Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ecuador {ECU}

DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Ecuador {ECU}

Old Jun 23, 2007, 4:35 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
I stayed at the Hilton GYE in December..i did Not recieve an upgrade..Man..that place is SCARY..guards with machine guns at hotel..i didnt feel safe..
Old Jun 23, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
We stayed at the Hampton GYE a couple of years ago. As a Gold, I received an upgrade to a nice-sized room. It was in back, away from the street noise. The breakfast was fine, too. Downtown, but there is free transport from the airport and it's only about 20 minutes away.

The neighborhood is ok during daylight hours, but gets dicey about 4-6 blocks away. I wouldn't walk at night.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 12:51 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
The neighborhood around the Hilton in UIO is, according to Lonely Planet, quite dangerous and taking cabs even 1-2 blocks is recommended--that was written in 2005.
Now, when we were there last week, I was amazed to see busy, crowded streets into late nights, with lots of activity at bars and restaurants and night clubs nearby. Still, the 2-3 blocks nearest the hotel weren't that great, but it seems the Mariscal neighborhood is really improving quickly! Dozens of new restaurants and bars, and also they had an opera performance on Saturday night at 9pm, where they set up a stage and closed the road, for us to watch! A nice surprise.
Old Jun 24, 2007, 6:05 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA Platinum
We stayed in the Hilton GYE last December over the holidays and received a nice upgraded room. As I recall there was a good selection of food in the Executive Lounge for both breakfast and in the evening. The staff was very friendly. We didn't feel unsafe at all.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 4:40 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Hilton Guayaquil

Any recent stays at this Hilton property?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.