' views are now severely impaired, with the bathroom window facing the existing, adjacent, about equally tall OneIFC office tower, the bedroom windows facing the new, to-be ~70F Parc1 tower A, and the living room view only clear upstream?
If that is the case, the 'river view' in their description becomes quite a stretch, calling for the creation of a 'standard corner suite' or such category.
Management undoubtedly knows how undesirable its downstream city view rooms facing the ThreeIFC tower are, as some are used for cabin crew contracts.

Methinks the downstream corner suites will be used as upgrade inventory, with the upstream units designated as executive ones.
I personally would rather stay in a standard-sized river view room rather than a suite staring into office buildings.

The hotel in the Parc1 complex appears to be a standalone building upstream of the shopping mall, and not atop one of the office towers. As its short side faces the river, it will block part of the Conrad's upstream sight lines, but not its straight-ahead river views, as the Hyundai shopping mall fronting the Conrad will be low rise.
Just to keep this short, yes to everything.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, , Hilton Diamond (from being in a bed), SPG Plat, MR Plat

I will add to the construction photos. This taken from the top floor of IFC Tower 3 just a few days ago.
monahos and StanStorby like this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 12:35 pm

Hi All,

Do Gold members get free breakfast buffet at Zest? I have an upcoming stay this weekend.
Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
That structure that they are building in front of the Conrad (which will block the Han river views) is the new Seoul Fairmont 5 star hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.