Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Seoul {KOR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:24 pm
Suspended

Hello FTers,

May I know if any Diamonds have stayed here recently? Are they still offering Diamonda a choice of breakfast in the restaurant or lounge? Thanks a lot
Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kikid
Hello FTers,

May I know if any Diamonds have stayed here recently? Are they still offering Diamonda a choice of breakfast in the restaurant or lounge? Thanks a lot
Yes, they give Diamonds the option. Definitely would do downstairs though, given the much vaster selection of choices.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 3:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I can confirm the above, both that Diamonds get breakfast in both places, and that breakfast in the lobby is the better choice ^
Old Apr 24, 2016, 2:07 am
Suspended

Thank you so much, teemuflyer and CMK10.
For a diamond member, do you remember any upgrade to a suite at this hotel?
Thank you again!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Thank you again!
I was there during the Valentine's Day weekend, so all suites seemed to be spoken for. Not sure what the suite upgrade chances for Diamonds are during more normal times..
Old Apr 24, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Thank you again!
If you stay here during a weekend, that will be tough imho. Its popular for the locals to do a "staycation" here on weekends. The upgrade I got was an executive river view room, which was pretty good and spacious. In regards to breakfast, if you're here during a weekend stay you should head early for the restaurant breakfast. The place gets packed after 9am. Friends and I went before 9am and easily got a table for four. When we went out, I believe the wait was around 15-20 min.
Old Apr 24, 2016, 3:57 pm

Yes, and it was lovely.

Thank you again!
Old Apr 24, 2016, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Thank you again!
I think a suite upgrade is possible, but really depends on availability. Out of ~ 16 rooms on each floor, 12 are river view and amongst them 1-2 are suites IIRC. All the river view rooms are quite nice and I am sure HH diamond will at least be given a river view room.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 11:59 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm afraid that I can't speak to upgrades as I actually booked a suite for myself. I do wish you the best of luck though!
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Thank you, every one, for your nice inputs!!
Old May 23, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
Originally Posted by CMK10
I can confirm the above, both that Diamonds get breakfast in both places, and that breakfast in the lobby is the better choice ^
I am a status match diamond (through legit top tier status in another program) and I was NOT given the choice for breakfast. I even called to confirm and was told Executive lounge only for me.
Old May 24, 2016, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Kendryk
I am a status match diamond (through legit top tier status in another program) and I was NOT given the choice for breakfast. I even called to confirm and was told Executive lounge only for me.
That's very strange to hear, when you called in did they confirm it was because you were status matched?
Old May 24, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: Amex Plat CAN
Originally Posted by CMK10
That's very strange to hear, when you called in did they confirm it was because you were status matched?
To clarify, I was already checked into the room and had forgotten to ask at check in. I dialed 0 to ask and mentioned that I was Hhonors diamond. They just said I could not go to Zest. No reason given.

Did not pursue further as I'm traveling with my parents, and I booked them into an exec room so we could only have breakfast together in the lounge anyway. Just wanted to see if I could go to Zest one of the mornings that I'm here to compare.

I'm also not getting a very good experience so far. Turndown service has been missed for both my parents' room and my own room, so I had to call for the bottles of water. Housekeeping has been inconsistent with towels being left in a box in the washroom. Nobody asks us what our plans are or engages in conversation with us in the lounge. The service overall feels cold, impersonal, and rehearsed. The best part of the experience so far are the bell hops, who have been great with assisting us with giving directions to the taxi drivers, luggage handling, etc.

I will try to speak with a manager to highlight some areas of improvement. If I do manage to speak to one, I will ask whether being a status match diamond has anything to do with not getting breakfast at Zest.
Old May 24, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Originally Posted by Kendryk
I'm also not getting a very good experience so far. Turndown service has been missed for both my parents' room and my own room, so I had to call for the bottles of water. Housekeeping has been inconsistent with towels being left in a box in the washroom. Nobody asks us what our plans are or engages in conversation with us in the lounge. The service overall feels cold, impersonal, and rehearsed. The best part of the experience so far are the bell hops, who have been great with assisting us with giving directions to the taxi drivers, luggage handling, etc.

I will try to speak with a manager to highlight some areas of improvement. If I do manage to speak to one, I will ask whether being a status match diamond has anything to do with not getting breakfast at Zest.
I had the opposite experience during my stay this past fall. Housekeeping was consistent with room needs. Were you checked-in at the executive lounge? The Exec lounge agent who checked me in remembered me by name and asked about my stay every time I headed to the lounge. She even apologized for not having the welcome note ready when I checked in. I thought the service was very friendly.

They even did a couple of extra things, which I thought were nice. Due to a schedule change, I requested to drop off my bags and instead they let me check in, at 11am. They comped a third guest I had brought with me to breakfast one morning. When I asked for a Conrad bear, I was informed to they had ran out but the staff was able to find one right before I stepped into the elevator.

Your experience sounds more like my stay at the Conrad Tokyo, minus the housekeeping inconsistencies. I do hope it turned out better for you. Personally, I rate the Conrad Seoul slightly higher than Conrad Tokyo due to staff interaction. I will say that the one of the directors seems to be proactive in service matters, based on my communication with him.
Old May 25, 2016, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Gradfly
Personally, I rate the Conrad Seoul slightly higher than Conrad Tokyo due to staff interaction
That is how I feel as well, and is IMHO the Conrad Tokyo's main shortcoming; certainly not a national trait as the Japanese can be and often are extremely good at it.
The lounge staff at the Conrad Seoul has always been discreetly caring and pleasantly courteous to me, more so than the harried lobby crew, which logically appear more efficient than serene.

On the subject of bears, I get the feeling that, as Conrads have multiplied over the years, the automatic stuffed animal awaiting on the bed is getting quietly dropped, perhaps as repeat guests start not taking them home anymore? I never got or thought of requesting one at this specific property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.