Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:07 am

Programs: UA and HH
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_4 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B350 Safari/8536.25)

No suite upgrade at Conrad Hong Kong on July 12 for 1 night.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 2:21 am
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
Originally Posted by ILovetheReds
No suite at SF financial district. They also give lounge access to all gold's and the lounge was packed this morning and they wouldn't give me certificates for the restaurant. At least the SF Union Square will give diamonds a full breakfast buffet and Starbuck's vouchers
Next time there's an hour to two hour wait at my favourite restaurant, I'll demand that they accommodate me elsewhere...
Old Jul 12, 2013, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
No suite at SF financial district. They also give lounge access to all gold's and the lounge was packed this morning and they wouldn't give me certificates for the restaurant. At least the SF Union Square will give diamonds a full breakfast buffet and Starbuck's vouchers
I would complain about the lounge to the diamond desk and also leave a negative review on TA. That's absurd when you can't find a seat for breakfast in a hotel lounge because they are allowing giving access to a bunch of people that have no business having the access. A hotel isn't going to change their policy if no one complains.

I have never heard of a hotel giving restaraunt vouchers before in this case but when I have complained at the Palmer House in Chicago about the lounge overcrowding I have managed to get 2 free drink coupons. I appreciate having 2 $15 martinis but would rather have a place to sit at for breakfast.

Good to know that O'Farrel is giving a full breakfast now. I always thought the cont. breakfast in the bar was very good and it was nice having the vouchers for SB later for a coffee and I would take the pastry and fruit to my room for a snack later or would just use the voucher for a light lunch if I knew I was going to be having an early dinner.

IIRC, the Hilton Financial District doesn't have many suites so that might be why O'Farrell is better about giving suite upgrades.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:52 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Hilton ANC this past weekend; booked King Deluxe, got King Deluxe (with a lovely view of the JC Penney).

I know it's high season, and maybe they don't have any better rooms (their hotel site doesn't list any suites, anyway), but it would have been nice to at least get a scenic view room.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Out of about 8 stays, I got upgraded to the "luxury" floors precisely once.

One stay (on points) at SF Fishermans Wharf Hilton, upgraded to a suite.

At SF Union Square, several sub-suite upgrades.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 6:05 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond
Waldorf Astoria Berlin

Booked Junior King Deluxe - received King Deluxe with view, nice room though
Old Jul 18, 2013, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Pleb, HH Gold, PWP General Secretary
Doubletree SeaTac--std room, got a tower "super deluxe" room 0/1
Hilton SeaTac--std room, no upgrade at all 0/1
Hilton PHX--std room got exec room. 0/4
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat.; DL Plat; Hilton Gold
Doubletree Tropicana Las Vegas.

Booked a standard room.

Got a standard room.

Used the VIP/Diamond check-in, and the agent said (without me asking) that because of a tournament, all of their suites were booked. Apparently, all of their other rooms above the basic room type were also booked. No offer of a bungalow with a pool view or anything else.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond
Birmingham (UK) Metropole

Despite a number of posts pointing to suite upgrades at this property, only exec level for me today. Going by the rates not at all a busy night for the hotel.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
I'm not seeing the value of this thread. It feels like this year there has been a retraction to the commitment to upgrade (US) properties. As a diamond I have 23 stays this year without one upgrade
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
8 year as a Diamond and this year is the worst. 22 stays one upgrade.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
The last two posts prompted me to review the year so far. With 25 stays I have had just one suite upgrade which ironically was at the one and only Hampton I have been to so far this year.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:10 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
To be fair I have 60 nights at Marriott as a Platinum and 40 nights at SPG also as a Platinum and have only gotten one each from them.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:57 pm

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
no suite at the Waldrof London again.

We received an king room on the exec level after some complaining. I had sent an email requesting an upgrade and never heard back and was told they didn't have any exec rooms available. The clerk had another employee (I believe a manager) do something and was able to get us in a king deluxe exec room. It's strange the first agent said they had no exec level rooms and then all of a sudden someone else could upgrade me.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, SPG Plat, HH Gold
Capital Hilton - Washington DC
Booked: 1 KING BED DELUXE ROOM
Received: 1 KING BED DELUXE ROOM, right across the hall from the housekeeping room, so at 7 a.m. each morning, I had several housekeepers gathered right outside my door organizing their carts, and a lovely view into the housekeeping closet.

They also closed the executive lounge for the second night I was there because of "repairs" - there was no advance notice. An appetizer in the bar was offered instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.