Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Budapest (near Castle) {HUN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Budapest (near Castle) {HUN}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Does anyone have experience of being upgraded to lounge access as Gold. We value lounge access a lot, but I'll be dropping back to Gold and wondering if I should book higher than the base room in order to have a better chance at upgrade.

Alternatively, does this property offer good upsells at checkin?
Hello,

as HHG, a few years ago, I was upgraded in all my stays except once, but very few times I am in Budapest in high season.

Regarding upsells, I remember seeing it at the other Hilton property in Budapest, Hilton City Budapest, but not sure in the one next to the Castle.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Does anyone have experience of being upgraded to lounge access as Gold. We value lounge access a lot, but I'll be dropping back to Gold and wondering if I should book higher than the base room in order to have a better chance at upgrade.

Alternatively, does this property offer good upsells at checkin?
I was upgraded to the lounge floor as a HH Gold for a stay in October 2016. It was offered proactively at check in. They also delivered a delicious welcome dessert to my room. I enjoyed the lounge for breakfast, and would sometimes get a coffee and snack there in the afternoon. I never made it to an evening reception, but walked through and it looked nice. Staff in the lounge are really helpful with checking out, or with tips about the city. I loved my stay at this hotel. Good luck!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Thanks for the replies. Seems like a good chance and we'll give it a try.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta PM, UA Silver, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres
Hilton Budapest - Greetings from Tibor

Many of you who have stayed at Hilton Budapest know Tibor, the attendant in the executive lounge. I had the pleasure of meeting him several years ago and just returned State-side from a great week in Budapest.

Tibor is still fabulous, still providing excellent service. He asked me to tell all of his Flyer Talk fans that he sends his greetings! He also asked that I share he plans to retire in two years, so if you want to see him (or meet him) now is the time!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:40 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
He's been retiring for years !

By the way, there's an existing thread on the Hilton Budapest Castle where over 50 posts talk about Mr. Tibor (and where this thread needs to go)
Old Aug 9, 2017, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Hi, any recent experience of Diamond upgrades?

I usually stay at the Hilton City, but this time the rate was so much better up on the hill, that I took it.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Hi, any recent experience of Diamond upgrades?

I usually stay at the Hilton City, but this time the rate was so much better up on the hill, that I took it.
In my last 2 visits they have given me an ER with river/Pest view. Both bookings were for Standard King size bed room, one was a c+p rate and the other one a cash rate.

I have stayed in this hotel 14/15 times over the years and never before I had received a room with a view, only the classic ER.

Good luck!
Old Aug 12, 2017, 10:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just completed a two night stay. "Premium award" for a Superior Danube Riverview" at only 48k per night, upgraded to Executive Riverview a couple days in advance. This was a great redemption (particularly with taxes @20% of room rate). The renovated rooms are very nice, and the A/C was able to handle the brutal heat (which finally broke yesterday afternoon).

Overall, I think I prefer the location and service at the Boscolo, but this is an excellent property with stunning views and one of the better lounges in the entire Hilton system.

Overall I don't think I'd go back to Budapest in August. Tour buses everywhere and the natives don't seem very happy with their city's ever increasing popularity.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:31 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Excellent property

Hilton Budapest

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hilton Budapest

Hess A Ter 1-3 Budapest, Hungary HU H- 1014

Excellent property (2 Photos)

Hilton Budapest

I was in Budapest for the Christmas markets and a week-end city break. Due to the excellent feedback on this thread I choose the Hilton Budapest and pay partly with points to reduce the rates.

Check In

Check-in was efficient: I was upgraded from a Superior to an Executive Room, given a voucher for premium Wifi valid for the entire stay and given the key to my room. The staff was customer oriented, proposed to help me with my luggages and showed me the way to the elevators. 

Note that the main elevators do not work currently and that the one at the far end of the hotel must be used. 

Room

20171216_182325.jpg20171216_182257.jpg

The room was well appointed, large enough and clean. The only problem I would mention is the lack of overhead lamps, which means it was rather dark. But there was a reading lamp by the chair so overall so not a problem for evening reading. 

I was offered some chocolates as a welcome gift, plus the regular two bottles of water. 

The bathroom had both a shower cubicle and a bathtub. The cubicle did not had a sliding door, just a fixed glass closing only 2/3. Thus water going out of the shower, not too much though. 

Service

Service in the lounge and by the reception was excellent. I was quite impressed by the lounge, the happy hour was excellent for an hotel in Europe: charcuterie (different every day), hot dishes, canapes, cheeses. I did not check the alcohol selection so can not comment on this.

For those wanting news about Tibor, he was not working the days I was there.

I took breakfast in the restaurant. I had a quick look at the lounge offering and it is a reduced one compared to downstair. The breakfast was also excellent but service less so: my first morning nobody proposed me coffee. Also there are no omelette made to order station. I also found the restaurant to have a canteen like atmosphere. I think this is due to the bright lighting and the way the tables are arranged, in neat lines. 

Surprisingly, there was no turn-down service. 

The hotel is superb, right in the middle of Castle Hill with historical monuments nearby. For those going from/to town, bus 16 to Deak Ferenc Ter is every few minutes, ticket is 350 HUF. From Deak Ferenc Ter bus 100 goes to the airport. 

Walking to Chain Bridge takes 15 minutes, using the stairs going through the park south of the Castle. 

There are plenty of restaurants around the hotel, a post office and a grocery store nearby. 

Overall

The Hilton Budapest is an excellent property on all front. I would happily stay there again if I need to go back to Budapest and the area is convenient for me. 

Excellent property

Would you like to write a review on the Hilton Budapest?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 23, 2018, 7:15 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Stay Report: Hilton Budapest Executive Room Featuring Executive Lounge

Hilton Budapest
sebseb and wizla like this.

Last edited by Konismarck; Jun 3, 2018 at 9:53 am
Old Feb 23, 2018, 3:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Konismarck
I accidentally get into a "fake" taxi as he the same yellow colour body as all the others, however the driver insisted me taking out cash on the way at an ATM instead of using the POS machine. In the end I paid him 15 000 Hungarian forints, which was an equivalent of near 50 Euros. To be fair, it was quiet a long distance to the hotel, but in a country like Hungary, it surely seemed a bit over-priced.
Rip off. Not uncommon. Fare should have been in the 7.5k HUF range. I took the Hilton's hotel car (Mercedes S class) last visit and it was something like 20k.

Originally Posted by Konismarck
This Hilton property is definitely the ideal choice when visiting Budapest,
The location has its charms, but I prefer staying on the Pest side in a more central (and transit friendly) location.
Konismarck likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Accor Silver
If you look out the hotel windows towards the river, our apartment is at the bottom of the hill. Taxi rates are as @Kacee stated for that distance.

If you return, the official taxi vendor is in a well signed booth outside arrivals. We have used them many times over the years and rates are as advertised and we have always used a credit card in the taxi.

We are watching the renovation from our apartment; construction elevator, workers on the roof at times, and coverings over some of the windows. We have stayed at this property before and are waiting for the renovation to finish to enjoy another visit.

Thanks for the report!
Konismarck likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
I can confirm that Hilton Budapest Castle executive lounge is one of the best in Europe: stylish environment, wonderful views over the Danube and full spread for dinner in the evening.
Konismarck likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Eurobonus Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Gold
I've stayed at this hotel close to 10 times in the last 2 years. It's one of my favorite hotels in the world, and I'm lucky to have Budapest as my most frequent work travel destination. My taxi from the airport is usually around 9-10k HUF and then 10-11k HUF back to the airport using the official taxi stand at the airport and the Budapest Taxi app on the way back.

On my most recent stay, I had my wife and 8 month old with and asked before arrival if I could try one of the Loft rooms. Usually I get a Danube-facing room on the 3rd or 4th floor. I was happily surprised they were able to accommodate my request, largely because I am here often I suspect.

I've found the staff to be incredibly helpful, among the best at any Hilton. They are friendly and often one step ahead of what a might need. That's especially true in the lounge.

The dinner spread in the lounge is easily enough for a proper meal and quite high quality. My wife ate there all 4 nights last week while I had work meetings in the evening and she didn't complain, so that is saying something!

To my mind, the rooms are among the better-designed in any hotel I've stayed. I don't mean that in terms of interior design, but rather logical and functional design for travelers.

It's not a perfect hotel. Such a thing doesn't exist. It is a rare one though where I actually look forward to my stays thanks to the hospitable staff, great views, and nice rooms.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Reporting on recent 1-night stay. Booked King Guest, upgraded to King Executive, facing the street due to the renovations ongoing affecting most of the Danube facing rooms. One of the most beautiful Hilton room I've ever stayed in, and by far the best outside Asia. Everything is designed so beautifully, yet so functionally brilliantly, from power sockets, to glass cabinet to the warmed bathroom mirror.

The executive lounge is also one of the biggest and most beautiful I've ever seen and the evening spread can easily make a full meal. Breakfast downstairs is comprehensive, including Chinese options, waffles, etc. The location is amazing for a holiday trip!
GoldenItalianBoy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.