Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Hmm, wouldn't that be contradicting their loyalty program? Maybe we can boycott the place.
I'd boycott any other hotel but this one is soooo amazing. And currently the prices aren't even that high. A long weekend in ICN is tempting me.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:35 pm

Several reviews (many recent) of this property report Golds getting Executive Floor upgrades and rave reviews of their access to the Executive Lounges. So it sounds like Golds can get Executive Floor access upon availability. Even one reviewer mentioned that while he was not upgraded to the Executive Floor he was still able to take his Gold free breakfast in the Executive Lounge.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: United
Conrad Seoul HH elite (mostly for gold) upgrade success

after some initial search, it looks like there is some conflicting information on HH elites (especially gold - it looks like most diamonds received upgrades) upgrade to the executive floor and use the EL. i just wanted to start a thread to see what people have experienced at the conrad in seoul since its opening last year. please post your HH status, check-in date, booked room, if you were upgraded to the EF or given access to use EL.

Gold, 1/18/2012, deluxe room, no upgrade given
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:11 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
OK, I'll check in May 1st, so let's see then.

But how was it otherwise?!?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
All the threads on other Asian Conrad hotels (Tokyo, HK and Singapore) seem to support the fact that Gold members do not get much of an upgrade. Curious to hear if Seoul Conrad is any different.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: United
well, thats not true based on my experience. i stayed at the conrad hkg (deluxe to junior suite) and conrad sin (deluxe to executive floor). thus im interested in finding out about the conrad seoul. i understand that it is based on availability and its really not fair comparing one property to another on different dates, etc.
Old May 2, 2013, 9:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Spent the last night there. Booked King Deluxe Room, was given King Premium Room and option (70.000 won) to King Premium Corner Suite. Grabbed this, what an amazing room.

Everything looked still brand new, and the views were magnificient. Was given EL access, but we decided to have the breakfast in the Zest restaurant. Really good selection of Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Western foods. Very good juice selection. My only complaint was that I didn't like the coffee very much. Oh no, that is not my only complaint. NO BEARS, NO NOTHING! Well, we did get the rubber duck.
Old May 2, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by SPBanker
Spent the last night there. Booked King Deluxe Room, was given King Premium Room and option (70.000 won) to King Premium Corner Suite. Grabbed this, what an amazing room.

Everything looked still brand new, and the views were magnificient. Was given EL access, but we decided to have the breakfast in the Zest restaurant. Really good selection of Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Western foods. Very good juice selection. My only complaint was that I didn't like the coffee very much. Oh no, that is not my only complaint. NO BEARS, NO NOTHING! Well, we did get the rubber duck.
I liked the coffee.

As for the bear, I did get one but it was hand delivered to the room shortly after check-in rather than laying on the bed. Maybe they just missed you.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by Karter
As for the bear, I did get one but it was hand delivered to the room shortly after check-in rather than laying on the bed. Maybe they just missed you.
Oh, I asked for it! ("For the kids", y'know.) They said they manufactured them for the opening, but have since run out.
Old May 3, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Conrad Seoul

As a Gold did not get Exec Club access. Had the breaky in 'main' restaurant
And it was very good
Old May 3, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
I remember there was a bear, but it is the same as Conrad HK bear. I already got too many so I didn't take it home. The duck went home with me, it was a scuba duck, very cute.
Old May 17, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
At Conrad Seoul now checking out on 21st

Hi if any flyer talkers are here now, let me know. We just arrived and as a diamond we got exec lounge access which had lots so food and drink choices for the 5-7 happy hour. The technology iand rooms are great. In our suite we had three TVA including one in the mirror above the sinks. Beautiful views of Han river and skyline from the lounge. We received chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours as a welcome gift. Look forward to exploring hotel more after a good night's sleep.

Cheers, Mary Anne
Old May 18, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by silver springer
Hi if any flyer talkers are here now, let me know. We just arrived and as a diamond we got exec lounge access which had lots so food and drink choices for the 5-7 happy hour. The technology iand rooms are great. In our suite we had three TVA including one in the mirror above the sinks. Beautiful views of Han river and skyline from the lounge. We received chocolate covered strawberries and petit fours as a welcome gift. Look forward to exploring hotel more after a good night's sleep.

Cheers, Mary Anne
Funnily enough I am staying here right now. Check out tomorrow. Gold, but paid to get lounge access. Is it worth it? Probably not, but it is one the best lounges I have been to.
Old May 20, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
More on hotel

This hotel is one of the nicest I have stayed at, both in terms of service and the facility itself. Of course the hotel is new, but the layout, furniture and technology is great. Our suite has a control panel in each room that operates lights, blinds, alarm etc. I already mentioned the tv in bathroom mirror but both toilets are Japanese wash lets.
I don't know how they do it but staff addresses us by name. The concierge team is great, we have worked mostly with Katie and Shepherd who booked tours, the Nanta show and researched where to buy Korean masks.
If on the exec floor you can have breakfast in the zest buffet restaurant in addition to lounge. Zest is the best choice as it is an international buffet with Korean, Chinese, Japanese and western choices. As others have mentioned, the evening drinks and appetizers from 5-7 is the best spread I have seen at any Hilton lounge. We still need to try the pool and gym.
Location is on Yeoouida the manhattan of Seoul. It is a bit away from downtown but the cabs are cheap about $6-9 for two. Be sure to get a regular cab,which is orange,as the other types cost more. The best way to and from the airport is the 6030 bus which stops at the Conrad and costs 15000 won per person cash each way and takes an hour.
For the ladies be sure to check out the great Korean cosmetics in myeong-Deong, also in the 3 duty free floors of Lotte department store, bring your passport.
Mary Anne
Old May 20, 2013, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Thanks Mary Anne for this thorough review.

Can I ask if you booked the suite or got upgraded to one? 1 king or 2 beds?

Enjoy your stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.