Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Hilton Kuala Lumpur- Booked a regular king room. Got upgraded to jr Suite. Awesome room and nice buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
Old May 28, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by SESTAR
Hilton Kuala Lumpur- Booked a regular king room. Got upgraded to jr Suite. Awesome room and nice buffet breakfast in the restaurant.
+1

Last minute trip, booked Regular King at 4pm. Checked app at 5pm and saw OLCI for Junior Suite. Too bad I only got in at 1am and out by 7
Old May 28, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Hilton Bomonti Istanbul
1 stay (3 nights standard room on points) upgraded to executive suite.
1 stay (week later, 1 night standard room on cash) upgraded to king executive room.

Conrad Istanbul
2 nights on Points, upgraded to Grand Deluxe Bosporus suite

DoubleTree Moda Istanbul
1 night standard room, cash.
Upgraded to king junior suite with sea view.
Old May 30, 2018, 9:22 am

New to Hilton

Question, does using points/cash hurt your chances of an upgrade?

Also should I not use OLCI if no upgrades show even thought I know there is lots of openings?
Old May 30, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
In a Penthouse Suite at Hilton Vienna right now. Booked Executive Lounge level room. EXTREMELY nice upgrade, room, view, and staff wonderful. The OLCI has been down....wish it were down more often! Wouldn't probably be here if it were working
Old May 31, 2018, 6:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Bonvoy something
Conrad Tokyo
2 night stay - points redemption
Booked King Room City View, pre-upgraded at OLCI to King Executive Suite Bay View.

Had a stay at Conrad Beijing for two nights immediately after and received no upgrade from an all cash booking. Win some/lose some, but definitely came out ahead this round.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
Conrad Bangkok, booked basic room and received huge suite (but not the one with terrace)

Garden Inn MXP actually gave me a so-called suite on basic room booking
Old Jun 2, 2018, 8:34 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
This one is borderline. At a 3 night points stay at Hilton Anatole in Dallas, TX no upgrade was offered with all room types available for sale. I inquired at the desk during check-in about a one category upgrade (standard room to deluxe room) and FDC said “that will be $231.00”. It was frustrating that she would try to charge me for something that should be free, but the kicker is that the difference between the room categories is only $10/night!!! Talk about price gouging. I’ve only had this happen at one other hotel (Waldorf Astoria Chicago). When I asked to speak to a manager the FDC told me that said is new and “wants to do the right thing” but then did upgrade. I still asked to speak with the manager anyways. He was nice, apologized, and went back to the computer for awhile and assigned us the Presidential Suite for the weekend which was a nice gesture. We did not ask for anything so I felt he went above and beyond to make it right. That redeemed the stay and everything else was great.
Jaimito Cartero likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond, United Global Services
Booked 3 nights at Hilton Chicago in Standard King Room. Did OLCI. Upon arrival I learned I was upgraded to the Marshal Field Suite, one of the 13 specialty suites at the Hilton Chicago. Love this upgrade!
mrredskin likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Conrad Dubai

Booked a King Deluxe Room for three nights on a sale rate. Was pre-upgraded to a King Deluxe Corner Room, then to a King Deluxe Suite on check in.
Pretty happy with a three night suite upgrade, but then it is Ramadan.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hilton Tokyo. 8 night stay (7 paid, 1 points). Upgraded at check-in (in the exec lounge) from a Hilton King to a Junior Suite.

Only catch was that despite checking in around 4:30pm the room wasn't ready as apparently the previous guest had smoked in the room so they were airing it. As a result I was given the choice of waiting an hour, or taking a standard room. Given the long stay, the fact I wasn't in a rush, and lounge access whilst I waited, I agreed to wait.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:42 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Bonvoy, Choice, IHG
Hampton Inn Stuart, Florida

Booked a standard queen room with 2 queen beds.
Upgraded to a suite with 2 queen beds and a pull out bed/couch. Upgraded after asking.
I have stayed here a few times and was hoping for this upgrade. I traveled with my two children and wanted them to have their own beds.

Hampton Inn, West Palm Beach Airport Florida

Booked standard queen room with 2 queen beds
Offered an upgrade without asking to a king suite with 1 pull out bed.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Hilton Bandung, Indonesia

Originally booked 5 nights on points. It was my birthday in the middle, so decided to get away.

This property has had some bumps on previous stays, but decided to give it a shot. Only upgraded to exec floor, but asked when checking in, and got a Jr. Suite. They don’t actually have many suites here. The Presidential Suite is 140 square meters, and Jr Suite is about 100 square meters.

I extended for another 5 nights, as the points rate was the lowest I’d seen.

Last edited by Jaimito Cartero; Jun 18, 2018 at 12:34 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:46 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Hilton Denver City Center. Thurs, Fri, and Sat night paid stay. Upgraded to king junior suite ahead of check in. originally booked standard king room
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver
Marquette Hotel, Minneapolis (Curio Collection)

Hilton Diamond. Booked a deluxe corner king room for two weekend nights. Emailed the general manager four days prior to checkin and explained that we were celebrating our fiftieth wedding anniversary on the day of checkin. I received an almost immediate upgrade to a one bedroom executive suite which was very nice and not expected. The kicker was that when we got to our room, the hotel had supplied a dozen red roses in a vase, a three-tier cake and an anniversary card signed by 15 or so hotel staff members. I am blown away. On checking out after our two day stay, the front desk clerk asked how our anniversary was and commented, "I heard that you were coming." This hotel made us feel special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.