Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by B3nder
First suite upgrade for me, from probably 2 dozen stays over the years. (Exceptings stays/upgrades at chains that aren't supposed to upgrade, like hgi/ Hampton)

Conrad resort world LV. King premium base room to King cityview suite (only floor 20, though). I did also tip the check in desk $20.

1100sqft room...
You tipped the check-in desk?? That's a first for me. Isn't that kind of bribery? You surely wouldn't tip TSA agents or Border Security as you pass through airports ...?

Having said that, glad for your upgrade!
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by sbams
You tipped the check-in desk?? That's a first for me. Isn't that kind of bribery? You surely wouldn't tip TSA agents or Border Security as you pass through airports ...?

Having said that, glad for your upgrade!
First for me, too.
Ok room for ~$145/nt after resort fee and taxes.

Last edited by B3nder; Oct 28, 2021 at 7:17 pm
Old Nov 17, 2021, 9:13 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Only my second one this year, and first at a non Hampton Inn.

Conrad New York Downtown. Upgraded from a King Standard Suite to a King Corner Suite. Huge living room, large bedroom room plus a separate powder room and bathroom with sunken tub and stand up shower. Great room.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Two in a week for me. First at DoubleTree Tower of London - Standard Queen booked on corporate rate, upgraded to City Suite (nice separate lounge and bedroom). Second was at Conrad London St James - Standard King book on redemption, upgraded to one bedroom Suite.
wizla likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Hilton Rio Copacabana. Booked a king suite one bedroom. Upgraded to the Imperial Suite. Great service and a wonderful experience. I’m coming back.
seychellesbound and mnhusker like this.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
DoubleTree Wroclaw - booked king deluxe room, upgraded to King Junior Suite
Old Dec 6, 2021, 6:39 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Hilton Miami Downtown

Booked a king bay view and got this

That view though. 🙄

I honestly dont see the what the fuss is all about. I never get upgraded as a Diamond ever even when there are rooms available as was the case here. My upgrade was that I was on top of an entire bank of elevators. Great!
Old Dec 6, 2021, 8:13 pm

Booked two nights at Waldorf Astoria Orlando in a king room (with free night certs that I thought were expiring, but weren't). Upgraded to King Suite at the desk without asking. View wasn't great but it was a real two room suite.
Followed that with a paid one night stay at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista (using resort credit). Upgraded in advance to what they call a Junior Suite, but it is really just a fairly big room (not even a really big room, but bigger than their standard room).
IndyHoosier and candgfan like this.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 10:19 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by B3nder
I did also tip the check in desk $20.

1100sqft room...
I'm surprised they took your $20. I would think they could get in a lot of trouble for that. They aren't the bartender or the bell hop!
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:03 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by rittenhousesq
I'm surprised they took your $20. I would think they could get in a lot of trouble for that. They aren't the bartender or the bell hop!
We occasionally tip if the front desk agent does something we appreciate (for example move assigned room to a better location or to accommodate early checkin) or if they even just take time to make recommendations about things to do / places to eat if we are in a new city.

I doubt that there is a no tips policy at any hotel and don't think anyone who accepts a tip would get in a lot of trouble.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
D-tree Fullerton, CA, booked std king, upgraded to an oddball suite with the strangest hotel room floorplan I've ever seen, but OK. App popped up with the upgrade notice when I landed @ LAX.

Wish I'd noticed the through-wall HVAC when I was looking at this property online. I hate those drafty noisemakers, and they look cheap.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by buckeye91
Received suite upgrades last week at both Conrad Miami and South Beach Bentley Hilton. Booked standard king using points
Is the Bentley more of an adults only scene, or can families dig it as well?
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Thumbs up

HGI Woodbridge, VA. Got upgraded to a King junior suite last two stays from a standard king. ^

Always nice at an HGI since it's not a stated benefit. ^
Old Dec 17, 2021, 6:15 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by fwfdan
We occasionally tip if the front desk agent does something we appreciate (for example move assigned room to a better location or to accommodate early checkin) or if they even just take time to make recommendations about things to do / places to eat if we are in a new city.

I doubt that there is a no tips policy at any hotel and don't think anyone who accepts a tip would get in a lot of trouble.
Yes that makes perfect sense. You tip to reward good service, but I've never considered giving a check in agent $20 and saying "can you find me a suite?" That seems different. I'm not making a judgment here, if that is a successful strategy, go for it! It just seemed to me like something a hotel manager might frown upon.
Old Dec 17, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Stayed at the Waldorf in New Orleans for Thanksgiving. Upgraded from a standard room to a King Suite on the top floor with Diamond Status and booking via FHR.

Last edited by timo469; Dec 17, 2021 at 9:56 am Reason: spelling

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.