Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Hilton Leeds - Booked a standard room on C&P received an upgrade to a Suite.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Doubletree Seattle Airport upgrade!

Booked 6 nights in a basic King on points.

At online check in, I didn't care for the room offered, and could not get the room map to work on my phone.

Received text from digital concierge the next day about mid-morning welcoming me and asking if any requests. I requested the Tower. Was told should be mo problem.

Upon arrival, as desk clerk is filling put breakfast vouchers, I commented that I had never been in a room that low in the hotel. She said there was construction on the other side and they didn't want it to bother me. So I asked if there was a suite available.
Yes, but it overlooks construction from 7am to 7pm.
We said we would like it anyway. BINGO!
Two room suite with round table for 4, sofa, chair, coffee table, additional TV, wet bar with refrigerator.
Giant bathroom with dual sink vanity.

Great stay for a conference!
Old Jun 10, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Hilton Phoenix airport

Hilton Phoenix airport upgraded me on a 1 night Saturday stay from a basic king on el cheapo MVP rate to a jr suite. I booked the room at about 7pm and checked in at 9 and was given it without asking.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Jun 12, 2017 at 5:25 pm
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:41 am

Palace Athénée Hilton Bucharest

Upgraded to a Junior Suite, but only after asking.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 12:44 am

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre

No suite, but a corner Panarama Executive Floor room. I actually quite liked it.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Doubletree Manchester Piccadilly

On the last night of a three night stay, I was moved from a regular executive room (due to a problem with the fridge) to the duplex Auburn Suite on the 10th/11th floor.

I have stayed in a lot of hotel suites, but this is one of the most impressive - real wow-factor IMO. Such a shame I was on my own!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Doubletree Springfield, MO

Upgraded to a Jr. Suite from a standard king on a 1-night points stay. No mention at checkin, discovered it was a suite when I opened the door to the room.

Frankly, upgrades do nothing for me. The only rooms I used were the bedroom and bathroom - the living room was just a extra room I had to walk through. Plus the whole suite smelled like cigarette smoke (and the hotel was full).
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:52 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
DoubleTree Wood Dale - Elk Grove

Upgraded to a junior suite. Paid stay.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 8:19 am

Conrad Cairo. Upgraded to a beautiful suite. Nile view. Fantastic stay.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Conrad St James, London. Booked premium room with points+cash and was upgraded to executive suite. Diamond (49 stays this so far in 2017 so already made Diamond by a mile for 2018).... I really think Hilton are looking at YTD spend when assigning upgrades...
Old Jun 17, 2017, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by timfountain
Conrad St James, London. Booked premium room with points+cash and was upgraded to executive suite. Diamond (49 stays this so far in 2017 so already made Diamond by a mile for 2018).... I really think Hilton are looking at YTD spend when assigning upgrades...
I really doubt this. How do you think the Conrad St. James would have benefitted on your points + cash stay from assigning you this suite based on your YTD spend and why would you single out your stays and not your Diamond renewal on spend?-Have you stayed there before and spent a load of money?
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot
It was pointed out to me by a HGI manager that the status that shows up on the screen for front desk folks just shows Diamond even if your a Lifetime Diamond.
This is incorrect.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is incorrect.
Why? A load of properties don't use OnQ for check-in, especially in Europe.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
Why? A load of properties don't use OnQ for check-in, especially in Europe.
I asked at a variety of property locations since I was curious about the same thing. They universally replied in the affirmative. YMMV of course.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 4:45 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by smmrfld
This is incorrect.
I've looked at the screen twice at 2 different properties - status just says Diamond. I know what I saw.

Last edited by Tomphot; Jun 18, 2017 at 10:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.