Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Apr 30, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Gyeongju (South Korea).

Booked Deluxe Family Room - upgraded at Executive Lounge check-in into a one-bedroom queen bed suite (not sure the exact type/name - the hotel has several similar types). Upgraded without asking.

Very nice hotel by the way, with a great newish executive lounge.
Old May 3, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Hilton SantaClara

Booked: Levi Stadium View - 3 nights
Got: Small-ish 6th floor suite (612) with a view of the street. Asked for a regular room on the quiet side of the hotel, but that had all been given out by the time I got there. Luckily, Tasman Dr is pretty quiet after 10:00pm, so noise wasn't a big issue.

It was a handicapped room and equipped with roll in shower and 1/2 height closet shelves / clothes hangers which was kind of odd. I think the other non-handicapped ones have tubs and showers in the bathrooms as there as a lot of extra blank space there which I assume is to accommodate wheelchairs. Pretty sure I heard a tub filling up on floor 7 above me last night!
Old May 3, 2019, 9:11 pm

Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

Booked a King deluxe room with points plus cash for 2 nights and upgraded to King Executive Suite day before arrival.
Old May 4, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
V Dubai Curio by hilton

V Dubai, Curio by Hilton. Booked a King Deluxe room during the Honors sales and I got upgraded 15 days in advance to a Round Bed Valor Suite, that's a 6 cat upgrade and during the low season if space availability permits it appears to be the default upgrade for Diamonds.
During check-in I was offered a free upgrade to a V Suite, that is one category (and 500 more AED if paid booking) above the Round Bed Valor Suite but after looking at the suite I refused because in my opinion the Round Bed Valor Suite is better and with a better layout even if a little bit smaller than the V suite (anyway this is my personal opinion).
As a Diamond benefit (the hotel hasn't an executive lounge) I received 3 free drinks per person during the happy hour (5pm to 8pm) at the V lounge on the 30th floor.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:50 pm

Hilton Sofia. Booked Twin Room, upgraded on day of arrival to Park Executive Suite.
0nFire likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Conrad New York

Used an Amex Aspire Free Weekend night, booked into a deluxe suite with sofa bed ( this is standard room at this property) and was upgraded to Luxury Corner Suite. This room wasnt ready when I got there so they let me have an Executive Suite to put my things while I went out. So not bad two upgrades in one day and tried both rooms 😆. Check them out below:

Ordpc likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Conrad Dubai
Booked 1-night stay (10-11 May 2019) for the base category King Deluxe Room and got upgraded to the King Deluxe Suite - not the Executive suite though so the suite was missing a bath but lovely shower nonetheless.
Huge lounge and great service even during Ramadan - got a bit crowded though during cocktail hours...
Old May 14, 2019, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold (CCR), Cartafreccia, HH Diamond, Esselunga Fidaty Gold
Originally Posted by GoldenCat_EK
Conrad Dubai
Booked 1-night stay (10-11 May 2019) for the base category King Deluxe Room and got upgraded to the King Deluxe Suite - not the Executive suite though so the suite was missing a bath but lovely shower nonetheless.
Huge lounge and great service even during Ramadan - got a bit crowded though during cocktail hours...
Similar experience, same days, probably we met at the lounge...
Booked 1-night stay (10-11 May 2019) for the base category King Deluxe Room during the sales at a very good price below 250 AED and got upgraded to an high floor King Deluxe Suite.
Lounge with a decent service even during Ramadan (happy hour starting at 7.30PM after sunset) but extremely crowded during happy hours with many people not able to find a place. Only cocktail served was the Gin & Tonic, otherwise cheap red or white wine or beer.
During another stay, the previous week, I was upgraded to the standard corner room, but the experience in the lounge was better: less crowded and better food selection.
GoldenCat_EK likes this.
Old May 15, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Hilton Paddington (London UK) upgraded from standard room to Queen suite though on the second floor very loud so beware if you are a light sleeper and they offer you a low floor suite
Old May 15, 2019, 1:34 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by kauppias
Hilton Paddington (London UK) upgraded from standard room to Queen suite though on the second floor very loud so beware if you are a light sleeper and they offer you a low floor suite
Interesting! Great tip about the low floor room, thanks.

Did you see the upgrade before you checked in? I have a stay there tomorrow (& so far the app is showing no upgrade for me at all) & many room types are still showing for sale (I booked a standard room). Thanks!
Old May 15, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Interesting! Great tip about the low floor room, thanks.

Did you see the upgrade before you checked in? I have a stay there tomorrow (& so far the app is showing no upgrade for me at all) & many room types are still showing for sale (I booked a standard room). Thanks!
Last time I stayed they upgraded me on morning of stay to a very nice room but not a suite.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:05 pm

Hilton Garden Inn, Salt Lake City airport. Booked a regular room, upgraded to a suite half the size of my house. One night only and just me, what a waste.
Park Lane MInger likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:31 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott
Originally Posted by wizla
Last time I stayed they upgraded me on morning of stay to a very nice room but not a suite.
Thanks for the info & fingers crossed
wizla likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Charlotte Executive Park, booked King Bed Deluxe Room, upgraded to King Deluxe Suite.
Old May 17, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, QR Gold, Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Staying at the Hilton Dubai Al Habtoor City (ex-Westin) tonight. Booked 2 x King Guest rooms on cash basis and both upgraded to Junior Suite. Beautiful lounge on the 39th floor overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road but limited selection of nibbles and basic cocktails, wine & beer. Excellent service nonetheless.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.