Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report your Diamond Suite Upgrade success here :)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: Delta Ham Sandwich, IHG Spire, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Hampton Inn, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. I booked a standard king and was upgraded to a king suite with a pullout sofa. Room was very spacious.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond ? TK*E
Booked King guest room at the Doubletree Tuzla (Far asian side of Istanbul, near Sabiha Airport)
Upgraded to King junior Suite.
Old Mar 8, 2021, 7:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hampton Inn & Suites Charlotte Airport. Checked in last Sunday on a $69 AAA rate and was upgraded proactively to a suite. Nice touch by the agent who thanked me for being Diamond and told me she'd upgraded me. Felt like the old days.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Hilton Hua Hin, Thailand
- 2 nights on weekend (my 1st time there)
- Honors Prepay and Save rate
- Booked standard twin room
- Got upgraded to a twin executive junior suite. Not a proper suite just one big room. Newly renovated but very bare minimum.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 2:58 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Thailand.
Booked King Family Suite & got upgraded to a King Panoramic Executive Suite. Very happy, particularly for less than 2,500 baht inclusive of tax etc. etc. (yes, there are many great deals out there but we wanted to stay here & nowhere else would do!)
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 8:54 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Hilton BWI and Puerto Vallarta

Hilton BWI 1 king to presidential suite after calling before check in on a one night stay.

Hilton Puerto Vallarta resort, 5 night points stay upgraded from 2 double ocean view to 2 double junior suite (with no couch) with oceanfront balcony.

I upgraded for $25 a day on my last two nights to a junior suite with walk up pool in the hacienda.
Jaimito Cartero and H8tofly like this.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP | United Silver | HH Diamond | Bonvoy Platinum | Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Airborne Brat

I upgraded for $25 a day on my last two nights to a junior suite with walk up pool in the hacienda.
So even thought they had a 1BR suite available they still made you pay for that room with your diamond status?
Old Apr 8, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Conrad Bangkok, Thailand
- 1 night on weekday
- Local promotion (1665 THB net/night)
- Booked standard king room
- Got upgraded to a Grand premium king room. Very nice stay overall.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL/HH/IHG/BW/Caesar's Diamond (Select), UA 1K, AA EXP, Marriott/MGM Gold, Hertz/Avis PC
Originally Posted by AAdamE
So even thought they had a 1BR suite available they still made you pay for that room with your diamond status?
not quite, I got a complimentary upgrade but I asked if they could do something better than a junior suite that didn’t even have a couch. Right now the swim out jr suite is $278, the oceanview jr suite is $250 and my original room is $193.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Hilton Mexico City reforma

Originally booked a king basic room but the night before I cancelled since the price went down. Immediately rebooked a twin room and was upgraded a few mins later to a junior suite. Did online checkin and chose a king bed anyway. It was a nice room. The front desk even asked if a king room was ok not realizing that I was the one that chose it. Nice room at a good rate.
Old May 3, 2021, 12:55 pm

Hilton garden inn Boise downtown

Upgraded from a king room to junior suite right around checkin time. Upgrades aren’t technically a benefit with hgi but always nice when that happens. It was basically a bigger room with a large work desk but it’s still appreciated.
Old May 28, 2021, 1:58 pm

DoubleTree Hilton London Excel

Been here over 10 nights now. Was initially upgraded from King Deluxe with view to King Suite with river view. I split my stay into separate reservations of 3 to 4 nights each. Some of those reservations I booked as a base room. I’ve also made another few reservations, mix of base room and Deluxe. So far I have been allowed to keep the suite with each reservation. Also managed to use each of my Amex cards for each booking to get the £50 cash back deal multiple times. My next reservation for another 3 nights starts tomorrow and in the app it’s showing as upgraded to same suite. Not sure how long they’ll allow me to do this but I highly doubt I would have been granted a suite upgrade if I had checked in with all these nights under just one reservation. Splitting long reservations into separate smaller ones might be the way to go.
NoY, teemuflyer and asdfghjk like this.
Old May 29, 2021, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA (Lifetime Gold, 1MM),UA(Premier Silver), Hilton(Diamond), Marriott (LTT), Hertz (PC)
Hilton Hawaiian Village

Hotel was fully booked so could not get upgraded upon check in but the frontdesk promised to upgrade later if rooms become available. I have Diamond status via stays while wife got it via Aspire. On Sunday night (third night) We got upgarded to Tapa Collection rooms facing each other. One room has full ocean view and the other has mixed Ocean/city view. Those are very nice recently renovated rooms and huge improvement on both views and room condiition from the original rooms. The hotel is often very packed in summer so not very easy to get upgrades.
Old Jun 24, 2021, 7:49 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Hilton Niagara Falls: booked King Studio with views of both falls, got "upgraded", after asking, to a premier room with falls views. Sounded nice upon check-in, but it's actually also just a normal room and nothing premier about it. It's selling at the same nightly rate. There were still suites available to book, but I didn't feel like going down to the front desk again.
DC9 likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 6:05 pm

Hilton Orlando

Booked a king accessible room on points for 2 nights because it’s all that was available at the base points rate. Asked about being moved the night before to a regular room and basically got told to pound sand. Checked again in the app early afternoon on checkin date and got upgraded to a 1br suite. Big room. I can only think of one other time I got upgraded to a true suite at a US property and that was over Christmas Eve and the hotel was empty.
Michael19887 likes this.

Last edited by sfgiants13; Jul 9, 2021 at 7:31 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.