Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:17 am

Waldorf Astoria Chicago

Book 2 free night certificates for 6/18-20 in Superior Room; upgraded 24 (not 72) hours before to Premier Room with Terrace.
bostonoski, Sisosig and Ghoulish like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Just curious - which property chain do you guys have the most success with upgrades at?

I usually have the best luck with DT. I haven't seen much advantage to Hilton with the executive lounges being closed so I've not stayed at them.

I've also had fairly good luck even at HGI's too. One I stay at fairly often upgrades me to a junior suite if it's available.

I always ask for an upgrade in the notes when making a reservation, even when it's a not perk for that property type. Worst they can say is no. I never expect it at those properties, but it's always appreciated.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:30 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I never know if my upgrades at Doubletree West Edmonton, Alberta, Canada are because of my past loyalties but at least the first time it was because of Diamond status and it seems to be a benefit they offer unless they are booked fully. Out of dozens of stays, including the current one, I have been upgraded on all but two occasions to one of their spacious suites in the "tower". Always appreciated and love the staff.
bostonoski likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA since 1988 (ex-elite status); Alaska; Hilton Diamond
Recent upgrades both in Canada:
Hampton Inn, Fredericton NB... won't do that again, should have downgraded. Booked queen, got king suite. It was on the 2nd floor and the elephants in the room above walked around way too much, too late and very early. Miserable.

Hilton, Saint John NB... upgrade to club floor king harborview. Nice room but the wifi didn't work (3 different devices). Nor in a different room. Worked in the hall. Also, adjoining room was noisy - MUST remember to ask for a NON-adjoining room. Very nice management though, quite apologetic.

Originally Posted by Superguy
Just curious - which property chain do you guys have the most success with upgrades at?
Very different: for me best luck at Hiltons. (Exec Lounge is open at Toronto!) No luck at DTs! And usually good luck at Hamptons. But not so much at HGIs except Chicago. (Can't remember on the suites hotels ES or HS.)

Last edited by bostonoski; Jun 23, 2022 at 12:37 pm Reason: add quote reply
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, AA Gold, HH Dia, PC Plat, ALL Sil, MR Gold
Waldorf Astoria Chicago
Booked 3 nights in Deluxe King with Fireplace, upgraded to Corner One Bedroom Suite King Bed, which I think is a 4-category upgrade. It was a lovely suite, everything was immaculate and service was stellar. Upgrade appeared on the app the day before.
Old Jun 25, 2022, 9:30 am

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Hilton Molino Stucky

Booked the lowest room, Superior King, with points for 3 nights a week ago. Upgraded to Molino Executive Suite 2 days before arrival.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Grand Hotel Villa Torretta, Curio Collection [Milan]

Booked King Superior.

Upgraded to King Junior Suite 2 days before arrival.

Wasn't really a suite (Junior or otherwise) just a larger room with more space I didn't use or need on this solo stay.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Hilton Dubai the walk

Booked entry level twin room for 2 adults and 2 kids, upgraded to 3 bedroom suite with full kitchen and dining room. Full breakfast and exec lounge extended to all guests without charge.
Craig6z and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:12 pm
Suspended

Bangkok Waldorf Astoria
Booked standard room "King Deluxe" for 5 nights (4 with points 5th free).

Upgraded to King Deluxe Suite
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:11 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
HGI Chicago Central Loop: Upgrade to 1BR KSuite
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:13 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Doubletree by Hilton Islantilla, Spain:
Booked standard twin room for 5 nights on points (67K points / 5 nights)
Pre-upgraded to deluxe king room on the day before arriving, upgraded to king one bedroom suite during check-in.
Fruit and bottle of cava in the room.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 8:46 pm

Hilton Mexico City Reforma
Booked a King Standard for 3 nights on points
Upgraded to a Junior Suite at Check-in (not really a suite, but a spacious room with sitting area)
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Conrad bangalore
When I was here last week for a few days I only got an executive room, but my 2 night stay this week has yielded a suite-level upgrade (both were booked as a standard king room). Front desk agent subtly implied the suite upgrade happened because they knew I was a “valued guest” who had stayed with them before
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:47 pm

you folks are getting upgrades? I've been Diamond for 5 years and I've received exactly one upgrade (even through Covid and low occupancy). Hilton announced last fall they were rolling out something to upgrade stays 72 hours pre-arrival, I've got a stay beginning tomorrow and nothing, though I can still "request an upgrade" for $xx/nt in the app. Am I doing something wrong? Bad luck of the draw?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cubbynole
you folks are getting upgrades? I've been Diamond for 5 years and I've received exactly one upgrade (even through Covid and low occupancy). Hilton announced last fall they were rolling out something to upgrade stays 72 hours pre-arrival, I've got a stay beginning tomorrow and nothing, though I can still "request an upgrade" for $xx/nt in the app. Am I doing something wrong? Bad luck of the draw?
Some properties just suck at upgrades. In my experience either they always proactively upgrade, or have to be prodded EVERY time as if they've never heard of it before.

Just call the day before and say "Hi, I'm a diamond member with a reservation and I was wondering if an upgrade would be possible."

That prompt usually suffices.

Last edited by Ghoulish; Jun 29, 2022 at 4:53 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.