Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Old Jun 4, 2017, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
I am a gold member, and booked 2 rooms for November. What are my chances of the 2nd room getting the breakfast benefit too.

Can't wait
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:19 pm

do you get points when booking conrad seoul through visa luxury?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy
The suites are nice, but be aware there are non-executive suites too. Non-executive suites do not grant lounge access.

On another note, does this hotel just not upgrade golds? When I asked about lounge access, I was offered to upgrade for $65, but no gold upgrade.

I think I'm starting to find this is a disappearing benefit, despite being on paper.
Any recent info on treatment of Golds here? I'm considering a stay next summer, and am just starting to think about where we want to be. I'm Gold now, and expect to be next year as well. Lounge access would be a big plus. If no lounge access, any non-lounge breakfast benefit (e.g., voucher/credit, etc?).

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rbw5t
Any recent info on treatment of Golds here? I'm considering a stay next summer, and am just starting to think about where we want to be. I'm Gold now, and expect to be next year as well. Lounge access would be a big plus. If no lounge access, any non-lounge breakfast benefit (e.g., voucher/credit, etc?).

Thanks!
This hotel is very stingy with benefits.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by Aventine
This hotel is very stingy with benefits.
I agree. Even for Diamond members.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I think they make a great effort. An example: they made us to-go breakfasts that were specially set up for us in the reception lobby at 5:45am. No extra charge. Of course the EL is amazing too.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 10:29 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
Originally Posted by DNAwizard
I agree. Even for Diamond members.
Not my experience. As Diamond, we were upgraded to a very large suite, received a cake and wine (or was it champagne?) and snacks in room on arrival, two handwritten notes (one from the manager, one from the lounge manager), lounge staff that made sure I had vegetarian snacks available, breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, housekeeping made a point of finding me each day to see if I needed anything extra for the room, and, in general, just great treatment from the GM on down. Maybe things have changed since April 2016 or we happened to be there when it wasn't sold out (but we checked in the second day of cherry blossom festival right next to the hotel). Spa use was limited, but we were able to use the basic treadmills etc. YMMV.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abaheti
Not my experience. As Diamond, we were upgraded to a very large suite, received a cake and wine (or was it champagne?) and snacks in room on arrival, two handwritten notes (one from the manager, one from the lounge manager), lounge staff that made sure I had vegetarian snacks available, breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, housekeeping made a point of finding me each day to see if I needed anything extra for the room, and, in general, just great treatment from the GM on down. Maybe things have changed since April 2016 or we happened to be there when it wasn't sold out (but we checked in the second day of cherry blossom festival right next to the hotel). Spa use was limited, but we were able to use the basic treadmills etc. YMMV.
That reminds me more of my FS Seoul stay than any Conrad Seoul ones.

I usually get a one category upgrade meaning a slightly larger room and a river view. Lounge staff let me in but don't really show any warmth to me. I've only been in a suite once and that was service recovery. Truly YMMV.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
My example above was just 2 months ago.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold, CAM Card
My one experience here (5/2016) was excellent: one-category upgrade, lounge staff very helpful and friendly, very late check-out given, terrific front desk staff.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by jefftiger
My one experience here (5/2016) was excellent: one-category upgrade, lounge staff very helpful and friendly, very late check-out given, terrific front desk staff.
Forgot to add that we got an exceptionally late check out, far beyond what I could have expected. At checkin, they did offer to upgrade us from our suite to a "mega suite" for a charge, which we declined, but since the suite we got was about the size of my house, I don't know what we would have done in the larger one.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by abaheti
That is very nice.

But not my experience. I received 1 cat upgrade (which is fine) but only after politely asking. I also asked about breakfast and was told it was only in the EL for Diamond members. I politely inquired about breakfast in the restaurant and was told that it was not included for Diamond members. I did not push.

In the room, no note, no cake or wine.

About 30 min later, I received a phone call from someone from the front desk (not the person that had checked us in) indicating that as Diamond members, we were allowed to have breakfast in the restaurant.

As you said, YMMV.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:21 pm

I'm so sorry to hear your experience.

It may or may not matter, but I had emailed ahead to the hotel about the stay, asking about any upgrade opportunities or other perks for Diamond members. Maybe that meant someone made the right notes on our folio?

For breakfast, we prefer restaurants to lounges unless things are crowded; each morning they would ask room number and look down a list to check off before seating us. Truly YMMV -- for all we know the GM has changed and that may mean service has changed. All I can say is that it was one of my better hotel experiences.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DNAwizard
That is very nice.

But not my experience. I received 1 cat upgrade (which is fine) but only after politely asking. I also asked about breakfast and was told it was only in the EL for Diamond members. I politely inquired about breakfast in the restaurant and was told that it was not included for Diamond members. I did not push.

In the room, no note, no cake or wine.

About 30 min later, I received a phone call from someone from the front desk (not the person that had checked us in) indicating that as Diamond members, we were allowed to have breakfast in the restaurant.

As you said, YMMV.
I was told about Diamond breakfast in Zest but no note, fruit, wine or cakes awaited me in the room. I think front desk staff seem to make it up as they go. I arrived late and the Executive Lounge was closed.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond, SPG Gold
4 of us will be reaching ICN at about 0730 and heading straight to the hotel from the airport. What will be our best mode of transportation there?

Airport bus, train or taxi?

Seems like taxi is the better option since there are four of us? Will the boot be big enough for 4 cabin size luggages?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.