Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2021, 9:12 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - VS Gold - SPG Plat - IHG Plat, Hhonors Diamond -A3 Gold-EK Gold
Waldorf Rome Cavalieri

Anyone stayed here as a Diamond ? and if so care to share their upgrade stance for Diamond member?
Old Oct 5, 2021, 12:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by diminos
Anyone stayed here as a Diamond ? and if so care to share their upgrade stance for Diamond member?
This property has its own thread: Hilton Rome Cavalieri
SPN Lifer and wizla like this.
Old Oct 6, 2021, 1:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Hilton Kyiv, booked a King Guest Room, was upgraded to King Executive Premium

I was told that the corner room w/ panormaic view is not available for complimentary upgrade.
I was also offered a King One Bedroom Suite but because it had a much worse view and was needlessly too large (I was staying on my own), I passed.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 3:03 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Stayed in Dubai last week. Booked 1 king bed deluxe, was upgraded to a 1 bedroom family suite in Hilton Dubai Jumeirah and booked King deluxe room and was upgraded to a Diplomat Suite in Habtoor Palace Dubai LXR Hotel

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah

Hilton Dubai Jumeirah

Diplomat Suite, Habtoor Palace Dubai, LXR
Old Oct 7, 2021, 6:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Doubletree Trieste

Booked a standard room on points (5th night free) and was upgraded to a Junior Suite on 3rd floor, right at the hotel’s back front.
Sleeping room separated from living room by a wall leaving passageways on both side. The TV was on that wall. Oddly enough, no TV on the living room side on that wall.
The living room had a bed sofa, a small round table (which did not fit design wise) two low armchairs and a coffee table.
Bath tub and separate shower in the bathroom.
Very good sound isolation! Hardly any traffic noise audible nor indoor noise.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Multiple Upgrades

Hilton Mainz City Deluxe King to King Balcony (not a small balcony) sadly just a 1 category upgrade.
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam 2 King Superior rooms to King Grand Premier with Canal View initially with one of the rooms being upgraded further to a King Junior Suite which was an incredible 6 category upgrade (100 square meter room too)
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2021, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Hilton Budapest. Booked superior Twin, received King Danube River Suite. Amazing views and great experience at reception.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 1:16 pm

Diamond Member, currently staying at Higueron Hotel Malaga, Curio Collection by Hilton.
My original booking (for one person) was in the lowest category - King Guest Room - at the Semi-Flex Honors Rate, and even without an upgrade of any kind I was perfectly content to spend my break-from-the-cold in it (as most of my time is anyway spent under the sun by the pool).
I never received any communication from the hotel regarding an upgrade (and for that matter, communication of any kind whatsoever) and was too busy at work to bother looking into the app when the check-in notification popped up - thus finding a nice surprise waiting for me when I finally logged in in the evening: I was upgraded to King Premium Suite with Seaview!
The hotel has a lot of different accommodation types, however if you attempt a booking far away into the future when everything is available and filter out only king-bed rooms (12 types in total) by ascending price, if my original booking were to be designated Category 1 (semi-flex rate ca. €113), my upgraded suite would be Category 10 (semi-flex rate ca. €219)!
Really grateful and awesome loyalty treatment - will definitely drop a note to the manager after checkout to express my gratitude.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Oct 25, 2021, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Hilton Budapest. Booked superior Twin, received King Danube River Suite. Amazing views and great experience at reception.
I've had that upgrade before, great rooms and views. I think it was possibly more square meterage than our first London flat!
ThatT1Feeling and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Hawkbat
I've had that upgrade before, great rooms and views. I think it was possibly more square meterage than our first London flat!
Yep - absolutely huge!
Old Oct 27, 2021, 1:53 am

First suite upgrade for me, from probably 2 dozen stays over the years. (Exceptings stays/upgrades at chains that aren't supposed to upgrade, like hgi/ Hampton)

Conrad resort world LV. King premium base room to King cityview suite (only floor 20, though). I did also tip the check in desk $20.

1100sqft room...
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:31 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
I’m surprised that anyone gets an upgrade. I’ve been Diamond for a couple years now and have yet to receive an upgrade. Not at home, not even abroad.
remymartin likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by uxb
I’m surprised that anyone gets an upgrade. I’ve been Diamond for a couple years now and have yet to receive an upgrade. Not at home, not even abroad.
In Europe and Asia upgrades are fairly commons for Diamonds, even if not always to suites.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:40 am

uxb I can only concur with what others have said - your experience seems to reflect the Hilton approach in US ...

A few years back, prior-COVID-19, when I still used to travel on business (mostly to Boston and New York), my Diamond status rarely brought me any recognition at all, let alone an upgrade beyond what I had originally booked, and moreover on multiple occasions I had to fight for my limited free breakfast benefit ... the thirst in those hotels was unreal ... (Just a note that my experience in the Caribbean has been varied - e.g. Hilton Barbados was extremely stingy while Hilton La Romana extremely generous ...)

As opposed to that, in Europe / Asia / Africa, recognition across the entire Hilton portfolio has always been excellent, staff genuinely thankful for my business, etc. - and this is where I will continue choosing to spend my holidays.
worldiswide and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Originally Posted by uxb
Out of curiosity and as a data point: Diamond via Credit Card, or Diamond via nights/stays? Many have reported a trend that Card Diamonds have fewer upgrades than night/stay/points Diamonds.

I for one am almost always upgraded in some way or another, Most of my says are NOT in the US, and I am unable to get a US Credit Card which gives status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.