Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Old Dec 21, 2012, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by Karter
At the Conrad Seoul now. Whatever was wrong to create all those horrible tripadvisor reviews is a complete mystery to me. This place is fantastic.

Exec Lounge - the best I've ever been in of any Conrad or Hilton. Very spacious, elegant but understated decor, attentive and friendly staff, and sweeping views of the river and city from three sides. The breakfast selection is the best spread I've seen, somewhat on par with Conrad Bangkok but a bit better quality. There's a choice of seven hot items, myriad pastries, cereals and cold cuts, plus they'll do you eggs if you ask. For the evening reception, 5-7 p.m., there's a choice of four hot dishes, five desserts, and plenty of cold starters, nuts, crisps etc. Last night the hot choices were fried prawns (katsu breading), chicken yakitori skewers, spicy chicken wings, and ?? (I forgot); tonight it was lemon prawn skewers, pulled pork sandwiches, fried dim sum, and lamb kebabs. I would have liked more Korean choices but at least there's Korean rice cakes and porridge at breakfast. Four types of red wine, two whites, and one champagne. Table service or help yourself.

Gym - again, the best, just a step under the Hilton Warsaw (but theirs is a Holmes Place that is very obviously open to the public). All brand new Precor machines, a huge selection, free bottles of water on hand, and great views out the window. The pool is lovely but not huge, and there's a small jjimjilbang / sauna available. It costs extra (but Diamonds at least get it comped).

Location - I really like it. The other Hilton hotels I've stayed at in Seoul, as well as the W, require shuttle buses just to get anywhere. So while there's nothing to see in the immediate area, that's also pretty much the case at the others. However, Yeouido is well placed for ease of getting around Seoul. The hotel is connected to a brand new mall, which itself is connected to the metro (lines 5 and 9).

Room - All very clean and new, the apple style TV is cool, the bed's comfy, the wardrobe's quite spacious, the bathtub is big enough for two, and the shower's big enough for three On the first night we got a free full-size bottle of red plus a tray of chocolates and sesame snaps - I assume a diamond benefit.

I don't get why people were complaining about the tech issues - either there were problems that have all been fixed or these people just couldn't cope with a bit of technology. There's nothing to be afraid of really - it's all pretty intuitive and user-friendly to me - but I suppose it may be hard for some to get used to turning down blinds, turning off lights, and ordering room cleaning on a hand-held touchscreen device.

Also, just now before posting the 'Director of Rooms' came over and introduced himself, gave me his card and enquired if I was happy with my room, my stay, etc. Very friendly, sincere, and personal. Impressive hotel in every way. ^^
Agree

The gym is AMAZING. Best Hotel Gym. I thought W Barcelona had a good gym but this is on another level.

had a great stay and Breakfast was pretty good too^
Old Dec 24, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hilton C, Marriott Pt, Delta Pt
I'm jealous. As soon as I rack up enough Delta miles, we're heading to Seoul. Hopefully very soon.

Just a few questions...
1. Room upgrades. Can you share your experience if you had received any room upgrade? I'm taking my family of 4 and we could use a bigger room. Although we won't have a problem with a regular 2Q room as our kids are still young, the extra space would be nice.

2. Executive lounge. Does it open over the weekend? I'm planning to stay there for 3 weeks so it would be great if we could save a few Wons on breakfast.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Not sure you will find many people with more than one stay, the hotel just opened.

If you book a double queen room expect the extra space to be smaller. Our King room had a separate sofa, which I assume will be gone if the second bed comes in. Not sure about upgrades to Suites, i would not bet on it.

Exec Lounge will be open also on the weekend, which will be good thing for breakfast AND afternoon snacks/drinks
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:48 am

Conrad Seoul

Have to say that the Conrad Seoul almost felt like being in a M Oriental. Has a great feel to it
Old Dec 25, 2012, 3:22 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
For those considering this new hotel that haven't seen the trip report posted recently...you may find this post and the associated pictures of great interest...

BA Excursion to Seoul Trip Report post on Conrad Seoul

Looks a great place and the exec lounge seems to be very nice indeed...

I am very jealous indeed....although I didn't do too badly in another hotel myself on that trip

Hope the pictures and review CreativeBill wrote are of use and interest. @:-)
Old Dec 25, 2012, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by flyertalk77
I'm jealous. As soon as I rack up enough Delta miles, we're heading to Seoul. Hopefully very soon.

Just a few questions...
1. Room upgrades. Can you share your experience if you had received any room upgrade? I'm taking my family of 4 and we could use a bigger room. Although we won't have a problem with a regular 2Q room as our kids are still young, the extra space would be nice.

2. Executive lounge. Does it open over the weekend? I'm planning to stay there for 3 weeks so it would be great if we could save a few Wons on breakfast.
1. I booked the deluxe twin for 2 weekend nights. As a gold I was upgraded to a superior room at check in. I asked whether an executive room was available and after some backroom discussion this was granted. I had a feeling if it had been a weeknight this better upgrade might have been declined as this is very much a business hotel. I chatted to a Diamond in the executive lounge and he had been upgraded to an executive room from a deluxe room without asking. After some persuasion at check-in he was upgraded to a suite and again he was there for 2 weekend nights only. A three week upgrade might present a bit of a challenge.

2. I was there for the weekend and the lounge is open all day to 11pm.

The hotel is very upscale. I was politely advised open toed footwear was not part of the dress code for the executive lounge
Old Dec 26, 2012, 4:24 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I heard that Golds do not get executive lounge upgrades, only Diamonds. I'm not sure if that's "allowed" or not to not upgrade when not full.

I arrived at the Conrad Seoul on a Wednesday and the lounge was very quiet until the weekend. On Saturday night the lounge was packed, Sunday morning too. So it seems that people are staying there for leisure too, and on my trip, it was very much a leisure crowd.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 7:50 am

Conrad Seoul

Golds do not get Exec Club access
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:59 am

We are going to be in Seoul in June. I have been looking at the 3 Hilton hotels, and thinking of either the Millenium or the Conrad. I did some quick pricing and noticed that the Millenium (and the Grand) has 20% taxes, while the Conrad has 10% taxes. I read that most hotels will charge 20% taxes on top of room rates. Does anyone know why the Conrad charges less? (I guess because it is new?) This makes the all-in-cost at the Conrad less expensive than that at the Millenium (W328K vs W424K). Been reading reviews on both - and the Conrad is fairly new so there are not many reviews yet.

Another question: Should I book now, or wait for (possibly) a new promo from Hilton in the next few months? I realise that June is spring / summer so there may not be any cheap deal?

Thanks for any suggestion.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by terminalfive
Golds do not get Exec Club access

Is this 100% correct? I've gotten lounge access as a Gold as Conrad HK, Toyko, Indy, and Singapore. Why is Seoul different? Staying there in a month and I want to be sure.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by CHSDOC
Is this 100% correct? I've gotten lounge access as a Gold as Conrad HK, Toyko, Indy, and Singapore. Why is Seoul different? Staying there in a month and I want to be sure.
Well various people have confirmed this and I made a point to ask a member of staff when I was there. I don't have it in writing though. Besides, as a Diamond I can't remember the last time I got a 'real' upgrade, i.e. a suite, even though we are apparently entitled. Each hotel makes up their own rules it seems.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Well various people have confirmed this and I made a point to ask a member of staff when I was there. I don't have it in writing though. Besides, as a Diamond I can't remember the last time I got a 'real' upgrade, i.e. a suite, even though we are apparently entitled. Each hotel makes up their own rules it seems.
Gold members do not get lounge access unless they get upgraded to Executive floor or a Room that confers Executive Lounge access. It's in the T&Cs. Only Diamond members get lounge access regardless whether they were upgraded or not.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:52 am
alc

Besides, as a Diamond I can't remember the last time I got a 'real' upgrade, i.e. a suite, even though we are apparently entitled.
I can confirm this as my "Upgraded" room has the exact same layout as my 2 relatives that got the "Normal" room. The only different was that I am on the Exec Floor with access to the lounge. But I do have to say that since my room is on a higher floor, the view is a "little" bit better, as I can see over the top of other building.

On another note, we (wife, 5yr, and myself) missed the airport bus by a few min and end up taking a taxi. Which end up cheaper than taking the bus. It was Saturaday morning at 10am.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Gold members do not get lounge access unless they get upgraded to Executive floor or a Room that confers Executive Lounge access. It's in the T&Cs. Only Diamond members get lounge access regardless whether they were upgraded or not.
But the point is that the Conrad Seoul staff are saying that Golds will not be upgraded to a room on the exec floor either regardless of availability, i.e. they cannot have lounge access no matter what.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
But the point is that the Conrad Seoul staff are saying that Golds will not be upgraded to a room on the exec floor either regardless of availability, i.e. they cannot have lounge access no matter what.
Hmm, wouldn't that be contradicting their loyalty program? Maybe we can boycott the place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.