Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Diamond suite upgrade failure thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by loomis
Upgrades were not at a benefit at the Hampton Inn brand before, and that has not changed with Hilton's new policy, so I don't think that it is fair that Hampton Inns show up in this thread. Ditto for Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites.
To keep it apples to apples I would agree. But as an aside I have gotten some nive upgrades in the past at both.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by loomis
Upgrades were not at a benefit at the Hampton Inn brand before, and that has not changed with Hilton's new policy, so I don't think that it is fair that Hampton Inns show up in this thread. Ditto for Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites.
But I typically get my best UG's at these properties, in terms of room size and it being a real suite. I can't recall the last time I actually got a sweet at any Conrad, DT, or Hilton.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by azepine00
Since diamond benefits now include upgrades to suites it's probably beneficial to identify the properties that refuse to do so and their reasons.
Gotta say, I have received UG's to suites the past couple years before this published change but in the spirit of this thread, I will try to find some properties that fail to recognize my DYKWIA status.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox
Conrad Singapore - upgraded us to a Centennial suite.

At check in they told us that they upgraded us because it was our 1st stay in the property, but probably it is the new policy. In any case ^
What was your original booking?
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:38 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Doubletree Club SNA

Just had my first check-in since this new benefit, at the Doubltree Club SNA. I've stayed here a lot recently (the end of last quarter) because of cheap rates, the Q4 promo, and needing to re-qualify for Diamond.

I've been checking my reservation regularly to see if there was any change in room type, nothing ever changed (I had a corner King room reserved, the same price as several other standard rooms). Tried to check-in online to see if any upgrades were being offered, got the "page unavailable" message at the link (been happening a lot lately).

When I just checked in, nothing changed, my Diamond membership was mentioned and I was thanked for my loyalty and welcomed back to the property. Received room #621, a corner King room, exactly what I booked (and a room I've had before). I didn't mention anything or ask about upgrades. It's actually a nice room with large windows facing two sides, so I'm not complaining. Just no change whatsoever from before these changes were made. And I actually received a suite upgrade once here a couple months ago! Obviously an anomaly. lol

ETA: moved this post from the rumor thread as it seems more appropriate here.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Conrad Indianapolis -

given standard room booked despite hotel being virtually empty
Old Jan 30, 2012, 3:44 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by payam81
What was your original booking?
1 King Classic under the offer Any Weekend Anywhere
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:12 am

no suite upgrades in munich park and at the hilton in bonn!
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:25 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by saviox
1 King Classic under the offer Any Weekend Anywhere
Interesting. The upgrade is definitely an anomalous one. Conrad SIN strictly upgrades one tier up only, meaning from Classic, to Executive. To get to Centennial, you need to book at least Executive. Trust me, I stay 30+ nights a year at that property.

I spoke to the front desk manager about the new changes and their effect at Conrad SIN last week but he was still clueless to how it will be handled. He said the program would kick in for them in Feb. only so I suspect the reason they gave you at check in is actually the truth and the upgrade was not based on the new changes.

Frankly I don't think much will change at this property as they already routinely upgrade to Suites, subject to availability (and they do sometimes get sold out of them), if Diamonds book Executive.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon
HGV Orlando

Upgraded from studio to a 1 bedroom suite, but only after I asked if a better room was available as the studio they had pre-allocated was totally against my stated preferences (high floor, away from elevator).
No prob upgrade. Ask and you shall receive, on check in that is....
Old Jan 31, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Gold
Had 3 different stays at Hiltons in the DFW/Arlington area last week and was 0 for 3 in upgrades. Funny thing was one hotel stated we have upgraded you to an executive level room. Funny thing was I paid for an executive room.

I give up on Hilton and upgrades, I just stand there and smile and think....boy is this process #%$&U* up.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 8:14 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by san888
Had 3 different stays at Hiltons in the DFW/Arlington area last week and was 0 for 3 in upgrades. Funny thing was one hotel stated we have upgraded you to an executive level room. Funny thing was I paid for an executive room.

I give up on Hilton and upgrades, I just stand there and smile and think....boy is this process #%$&U* up.
Just remember - based on availability for your entire stay...
As for the "upgrade" to the room you booked: The GSA can only go by what is on your onscreen folio. If an agent put in "upgrade to executive room", that is what the GSA sees and will tell you. If there is no comment, there is no way for the GSA to know you were upgraded (well, they can go into the room history file and look, but that takes time to do). Are you sure the GSA said "upgraded"? If he/she looked at the room type box, they would have said executive... Perhaps you misheard. Don't dump on the GSAs - they aren't the ones who did the upgrades. The supervisors and managers do them.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:20 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by san888

I think FTers should all pleasantly ask for an upgrade to the Caligula Suite at all Hilton properties.

This silly prank might actually focus the personnel a little more on the concept of upgrades and Hilton policy by accident, if upgrades become a matter of discussion.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Both Hilton properties in Dubai.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Hilton Times Square New York

Did a 1 night stay there, they knew about the new policy of upgrade AND breakfast AND points, upgraded to a deluxe room (basically a better view).

Starting the 8th doing reward stays at Hilton Sydney, Hilton Cairns and Hilton Melbourne on the Park so we will see how it goes there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.