Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Since the new notification program went into place, I just got my first upgrade.

Email came exactly 72 hours before check-in. Upgraded from a 1K river view to a 1K deluxe river view suite.
CMK10 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Conrad dubai

Hi

Upgraded from a corner room to a deluxe king suite here at conrad dubai for a 4 night stay.

Regards

Tbs
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: UR, MR, AA, DL, HH, IHG, Bonvoy
I just got back to back upgrades making me think I need to keep my diamond status when it expires, LOL.

I was upgraded at the Diplomat Hollywood Beach to a corner suite (which rack rate is $5k). They tried like hell to keep me in that room but couldn't. So the 2nd night I was moved to a top floor oceanfront king.

2 weeks later I was upgraded to an oceanfront swim up at the all-inclusive Hilton in Playa Del Carmen. We'll be back there for sure!
Kerrirdh likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, B6, BA (airline status-free leisure traveler), Hilton Diamond
Got back from a deeply discounted seven night stay at the Hilton Hawaiian Village last week.

Booked a standard room, but was upgraded to Deluxe Ocean View in the Rainbow Tower.

Thanks HHV! Loved it!
Old Mar 15, 2022, 12:46 pm

Two great successful suite upgrades over the past month. Both were also Hilton price match guarantee modified bookings, if that worsens chances of upgrade, doesn’t seem so.

the candler hotel Atlanta curio collection
booked standard king room, lowest rate. Upgraded to one bedroom city view suite.

roosevelt Hotel new orleans
again booked the cheapest king room. Upgraded to one bedroom suite on the 9th floor. 1.5 baths. From my understanding not all the one bedroom suites have the half bath.

both upgrades were automatic in the app 72 hours before check in
Old Mar 15, 2022, 4:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Cryptoprophet
Two great successful suite upgrades over the past month. Both were also Hilton price match guarantee modified bookings, if that worsens chances of upgrade, doesn’t seem so.
I have done numerous price matches with Hilton. That has never affected my chances of getting a suite. In fact, I have received a suite upgrade with each one
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Booked 4 nights next week at the new Hilton Porto Gaia in Porto, Portugal. Booked basic King Guest Room and was upgraded three days before on the app to a King Duplex Suite.

I am liking this new upgrade before arrival thing. Sadly, I will have to watch my intake of port so as not to fall down the stairs in the suite.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
Now I am hating this new upgrade before arrival thing. My two story suite in Porto upgrade just became a sad 'Deluxe King' upgrade on the app.

On the bright side, I can now drink too much port.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Yep this upgrade/ downgrade showing happened to me last year at the waldorf astora berlin
2 days upgraded from King deluxe To junior suite
Day before moved down to king deluxe with view.
Still a reasonable upgrade as I got a corner room on the top non tower suite floor. It is slightly annoying to see the room downgrade but I take the view that the room type is not guaranteed until check in.
my other upgrades including the dubai suite have stuck.

Regards

Tbs
pretzlaff likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:21 pm

Your upgrade vs a revenue customer. Guess who win?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 4:23 pm

What is the Hilton upgrade policy if your original booking is already a suite?
Old Mar 21, 2022, 5:28 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Just stayed at five separate Hilton hotels in Mexico City over five days and wound up a little disappointed...

Hilton Santa Fe, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Umbral, Curio by Hilton
- booked King, got King suite (very nice!)

Hilton Reforma, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Hilton Doubletree, Santa Fe, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Hampton Suites, Centro Histórico, Mexico City
- booked 1 bedroom suite, no upgrade

I wasn't expecting an upgrade from the Hampton although others have reported it, but I was kind of expecting an upgrade from at least one Doubletree or Hilton, and did not get any. If I can book a better-rated five-star hotel than a Hilton in Mexico City for half the price, there is no real incentive for me to hold onto the Amex Aspire which got me the Diamond. I am currently in the process of cancelling it.

People have their own reasons for attaining the Diamond status, it could be the points, it could be the free breakfast, I did not care about any of that. It was the upgrades I wanted. Heck, I'd be happy to trade in $250 airline credit and $200 hotel credit for guaranteed upgrades.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, KLM, HILTON HONOURS
We got upgraded to a deluxe suite at Conrad Dubai last weekend
Old Mar 24, 2022, 5:09 pm

2 weeks ago - Curio Maldives, 5 nights booked with points to basic King Sky Room, got upgraded to King Beach Villa
mid december - Hilton Prague, 3 nights cash, basic King room upgraded all the way up to King Exec Suite (but I'm quite regular there, 12 nights there in 2021)
Old Mar 25, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Just stayed at five separate Hilton hotels in Mexico City over five days and wound up a little disappointed...

Hilton Santa Fe, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Umbral, Curio by Hilton
- booked King, got King suite (very nice!)

Hilton Reforma, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Hilton Doubletree, Santa Fe, Mexico City
- no ugprade

Hampton Suites, Centro Histórico, Mexico City
- booked 1 bedroom suite, no upgrade

I wasn't expecting an upgrade from the Hampton although others have reported it, but I was kind of expecting an upgrade from at least one Doubletree or Hilton, and did not get any. If I can book a better-rated five-star hotel than a Hilton in Mexico City for half the price, there is no real incentive for me to hold onto the Amex Aspire which got me the Diamond. I am currently in the process of cancelling it.

People have their own reasons for attaining the Diamond status, it could be the points, it could be the free breakfast, I did not care about any of that. It was the upgrades I wanted. Heck, I'd be happy to trade in $250 airline credit and $200 hotel credit for guaranteed upgrades.
Really surprised about the Reforma. I've stayed several times and always got a jr suite. It was during the slower covid times but still I've heard good things about upgrades there. One of the few places I actually get suite upgrades.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.