Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2016] Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2016, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Mazeltov
called 24hrs in advance
Asking explicitly for an upgrade?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 1:25 am

Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Booked King Deluxe (Winter Sale rate), I'd been in the room a couple of hours before realising it was actually a suite pleasantly surprised to find sitting area w/ sofa and huge TV through doorway. Second floor of the building with the Exec Lounge.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:00 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Campbell House in Lexington KY (Curio Collection): upgraded from std king to large suite, but I had to ask for it and the place was DEAD with maybe five cars in the lot. At Hilton downtown Lex the next week was given a double-size room, again, had to ask for upgrade. No suite.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:40 pm

Hilton London Canary Wharf Cash and Points rates upgraded 48 hours before stay to Junior Suite - this though is my 94th stay here ...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 1:12 pm

Paid 75$ and ended up here in the dusable suite, its biiiig. My best upgrade ever!
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by kempis
Paid 75$ and ended up here in the dusable suite, its biiiig. My best upgrade ever!
Ok.. I am totally lost ...
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:00 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PayItForward
Ok.. I am totally lost ...
Chicago?? http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/ill...ites-info.html
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by markis10
Wow...!
OP, what did you booked to get the UG?

DUSABLE SUITE

The DuSable Suite, ideal for receptions of up to 75 people, offers 1,450 square feet including a living room, dining room, kitchen, and sitting area as well as two bedrooms each with private bath. The living room offers a warm harmony of earth tones and vibrant accents, with a multitude of user-friendly media conveniences and bird’s eye view of the Chicago skyline and Lake Michigan. The dining room features warm cocoa tones, deep textures, dramatic photography, abstract sculptures, and a beautiful mahogany table to gather the private company of friends, family, and distinguished peers for conversation.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 3:58 am

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, Hyatt - Glob, Marriot/SPG - Plat, IHG - Plat
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Asking explicitly for an upgrade?

Yes
Old Feb 12, 2016, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Melbourne Australia south wharf ..upgraded to a corner suite for one night stay from lowest room category. . Probably the most sterile undecorated suite in a hilton I've ever been at, and reading lights didn't work and couldn't be fixed, but there was a large living room and bathroom. Service levels are very low especially for a large city hotel attached to the convention Centre ..no bellman at entrance, ordered cab didnt arrive OTOH. .the suite was probably 3 to 4 times the size of the average Syd hilton room so enjoyed the space
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: hhonors diamond
HILTON WEMBLEY UK - Booked king guest room preupgraded and received King suite, very nice , very happy!.....Wizla.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Booked a five-day stay with points in a standard room at the Kuala Lumpur Doubletree. I asked about a suite when I checked in, but was told it was not available for the first two nights, but that I could try asking again in two days. I asked after two days, and they moved me to a suite for the remainder of my stay.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 1:18 am

PSR rate of £65 tonight at Doubletree London Docklands preupgraded to my preferred Junior River View Suite yesterday on app !
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards-Platinum, BAEC-Blue, Hilton Hhonors-Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hilton Bankside London.

Booked King Room, UG to King Exec at online checkin and into one bedroom king suite on arrival. A great hotel irrespective of the upgrade (although that helped!)
For clarification could you advise whether you actually checked in online and selected your room...and was then upgraded further at check-in?

Or you just noticed that the room type had been pre-upgraded on the reservation summary?

I am keen to hear data points on this as some folk advise again checking in on line as it lessens chances of last minute upgrades others, while others advise to check in online!

I have tried both recently and while I have been upgraded at check in having not checked in online, I have yet to check in online and be upgraded further on arrival.

Thanks,

Premier01

Last edited by premier01; Feb 19, 2016 at 2:40 am
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
Hilton Hua Hin - Booked deluxe twin. Upgraded on second day of a 4 day stay to a Oceanview Suite. Here's the view from the balcony

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.