Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Apr 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
Hilton Hanoi Opera

I booked standard room for 4 nights, got upgraded to King Suite.
Old Apr 22, 2018, 12:28 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Booked a King Deluxe at the Conrad in Dublin

About 1 week out it changed to King Superior
With 2 days to go it changed to King Premier with View
With 1 day to go it changed to King Junior Suite
On day of arrival it changed to King Deluxe Suite

To get so many upgrades without any intervention from me, they must be really pro-active about this sort of thing.

Im also placing it in my top 5 best hotels Ive ever stayed in, so in all exceptionally happy with this stay.
wizla likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Hilton Cologne: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite night before arriving.
Hilton Dsseldorf: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite day before arriving.
Hilton Rotterdam: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to king executive suite day before arriving.
Hilton Brussels Grand Place: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite night before arriving.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Conrad Bangkok April2018 5nights on points (5th night free). Conrad also sold out on first two of my midweek points nights about 1week out (I reviewed room availability/rates situation a week out as is my norm )

Room modded online circa midday day before checkin from entry level King Guest -> King Bed Exec Suite and completed the online checkin once I saw modded, and got the promised/modded room at my 8pm checkin

Very happy with such an upgrade on award nights, I have not stayed much during 2017, unlike during 2015+2016 , though were usually were paid nights. I believe my past 2015-1Q2017 regular stay loyalty was rewarded.
Was just burning up my orphaned 144k of 160k HH points balance, that don't go as far in my major European Cities/Capitols nights (frustratingly was priced at 4x first nights 36k than using individual 36/31/29/28/29 or average)

I can even see Conrad Bangkok receiving far more from Hilton corporate for soldout scenario re award nights at 'Daily Ave Rate' than at my usual fairly low fixed corporate paid rate which may have helped.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Delectatio
Hilton Cologne: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite night before arriving.
Hilton Dsseldorf: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite day before arriving.
Hilton Rotterdam: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to king executive suite day before arriving.
Hilton Brussels Grand Place: booked cheapest room on cash, upgraded to junior suite night before arriving.
So OLCI is now giving worthwhile upgrades?
Old Apr 25, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: British, United,SW, Delta,Iberia,KLM, Qatar, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, Starwood, Radisson, Wyndham,
Conrad Miami, booked basic room, upgrade to a suite with 3 rooms , 2 restrooms, kitchen and huge balcony.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Hampton Inn and Suites, Garden District, St. Charles Ave., New Orleans

Booked a 2Q standard room. Upgraded at check-in to an avenue-view suite with a huge shower and jetted tub.

This is a fantastic property and I've always been treated very well here.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:43 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Delectatio
I have a stay in Dusseldorf and Cologne in 2 weeks so you've given me hope that I'll score my first suite upgrade of the year!
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat
is there any evidence hilton aspire diamond's get fewer upgrades than diamonds that earned the status? i can imagine the front desk agents can easily see how many nights the person has stayed with hilton.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 9:47 pm

Just completed my Asia trip . I get upgraded to the suite room at these hotels with Aspire card. Before I got this card, I am in diamond level thru matches and received no suite room upgrade at all. Maybe I was lucky this time.
a) Hilton garden Inn Bali - 2 nights stay
b) Conrad Bali- 4 nights stay
c) Double tree hotel Kuala Lumpur - 4 nights Stay
d) Conrad Hong Kong - 2 nights Stay
runningformqm likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper
So OLCI is now giving worthwhile upgrades?
For all of these reservations I used OLCI only AFTER being upgraded (for the last reservation I didn't even bother because I was arriving at the hotel before check in time).
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Just completed my Asia trip . I get upgraded to the suite room at these hotels with Aspire card. Before I got this card, I am in diamond level thru matches and received no suite room upgrade at all. Maybe I was lucky this time.
a) Hilton garden Inn Bali - 2 nights stay
b) Conrad Bali- 4 nights stay
c) Double tree hotel Kuala Lumpur - 4 nights Stay
d) Conrad Hong Kong - 2 nights Stay

Last edited by NotTellYou; Apr 26, 2018 at 12:04 am
Old Apr 25, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
My final stay as a HH Diamond, as I've dropped back to Gold since then.

Hilton Dallas Lincoln Center
Booked standard king room
Received (without asking) 2BR/2.5BA presidential suite

Although only one night (and I arrived pretty late), turned out to be the perfect upgrade as my team was preparing for a presentation the following morning, and we were able to do that in my dining room instead of the lobby or exec lounge.

This was actually one of the nicer super-suites I've seen or stayed in. Really way too big of a room for fewer than four people - I tried to be nice to housekeeping and didn't even use the other bedroom or half bath aside from taking a few photos. Only complaint was the HVAC was a little wonky, probably due to there being four thermostats through the place.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:51 pm

Hilton Bucharest Athenee Palace
booked cheapest room on sale rate (included note asking for early check in)
Now pre-upgraded tot Presidential suite on morning of arrival. Will be at the hotel in 1 hour time.
Excited 😁😁
tynmar likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
I have a stay in Dusseldorf and Cologne in 2 weeks so you've given me hope that I'll score my first suite upgrade of the year!
Dusseldorf is usually stingy with upgrades. This was my third junior suite upgrade in about 12 stays, usually just an executive room upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.